IR5 entry from India for parents

Hello Sriram, I am a little confuse here. In generic email, it says you can go ahead and schedule an appointment for IR5 visa category? Please advise! Thank you!
I am in the same boat. Trying to get appointment through online portal but it only shows OFC in Mumbai and then don't let me select any appointment saying no appointment available (even though some dates were not greyed out)

I am in the same boat. Trying to get appointment through online portal but it only shows OFC in Mumbai and then don't let me select any appointment saying no appointment available (even though some dates were not greyed out)
Is this for new IR5 or renewal of expired IR5?
PCC is normally valid for 1 year, longer duration at some places (outside India). I would go with what the instructions tell you from the consulate.

Yes it's generic. They are not going to send each and everyone a customized letter. You don't need a letter for medical. You need to schedule an appointment, use that for the medical appointment. Get medical, get PCC, DS260 confirmation page and show up for the interview. Please post your parents experience leading up and after interview so others can benefit from it. Good luck.
FYI, I’ve got this note as part of the generic response from support@ustraveldocs -

Note : Any update regarding the IR5 visa category you will be communicated and you will be receiving a official communication from embassy and then you may schedule a appointment if you haven't received any communication you are not allowed to schedule the appointment.​

My parent appointment got cancelled in April 2021. I tried the portal website again after email from NVC (saying they will schedule but cannot predict or go schedule it yourself). I checked the box saying, there is an upcoming appointment and it did let me choose a date. Is this the process?

Contacted the congressional person. Let's go from there first then pay for DS260, then Medical and PCC along with the interview date. Thank you for the clarification and proper path. Appreciated.

It’s just a standard response from support@ustraveldocs. I’ll also try to email my Congressman’s office of my jurisdiction. Thanks!

Another question - how did you schedule the medical appointment without a letter from the consulate?

Yes it's generic. They are not going to send each and everyone a customized letter. You don't need a letter for medical. You need to schedule an appointment, use that for the medical appointment. Get medical, get PCC, DS260 confirmation page and show up for the interview. Please post your parents experience leading up and after interview so others can benefit from it. Good luck.
my son chicago, give us email address, so that we can right email conress man

good luck, My parents was today and it re-issued....thanks God! The officer did ask all the questions( retirement, my address, employer, position, status, etc.) again to make sure nothing in the DS260 changed. It was about 2 yrs old. They had to repay fees at the counter....they spent about 4.5 hrs at the embassy total. For some reason, they also asked to see my parents birth and marriage certificates this time around, they had not asked for it the first time. The officer asked why they did not use the visa the first time around. I had given them letters for covid and ds260 anticipating this, but they were able to verbalize and did not need to use the letters. Actual time spent with consular officer was 5-10 minutes.

Congratulations! So happy for you.
I too am in the same boat as you. We were unable to use our visa last year due to the pandemic.

I wanted to know
1) how you got a new appointment for reissuing the visa?
2) where did you upload the new medical reports? If you did.
3) our ds 260 also only has minor changes since we submitted last year, like address change. Did you carry/submit/fill a new ds 260 or not?
Any update regarding your case? Did you get appointment to reissue ir5?

dec4, 2019 issued, expired may 2020.I don;t think the embassy is driving priority...you just schedule when a spot opens up
Hi @ppreethi , Congratulations to you on getting your parents visa again.
My case is exactly same like yours. My parents received their immigration visa on Dec 4th, 2019 and it expired in May 2020. They couldn't travel to the US due to the pandemic.

I need your help as you know its not easy to get a straight forward response from the embassy. Here are my questions:

1. How should we get the consulate appointment for our parents? US Embassy email as well as call center rep says that the embassy will contact you to schedule the appointment. I am not sure when will they contact us for expired visa.
2. For medical exam, we had shown DS 260 confirmation page 2 years ago. Should my parents show the same DS260 confirmation page this time also? We have a change in address in US. Does this mean we have to fill a new DS 260?
3. Last time I paid DS260 fee at NVC and NVC scheduled the appointment. So, now my parents can just pay at the embassy. Right?
4. Do they have to get the PCC also done? They got it done in 2019.

Thanks so much in advance. Looking forward to your reply.

My case is exactly same like yours. My parents received their immigration visa on Dec 4th, 2019 and it expired in May 2020. They couldn't travel to the US due to the pandemic.

I need your help as you know its not easy to get a straight forward response from the embassy. Here are my questions:

1. How should we get the consulate appointment for our parents? US Embassy email as well as call center rep says that the embassy will contact you to schedule the appointment. I am not sure when will they contact us for expired visa.
2. For medical exam, we had shown DS 260 confirmation page 2 years ago. Should my parents show the same DS260 confirmation page this time also? We have a change in address in US. Does this mean we have to fill a new DS 260?
3. Last time I paid DS260 fee at NVC and NVC scheduled the appointment. So, now my parents can just pay at the embassy. Right?

Attachments

• Screenshot (38).png
    Screenshot (38).png
    35.8 KB · Views: 18
The thing is i have witnessed around 10-15 reissuance process and none of them got any letter from consulate. They directly scheduled an appointment. Now consulate is asking to wait for letter so its very confusing because none of those 15 applicants received any sort of communication from consulate.

The thing is i have witnessed around 10-15 reissuance process and none of them got any letter from consulate. They directly scheduled an appointment. Now consulate is asking to wait for letter so its very confusing because none of those 15 applicants received any sort of communication from consulate.
If it is necessary to get it earlier and not a huge deal in terms of travel to Mumbai/Delhi, then go ahead and schedule it. Worst case they'll cancel ahead/deny entry at Consulate.

1A. Embassy did not contact us. I checked ustraveldocs and rescheduled when the category for expired visa opened up.
2A. For medical, the confirmation was the old DS260, but the hospital needed the new appointment letter.
3A. Yes, my parents paid cash.
4A. They did, unsure if the rule changed to 2 yr validity for PCC. This time around it took 2 weeks to get the letter.