Passport question

mase561

My father broke up with my mother when I was born and it was decided he would have full custody of me, he came with me from haiti in 1984 and we have never seen her since

Anyway, my father became naturalized in 1993 and now im having issues renewing my license

After researching this forum, I submitted my n600 application, and sent in documentation for a passport

I attached

1. My fathers naturalization certifcate
  2. My expired license
  3. My expired green card
  4. My social security card
  5. A copy of my haitian birth certificate
  6. A copy of my notarized haitian birth certificate (used a online service)

The passport agency emailed me 30 minutes ago and attached this

Attachments

• Hx9z6w9.png
    Hx9z6w9.png
    152.3 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
what documentation would they need to prove he had custody of me, would a high school transcript suffice ?

Last edited:
what documentation would they need to prove he had custody of me, would a high school transcript suffice ?

It has to be legal custody, hence the request in the letter for a custody order. A high school transcript would prove physical custody but not legal.

OP - I don’t have any guidance to provide as to how to prove your father had legal custody of you as a minor.

I just wanted to add this is precisely why I always advocate for parents to go the extra mile of getting citizenship certificates for their minor kids who derived citizenship from them. This is a perfect example of hindsight is golden indeed.

This is a little off-topic, but regarding renewing your license, if you don't manage to prove your citizenship (or if it turns out you don't have citizenship), you could renew your green card by filing I-90 (and getting an I-551 stamp for proof of permanent residency while the I-90 is pending), allowing you to renew your license.

This is a little off-topic, but regarding renewing your license, if you don't manage to prove your citizenship (or if it turns out you don't have citizenship), you could renew your green card by filing I-90 (and getting an I-551 stamp for proof of permanent residency while the I-90 is pending), allowing you to renew your license.

after further research, i noticed that there is no expiration date on my alien card (PRINTED 11/23/1985), i took it to the florida dmv, with my social security card, and my expired license this morning (11/13/19), and told them i am not a citizen and currently gathering documentation to become a citizen, and they gave me a new license in 5 minutes.

the clerk in the booth next to the clerk helping me, did suggest i get a new green card since the one i had was so old, and my response was why should i, mines doesnt expire.

pretty surreal, ive been driving with a expired license for over a year.

i will be consulting a lawyer regarding the passport and the n600 form ive already submitted on friday

Hello mom, thank you very much for the quick response. Let me highlight my case. I am DV 2021 selectee, i lost my passport after filling DS 260. Now i got a new passport( with new passport no, issue date n expiry date), with my request, the officials mentioned my previous passport's number on my new passport. I dont have a picture or photocopy of my lost passport. can this affect my case? Thank you in advance!!
p.s, yes, i filed police certificate for all my lost docs mentioned in my previous question. Thanks again.

Hello mom, thank you very much for the quick response. Let me highlight my case. I am DV 2021 selectee, i lost my passport after filling DS 260. Now i got a new passport( with new passport no, issue date n expiry date), with my request, the officials mentioned my previous passport's number on my new passport. I dont have a picture or photocopy of my lost passport. can this affect my case? Thank you in advance!!
p.s, yes, i filed police certificate for all my lost docs mentioned in my previous question. Thanks again.

Please post your question, especially since it is a follow up question, on the applicable thread in the Visa Lottery forum - you can’t post on just any thread in any sub forum and assume I’m able to tie the scattered posts together.

HiThere,
Is to have a USA passport for a child of US citizens through Naturlization prevent that child to apply for N-600 in the future? or children can apply for the N-600 any time later after they have their US passport?
thank you

HiThere,
Is to have a USA passport for a child of US citizens through Naturlization prevent that child to apply for N-600 in the future? or children can apply for the N-600 any time later after they have their US passport?
thank you
Sure, they can apply for a Certificate of Citizenship with N-600 at any time. But it's a big waste of money for a certificate that serves little purpose that their US passport does not already serve as.

Anyone know how long it takes to get the US passport with expedite service?
Is it possible to get certified copy from the Citizenship certificate to use instead of using the original?
How can I get name change n-662 extra copies? Thank you.

Thank you.
1- Passport processing timeline is clear.
2- I can not make appointment I don’t know why. Maybe because of Covid19? Any other ways?
3- it is not clear “ for me” so if the name change form lost, you can not get one? Is there other solutions if someone lost his name change paper? Thank you
I apologize about the typo mistakes.

Hi guys, I want to share experience here for first time passport. As some people worry about sending the original citizenship certificate. I called The USCIS for appointment (info pass). I prepared high quality colors ready from our citizenship certificates at Office Depot. The USCIS field office agreed to to seal them to be certified copies. So instead of send the originals, I sent the certified copies and it worked & approved our passport applications.
And also you can get name change certified copy from the same court We did the oath ceremony.
good luck for you all and thank you again.