2004 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

I received 3 more emails today (11/04/06) from CRIS for my 485. Last week saturday i received 3 emails for my wife 485. What is happening every saturday ? Would there be approvals next saturday :)

Ead renewal

We renewed the EAD for the 3 rd time BUt surprise is that they approved it in 8 days. That was something. AP is also being renewed But no news yet.

If only they processed the GC applications this fast.

what is I797 for 485

I know I797 is related to H1B visa. But when i check the status for my 485 thru phone it says something like this,
"On march 3 2004 we received your I485 application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status.
We sent you a notice on form 1797 that descibes how we will process your pending case, please follow any instructions that appear on I797. We will notify by mail if the office needs any information....."

What does I797 means here ?

The online status says,

Current Status:

Your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received on March 3, 2004. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the the link below for current processing dates

:confused:

I797 for me too

I got the same message when i checked yesterday, got LUD changes on 11/16, I havent received an i797 notice yet neither did my lawyer, also i havent received finger prints notice yet.

kkprasadh said:
I know I797 is related to H1B visa. But when i check the status for my 485 thru phone it says something like this,
"On march 3 2004 we received your I485 application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status.
We sent you a notice on form 1797 that descibes how we will process your pending case, please follow any instructions that appear on I797. We will notify by mail if the office needs any information....."

What does I797 means here ?

The online status says,

Current Status:

Your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received on March 3, 2004. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the the link below for current processing dates

:confused:

another update on my case

Last friday the message changed to the following, any idea whats going on here with my case?

Current Status: Case reopened or reconsidered based on USCIS determination, and the case is now pending.

We reopened this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS on March 14, 2005, and are now reviewing our earlier decision. We also mailed you a notice describing the next steps in the process. Please follow any instructions on this notice. Our review should be completed within 30 days. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service.

need_green_card said:
I got the same message when i checked yesterday, got LUD changes on 11/16, I havent received an i797 notice yet neither did my lawyer, also i havent received finger prints notice yet.

I-485 approved finally.....

I couldn't wait to post this.... After so much trouble and waiting, I finally got my I-485 approval notice. Its been a long way, but can't complain anymore. My case was stuck in security check for more than 2 years, probably due to my work experience in UAE. I wish all of you good luck....

Another RFE on I-140

Hello Gurus

They have issued the RFE on Jan 19th and after waiting for 2 weeks of not getting any notice from INS, my attorney has called INS and they have issued another RFE on Feb 1st. On Feb 14th again when my attorney called them, they said in fact it is for the DOL and she said it could be for the duplicate labor but the person from INS was not sure for what it is.

My quick question is if they issue RFE for the duplicate labor on DOL, would they update the case, or do they do internally?Do they issue I-797 form even to DOL??How to find out that howmuch time frame they had given DOL to respond back to INS? What my real big concern is if they have issued an RFE on us (instead of DOL) and if we do not respond in time, INS would deny my case, right?

What is the normal turn around time for DOL to respond back with a duplicate labor? Is issuing an RFE on DOL a normal practice? Since they have opened my I-485 on their own and sent a request to opne my wife's I-485 looks like a positive sign for me.

Please shed some light if any of you have gone through the same situation or in the same boat.

Thanks
Gopal
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
First I-140 approved in Apr 2001 and got laid off from the job even before filing I-485.

VSC EB2 India
PD Apr 2001 (Substitute Labor)
140 PD Feb 2004
485 ND May2004
Wife 485 ND Nov 2004
485 FP Mar 2005
Wife 485 FP Apr 2005
RFE on I-140 03/2005 (For original labor and ability to pay)
RFE Replied 06/2005
Case denied (140 and 2 485s )in Feb 2006 (stating that the original labor copy where abouts are not informed)
MTR in 15 Mar 2006
MTR re-opened in 23 Mar 2006
Filed 3rd EAD for renewal on 18th April 2006
Went to Phily office for Interim EAD in Aug last week since it is past 90 days - and was sent back stating that the 485 is still in closed state.
Got 3rd EAD approved 10/17/2006
140 Message - 2nd RFE (Still waiting for the exact copy of the RFE...)
I-485 - Got re-opened on USCIS motion on friday
Wife's 3rd EAD and AP got denied stating that I-485 is in closed state(Dec'06)
Wife I-485 - still in the denied state

i see another LUD today for my 485 / my wife 485 and 765, not sure what is going on ?
I did not renew my 765 this year as i still work on H1B. So did not understand what is the status change in 765.
My 140 is not approved till date ? what is going on ?

i see another LUD today for my 485 / my wife 485 and 765, not sure what is going on ?
I did not renew my 765 this year as i still work on H1B. So did not understand what is the status change in 765.
My 140 is not approved till date ? what is going on ?

BTW, another thing, i did not receive any automated email for this LUD

have any clue ?

I received a response like this from Congressman office, does anyone know what it means? is the name and date of birth check same as FBI name check ?

-------------------------------
Good afternoon,

I received a response from the Vermont Service Center earlier today and your case is still pending as it awaits the completion of the name and date of birth checks. As always, I will continue to follow up with USCIS and will keep you updated as to any progress that is made.

till now i use to receive a response like this,

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your e-mail. According to a response I received from the Vermont Service Center dated December 11, 2006, the security checks that are being conducted for your case remain pending. My liaison in Vermont was unable to give me any sort of timetable as to when these checks might be completed. I will continue to follow up with USCIS, and will certainly notify you of any progress.

I received a response like this from Congressman office, does anyone know what it means? is the name and date of birth check same as FBI name check ?

Good afternoon,

I received a response from the Vermont Service Center earlier today and your case is still pending as it awaits the completion of the name and date of birth checks. As always, I will continue to follow up with USCIS and will keep you updated as to any progress that is made.

till now i use to receive a response like this,

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your e-mail. According to a response I received from the Vermont Service Center dated December 11, 2006, the security checks that are being conducted for your case remain pending. My liaison in Vermont was unable to give me any sort of timetable as to when these checks might be completed. I will continue to follow up with USCIS, and will certainly notify you of any progress.

IMO, this is the infamous Name check.
To your earlier question, LUD change only does not generate an email. Email is generated when message is changed.

Calling Guru's - URGENT I-140 question

My brother's I-140 (premium) was sent to NSC two weeks back. Today they sent the papers back and asked us to submit with more papers. If I send them tomorrow (Friday - June 29), they will receive it on Monday July 2nd. That is the date they are suspending premium processing. Will they accept the papers since they are post marked before July?

Don't mean to break the flow of this thread but its really urgent and couldn't find better place than this where gurus are awaiting approvals.With this suddenly found euphoria of filing I-485, I am drawn into a situation where I need the right advice from you, gurus please help.

In process of filling out the form for AP, the part 7 section is asking for a letter of justification to why I am applying for AP. Have you guys written a letter and submitted along with the AP form???? If you guys have any sample or template, I would really appreciate if you can forward it to me or PM.

Status of my I-485

Hi folks,
I got 2 emails as stated below from USCIS about the status of my I-485,
I was wondering do i need to do any thing before or after I get the
permanent resident card?
I heard previously such as visit to police station or taking Info pass appointment etc etc. )

what is ADIT processing ??
I'll appreciate any insight what i need to do at this point wrt to GC ordeal.

Thanks in advance and good luck to you all,
-it_pro77

"Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

On August 28, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this
customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any
instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should
be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete
any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later..."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"Current Status: Card production ordered.
On August 27, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please
allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you."
-----------------------------------------------------------------

My info:
Labour filed: 02/2004, approved : 06/2004 (EB2-RIR, state NH ,
education: M.S , USA)
I-140 filed(VSC): 09/2004, approved : 02/2005
I-485 filed(VSC): 09/2004,
first finger print: 03/2005
case transferred to TSC in 03/2007, 2nd finger printed: 08/03/2007
approved : 08/27/2007

RFE on my case :(

It has been 4 years - my attorney just called and told me that he spoke to someone at Vermont and the lady said the IO has put a RFE note in my case. She wouldn't tell what it is and dont know when it will be sent. Apparently there is a big backlog at the clerk desk who types the notice to send to people. Unbelievable how they work ??? :eek::eek:

Multinational executive EB1 category seeks info

Respected Gurus,

TSC
I am a Multinational Executive from India under EB1 category.
I recently have taken Biometrics under code 3.
My EAD & AP is still Pending alongwith I-485.
My Priority date is current in April 08 bulletin.

My querry is :

Will there be any Interview under my category?
How can I check the Immigration VISA number being issued to me or not?
How long the NC will take?
In nutshell How long will it take to be a GREEN CARD HOLDER?

Please enlighten me with the light of information and remove my darkness of ignorance. Thats the DUTIES of GURUS

FINALLY FINALLY - I140 is approved
Dont know how long the 485 will take
My PD is March 2000
the transfer notice says - notice date 09/10/08
how will they process my case - do they wait to process all the 485 recd till september before they open my case even though my PD is before the other cases ?
please help - thanks