• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

August visa bulletin the final.

Look Simon
I had success in putting on an avatar (I'm not sure that my English is correct :confused:)

Haha - nice selfie!

I would normally say things like "age is just a number" and "you aren't old, you are wise". BUT in this case, judging by the selfie - you are indeed way old! ;)

You don't send those docs, you take them to the interview.

Regarding education, yes you are running a risk of denial. Some COs have been known to only look at a degree certificate, others have been known to ask for the HS diploma/proof. So, what you need to do is prepare a case based on work experience.

Work experience needs t be at an appropriate level for at least 2 years out of the last 5. The job must be On the onet database as Jobzone 4 or 5 at an SVP of 7 or higher. So - what experience do you have? Feel free to reply by pm if you prefer.
Hi Britsimon, thank you for your reply. I use to be Training & Technical Manager in Automotive Vehicle Inspection in a international well known corporate. From Oct 2009 till Dec 2012. So I thing is enough to be qualified yup? I'm Mechanical Engineer. Here is written the info for education qualification "
Required documents from each Diversity Visa applicant
1. HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA and a photocopy of it; if applicable the College Diploma, and its photocopy. This applies to the principal applicant only."

In my local language format, College Diploma is written University Degree.

Hi Britsimon, thank you for your reply. I use to be Training & Technical Manager in Automotive Vehicle Inspection in a international well known corporate. From Oct 2009 till Dec 2012. So I thing is enough to be qualified yup? I'm Mechanical Engineer. Here is written the info for education qualification "
Required documents from each Diversity Visa applicant
1. HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA and a photocopy of it; if applicable the College Diploma, and its photocopy. This applies to the principal applicant only."

In my local language format, College Diploma is written University Degree.

OK, the required documents listing doesn't really describe what is the qualification needed - but even with that, you can see the high school diploma is required (and then college diploma if applicable).

Regarding your job - as a mechanical engineer you can probably make a case. based on your work experience. If you look at the link below you can see that MEs can claim to be at the job zone and SVP level required, and your experience from 2009 to 2012 is probably enough. It is harder to make the case around work experience so you have to do careful preparation. Have a read of the link below and I will look for an account that was written by someone who successfully qualified on work experience. If I were you, I would go to the interview prepared to argue both cases (education and work experience).

http://www.onetonline.org/link/summary/17-2141.00#JobZone

What do you mean with "you can probably make a case"??? What should I do? Is a procedure or something or just a piece of paper from employer?

It isn't going to be a black and white thing. With education you either meet the standard or not. With work experience you have to convince the CO that your experience is of the correct type and at the correct level for the correct duration that meets the standard. It is up to you to convince them BUT their decision is final. If you fail to convince them, there is no right of appeal.

So - yes you will need a letter from the employer along with any other proof of your experience. You will need to show how your experience matches that as described on the link I gave you (or another job if you feel that is a better match).

The link I provided explains how that couple did it - the point being they were very well prepared.

Approximately 140,660 applicants have been registered and notified and may now make an application for an immigrant visa. Since it is likely that some of the first *50,000 persons registered will not pursue their cases to visa issuance, this larger figure should insure that all DV-2014 numbers will be used during fiscal year 2014 (October 1, 2013 until September 30, 2014).
Supreme my friend;
If nepal has as much fall-out as the entire global 140k selected. Than you won't be in trouble, but my self I calculated 20% second-holes for nepal which makes it 4800 selectees runing for a visas.
So IMO and its only a guess I might be wrong and I hope so...
About 800 including families members will be left out...

Approximately 140,660 applicants have been registered and notified and may now make an application for an immigrant visa. Since it is likely that some of the first *50,000 persons registered will not pursue their cases to visa issuance, this larger figure should insure that all DV-2014 numbers will be used during fiscal year 2014 (October 1, 2013 until September 30, 2014).
Supreme my friend;
If nepal has as much fall-out as the entire global 140k selected. Than you won't be in trouble, but my self I calculated 20% second-holes for nepal which makes it 4800 selectees runing for a visas.
So IMO and its only a guess I might be wrong and I hope so...
About 800 including families members will be left out...

2nd holes can be predicted by region and by country. I did that before and noticed that Nepal has incredibly high response rate, and also very high approval rate. Nepal will hit the 7% limit - for sure.

2nd holes can be predicted by region and by country. I did that before and noticed that Nepal has incredibly high response rate, and also very high approval rate. Nepal will hit the 7% limit - for sure.
The other nepalese friends on the old forum do not accept it and its understandable:(
I hear now, that only 700 cases ''icluding'' are left on the pipeline after 8900 cut-off!
Would be nice, but hard to believe...

That sounds exactly right. We think Nepal goes up to about 10.5k and there should be about 400 cases per 1000. So the 700 makes perfect sense.

That sounds exactly right. We think Nepal goes up to about 10.5k and there should be about 400 cases per 1000. So the 700 makes perfect sense.

Look simon :

2013 nepal had 4370 selectees, result = 3316 visas issued.
Now 2014 nepal 6000 selectees .....!

Look simon :

2013 nepal had 4370 selectees, result = 3316 visas issued.
Now 2014 nepal 6000 selectees .....!

Yes I know. That means that they converted 75% of selectees into visas. That is due to the exceptionally high response rate and success rate I mentioned earlier. Unless there is a reason to think their interest or ability to qualify will be different this year, then the demand will be the same. They would need 4500 visas....

Yes I know. That means that they converted 75% of selectees into visas. That is due to the exceptionally high response rate and success rate I mentioned earlier. Unless there is a reason to think their interest or ability to qualify will be different this year, then the demand will be the same. They would need 4500 visas....

I used various calculations 2013 rate or 2014 rate ...
And all of them leads to same result +- 700 will lose-out.
I give up !

I used various calculations 2013 rate or 2014 rate ...
And all of them leads to same result +- 700 will lose-out.
I give up !

I know. It is horrific - but I can't see any other possibility.

By the way, in most countries, 6000 selectees won't get close to the 7% limit. Nepal will be a victim of its own success.