landing experience

mystatus123 said:
THANKS ALOT AIR_CANADA.
How can I confirm that my Medicals are reached Canadian consulate and How to know that I am passed the Medicals?

Simple - Call your doctor's office and ask these questions
- Was my Medical OK ? Any issues ? How did the X ray come ?
- Ask for FEDEX tracking #

and track it on the web

there is no other way to find out anything else at this stage. your medical will show up on CIC web tracking only after they have mailed you your passport request.

keep track of your case on www.yogi799.com

I called the doctor

air_canada said:
Simple - Call your doctor's office and ask these questions
- Was my Medical OK ? Any issues ? How did the X ray come ?
- Ask for FEDEX tracking #

and track it on the web

there is no other way to find out anything else at this stage. your medical will show up on CIC web tracking only after they have mailed you your passport request.

keep track of your case on www.yogi799.com

Air_Canada -

I called the doctor and they said that they sent the medicals already sent in the end of March. But they did not said anything whether Medicals are OK or NOT. They just said that it is confidential and Canada consulate will contact me. Is there any other way to find the status of Medicals?

mystatus123 said:
Air_Canada -

I called the doctor and they said that they sent the medicals already sent in the end of March. But they did not said anything whether Medicals are OK or NOT. They just said that it is confidential and Canada consulate will contact me. Is there any other way to find the status of Medicals?

If you do not know of any illness or long term problem yourself than your medical reports are 99% clean . rest assured .

some people ask for CAIPS notes to get details of their case progress by paying certain fees - but i have no idea how that will help or will reveal more about your medicals at this stage. they may not open your medicals till your case is ready to be finalised.

I may be wrong but I understand as per US healthcare norms if you are affected by some of the vital disease, physician needs to inform the patient and govt. official to prevent the spread of the disease. I will go by "If you do not know of any illness or long term problem yourself than your medical reports are 99% clean". So no news is good news.

Landed on 5/27th thru Port Huron/Sarnia Blue water Bridge without any issues, will post the details shortly..

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi ,

I am planning to go for landing to canada . can anyone please tell me on these things

1- Is there any public transportation available from Seattle to Vancouver.

2- If I rent a car then what are the questions the canadian official might ask me as I will be coming back after applying SIN.

3- Is it okay to just go with the credit card or do i have to show them any proof of fund .

thanks in advance.

freebird140 said:
Hi ,

I am planning to go for landing to canada . can anyone please tell me on these things

1- Is there any public transportation available from Seattle to Vancouver.

2- If I rent a car then what are the questions the canadian official might ask me as I will be coming back after applying SIN.

3- Is it okay to just go with the credit card or do i have to show them any proof of fund .

thanks in advance.

1. I do nt think there is any public transport is available - you can however get some ferries from seattle and port angeles ( near tacoma ) - best is drive your own car ( if you have one ) and do not waste time and money on rental and public transports

2. No questions asked if you drive your own or rent a car - you 'll be only asked if you are " importing " any cars at this time.

There is big difference between "driving " and "importing" - If you are "driving" a US # plate car , it belongs to US and it has to come back - yours or rental - does not matter to them.

** if and only if you are planning to " import " the car at this time , you'll have to produce the title in your name or NOC from the lending co. along with US Export certificate (issued by US Border authorities )

If you tell them that - this is your own car but do not want to "import" at this time - you 'll be asked to give car details in B4 Customs forms to facilitate duty free import later - If you dont do that - you 'll be charged duty when you import them later. you can , however sell that car in the US if you decide at a later date.

Also , you must provide B4A ( Goods to follow ) form with all your household stuff in duplicate to avoid customs duties later when you have to immigrate finally. you may again choose not to take all the stuff to canada.

google for these 2 forms on canadian customs web site and print them

Proof of Funds : is one of the prime requirement of your PR and it should be carried in form of a cashiers check in your name (preferably less than $10k Canadian to avoid decalaring on seperate form on both sides ) - Officer will ask this information and will note it down in your PR Papers

Also you can carry bank letter stating your balance in US a/c

Hello Air Canada

I have sent my medicals on nov 2005, and I did not hear from them till now, as you said earlier is it true that I have to land in Canada before nov 2006, because till now I did not get any confirmation. and also I have heard that you will get min of 6 months after you receive your pp stamped and landing papers.

Thanks!!

Landing in Port Huron/Sarnia Blue water bridge

Hello friends, it is my turn to post my landing experience. Thanks to this forum and all who are helping everyone.

We (wife, me and son) are from Minneapolis and initially thought of going to Detroit but last minute I changed my mind to go to Port Huron/ Sarnia border after reading about Detroit landing postings.

We reached on 5/26 night and stayed at Port Huron. 5/27 morning we had nice breakfast and left the hotel at 9 am

Canada
• 9.15 we crossed the blue water bridge after paying the 1.50$ toll
• At the Gate, we gave our passports and the officer asked the following questions;
o Purpose of the trip? we are here for landing
o How many people in the car? Three including me
o Is this your own car? No, it is rental
o What is your status in USA? H1
o When was your last trip to Canada? This is our first trip
• She noted all the info on the yellow slip and asked us to go to immigration building
We parked our car and went inside, We gave our passports and landing papers. We didn’t give the I-94. Then she started asking the following questions;
• Where is the white slip? I-94? I gave her, that was expired one,
• So, you completed in USA? I said we completed 6 yrs and my company extended my H1. She was not happy.
• What! Extended? I said yes, but I am going to go back and come back in few months and move permanently.
• Where is the H1 Extn? I gave her my H1 extn. That is valid till 2008 Dec.
• So you are going back? Not moving till 2008? How many days you are going to stay here? For a week? I said we are going to stay here for few days and go back and move permanently in few months.
• Funds? I had 2 cashiers check (5K) one on my name other one on my wife's name
• She was not happy and said there is an issue for you. Do you know the Canada permanent residence rule? The days you are out of Canada that won’t be counted towards permanent residency when you apply for a citizenship? I said yes, I know, my wife is on H4 she can’t work, I will wind up everything in few months and will move permanently.
She didn’t say anything, just nodding her head and started typing on the computer. After few minutes, she asked the address where I am going to stay, I memorized the address and told her without seeing anywhere, and then she asked me C/O. I told my friends name. She filled out the form, she checked the box PERMANENT RESIDENT and wrote moving as of today.

Then she asked us to go and see the customs. There they didn’t ask much, she was I think trainee. Asked the following;
• Yellow slip?
• List of items you are taking in today? We don’t have any but we were carrying Camcorder, portable DVD player, Digital camera, she noted everything.
• Are you driving your own car? I said no, we will be get it later. She asked the model, VIN #. I told her the model only, didn’t give her the VIN #
• Goods to follow list? I gave her the one which I prepared. She was looking for the car and value.
• Then she stamped and gave me a copy.

That’s it we gave the yellow slip to the officer waiting at the parking area, then we proceeded to Canada.

USA
After paying toll 2.50$ we were at the US side, we gave the passport with I-94, then he started asking the following questions;
• How long you were in Canada? I said we went in the morning to complete the landing process, we are going back now.
• Where are you going? Going to MN
• I-94 was expired and I gave the H1 extn

He looked at the I-94 & H1, gave us the yellow slip then asked us to go to immigration building. Went inside and she gave us the new i-94 after taking pic and index finger print.

Good Luck to every one.. Please let me know if you have any specific questions.

prman said:
I have sent my medicals on nov 2005, and I did not hear from them till now, as you said earlier is it true that I have to land in Canada before nov 2006, because till now I did not get any confirmation. and also I have heard that you will get min of 6 months after you receive your pp stamped and landing papers.

Thanks!!

I can almost gaurantee that your expiry date on paspsort will be the date you did your medicals (nov 2006 ) and your papers will arrive 90-60 days before this date.

No , you 'll not get any more time beyond this expiry date once you get your passports and landing papers in hand.

If they fail to send your COPR and and visas on time , be prepared to cough up $$$ for another round of medicals - because medicals are valid only for a year. Thats the reason CIC ensures that you get everything on time.

air_canada said:
I can almost gaurantee that your expiry date on paspsort will be the date you did your medicals (nov 2006 ) and your papers will arrive 90-60 days before this date.

No , you 'll not get any more time beyond this expiry date once you get your passports and landing papers in hand.

If they fail to send your COPR and and visas on time , be prepared to cough up $$$ for another round of medicals - because medicals are valid only for a year. Thats the reason CIC ensures that you get everything on time.

Thanks for the clarification!

Hi All,

I am planning to go for landing to Vancouver and currently i do not have a friend or well wisher there whose address I can use . So I was wondering if anyone can provide few info or assistance .

thanks in advance.

Expired F-1 visa and landing in canada Need Help

COULD U please tell me about your I-94 card that you gave to officer did she return that i-94 card

I am landing in canada in JUly on U.s Expired f-1 visa but have legal stutus please tell me what to tell officer and I-94 card

or what is hassle free border for expired visa holder

Thanks
bye

Is it through SSM?

HI JKVAISNAVI,

Port huran and Sarnia border is it through sault sainte Marie border ? and another question do you have 485 PENDING ? because I am seeing lot of posting that if you have pending GC in USA ( MEANS PENDING 485 ) , you should not land in canada.

faith123 said:
HI JKVAISNAVI,

Port huran and Sarnia border is it through sault sainte Marie border ? and another question do you have 485 PENDING ? because I am seeing lot of posting that if you have pending GC in USA ( MEANS PENDING 485 ) , you should not land in canada.

Hi, I crossed thru the BLUE Water bridge via 69.. Yes both of our 485s are pending. I have a 3 yrs H1 extn and i used that I-94 to enter. I was not aware of that. Can you send me the link from where you read that?

I know many folks landed with 485 pending and used Advance parole to enter into usa..

Good Luck

faith

No SSM is a different border crossing . Sarnia Port Huron is only an hr north of Detroit. I too have heard of issues in the Landing thread with I-485 pending. It sometimes comes down to who you get on the border.

If you search in the Landing thread or Tracker thread you will find these posts.

Friends,
I am a little confused regarding the customs forms I need to carry while landing
in Canada and would really appreciate any help in this regard. I am planning[
on flying to Vancouver and coming back the next day. I will be taking only a
few clothes with me. So here are the questions:

1. Form B4....is this required?
2. Form B4A.....is this required?
3. I understand a "goods to follow" list (2 copies) and "goods in possession"
list (2 copies), probably in an excel sheet
with the item name, value and miscellaneous details needs to be provided.
If this is the case, what goes into the B4 and B4A forms?

Can some one please elaborate? Thanks!!

santex24 said:
Friends,
I am a little confused regarding the customs forms I need to carry while landing
in Canada and would really appreciate any help in this regard. I am planning[
on flying to Vancouver and coming back the next day. I will be taking only a
few clothes with me. So here are the questions:

1. Form B4....is this required?
2. Form B4A.....is this required?
3. I understand a "goods to follow" list (2 copies) and "goods in possession"
list (2 copies), probably in an excel sheet
with the item name, value and miscellaneous details needs to be provided.
If this is the case, what goes into the B4 and B4A forms?

Can some one please elaborate? Thanks!!

B4 is form for your "goods in possession" and since you are only carrying clothes means you are not "importing" anything at this time and will have 100% items on B4A ( Goods to follow ).

However , even though you are not importing cars at this time and may plan to do later , you 'll have to fill in VIN # on B4 Form because thats the only place in 2 forms where you can write about them. Leave the remaining form blank except address , name etc.

you 'll not be able to find writable / editable B4/B4A pdf forms on Canadian Customs web sites . Try using adobe writer software ( infact adobe photoshop also works well ) to type and print your data instead of excel.

make 2 copies of each
also at the end you have to calculate the gross amount.

if you handover excel sheets , customs offier will start copying / may ask you to copy these items on B4/B4A forms - so save each others time by producing printouts on proper forms.

Funds Question

Guys,

Please answer the following 3 questions. Your help will be really appreciated.

1) I will be landing in July. I want to show 5-6 k USD in stocks and rest as 401 K. I am not planning on taking any cashiers check. Do you guys see any problem showing 401K?

2) I will take my personal car and later on i can cancell it from the list if i sell it before moving finally to canada. Any issues here?

3) I will be using AVR, however my wife will apply for H4. Is there any probelm if she does not handover her I-94 at the border. Just incase if we change our mind at the last minute for stamping the visa?

Thanks
Asif

1) I will be landing in July. I want to show 5-6 k USD in stocks and rest as 401 K. I am not planning on taking any cashiers check. Do you guys see any problem showing 401K?

-- I think they require checks - I am not experienced in this, but I know some people were specifically asked for this. So it is safer to carry the certified checks.

2) I will take my personal car and later on i can cancell it from the list if i sell it before moving finally to canada. Any issues here?

-- No issues.

3) I will be using AVR, however my wife will apply for H4. Is there any probelm if she does not handover her I-94 at the border. Just incase if we change our mind at the last minute for stamping the visa?

-- In fact, DO NOT surrender the I-94 at the border at any cost. They do not ask for it anyways. But even if they do, there is no problem if you tell them that you need it since you want to re-enter the U.S.