Waiting Asylum decision

She wasn’t out of status, I don’t know what’s main office and what’s not, she had an interview NJ office I believe.
It’s believed that decision may take longer for those who are still in a valid status and their interview took place in a field office (not one of the 8 main offices in the US)

Do you guys have an idea if being a male or female makes any difference in terms of the time a decision may take?

Hi everyone, I just want to give you update that I have received approval letter together with stamped i94 last week.
I filed the asylum application in 2016, interview in Feb 2022 (after 3x expedite requests) and finally got approved early 2023.
It was long waiting time, almost 7 year.
I would like to say thank you for everyone, you guys been helping a lot by sharing and I feel there’s always hope.
I wish you all good luck!

Hi everyone, I just want to give you update that I have received approval letter together with stamped i94 last week.
I filed the asylum application in 2016, interview in Feb 2022 (after 3x expedite requests) and finally got approved early 2023.
I would like to say thank you for everyone, you guys been helping a lot by sharing and I feel there’s always hope.
Congratulations! Which office? Are you out of status?

Congratulations! Which office? Are you out of status?
Thank you! It’s SF office.
I’m sorry I’m still having hard time to understand if I was out of status or not when apply.
I came with B1/B2 visa and received asylum application dated 8 months later after my arrival.

I’m sorry I’m still having hard time to understand if I was out of status or not when apply.
I came with B1/B2 visa and received asylum application dated 8 months later after my arrival.
Thanks my friend for the reply! Congratulations again!

Thanks my friend for the reply! Congratulations again!
Did you happen to inquire about your decision in the past months? Or tried to expedite your decision in any way? Have you requested FOIA? If so, what range of information you received?
Did you happen to inquire about your decision in the past months? Or tried to expedite your decision in any way? Have you requested FOIA? If so, what range of information you received?

My interview has been done at Newark Nov 2021. Still Waiting for result. I just submitted FOIA request for Interview Que Ans on Jan-3-2022 and got PDF copy online at Jan-09-2022. Everything was mentioned as we did at interview. But not any result remarks included. lol

My interview has been done at Newark Nov 2021. Still Waiting for result. I just submitted FOIA request for Interview Que Ans on Jan-3-2022 and got PDF copy online at Jan-09-2022. Everything was mentioned as we did at interview. But not any result remarks included. lol
Let’s hope we hear some good news soon! Waiting for that decision is sooooo painful!

Last edited:
Do you think after FOIA request they send decision soon ? I only applied for Interview details. Is there any other way to get decision quickly ?
I have no idea my friend. I was interviewed in Aug last year but have not inquired about the decision and haven't requested FOIA yet. Just hoping......

Congrats

That was quick response for FOIA. Did you mention Alien file or what in option ?