Waiting Asylum decision

Hi guys
We received an email from the USCIS that they scheduled an interview for my fiance after five years. We did not receive a letter yet.
My question is; Do you know what day the interview will be after this update?
I asked this question because our engagement is on September 30th. Our concern is that the interview should be on the same day

Thank you so much
Usually they send letters one months before the interview. My letter arrived on October 26th and my interview was on November 24th

Ok, guys
So I called asylum office two weeks ago and they said they made a decision on my case. AO told me on the phone that in one week I should receive my letter. Two weeks later, nothing.
I still can see my travel history
Nothing on EOIR
Case status still “decision is pending”

Any thoughts?

Ok, guys
So I called asylum office two weeks ago and they said they made a decision on my case. AO told me on the phone that in one week I should receive my letter. Two weeks later, nothing.
Nothing on EOIR

Any thoughts?
IMO, you should give it few days...

Ok, guys
Nothing on EOIR

Any thoughts?
Even after they change to decision mailed it take two weeks to receive decision.

Ok, guys
Nothing on EOIR

Any thoughts?
Hi, I try to many times Chicago office about my decision pending, and the receipt always telling me that they can’t check my decision and if I want to know my decision I have to write a letter requesting update. How did you do that and what did you ask them to tell you about your decision ? Thank you

Ok, guys
Nothing on EOIR

Any thoughts?
Hi, as you said your travel history didn't disappear. So, did you apply for EAD?
As some people said that the travel history disappeared when you submitted the application of EAD.
Thanks.

Hi, as you said your travel history didn't disappear. So, did you apply for EAD?
As some people said that the travel history disappeared when you submitted the application of EAD.
Thanks.
I think EAD got nothing to do with travel history.
I think when AO makes decision then they update i94 and i think thats when travel history disappears.
But in my case status is showing application is pending and i applied Ead 29 days ago and my travel history disappeared but i94 still showing.
Dont know why?

So guys today morning I received message of decision was mailed ( it is on weekends I suppose) in the evening I got message frees were waived, let me know if you have any questions, I will share it from my experience, good luck for everyone. For me It is was a little known that if you able to add your case and your asylum receipt number Coincide with your EAD number it it approval

Last edited:
So guys today morning I received message of decision was mailed ( it is on weekends I suppose) in the evening I got message frees were waived, let me know if you have any questions, I will share it from my experience, good luck for everyone. For me It is was a little known that if you able to add your case and your asylum receipt number Coincide with your EAD number it it approval
Thank you for updating us.

Did you file an inquiry with a congressman/congresswoman? & did you file for mandamus to get your decision?

I hope that you receive your approval!

Please can you explain what it means “if you able to add your case and your asylum receipt number Coincide with your EAD number it it approval”

Thanks

Thank you for updating us.

Did you file an inquiry with a congressman/congresswoman? & did you file for mandamus to get your decision?

I hope that you receive your approval!
Yes filed congressman inquiry, I received action- decision on follow up inquiry( after ~100 days), I planned after congressman inquiry first file with ombudsman then mandamus, but it was resolved on congressman stage

Last edited:
Please can you explain what it means “if you able to add your case and your asylum receipt number Coincide with your EAD number it it approval”

Thanks
Method 1:
If you don't have a USCIS Account, sign up for one here https://my.uscis.gov/authenticate/saml/sign_up
After signing up or if you already have a USCIS account, sign in at https://my.uscis.gov/authenticate/saml/init
Go to My account > Add a paper-filed case (https://my.uscis.gov/account/onboarding/track/new)
Add in your receipt number and click Add case.

If it works: it should show you a page with "Your cases" and a case titled "I-765 Application for Employment Authorization". That means you got approved!

So you will be able to add asylum receipt number to your uscis account(usually it shows no case found), and asylum receipt number will be shown like EAD application number(automatically filed), so they will be same, and later you will see fees were waived message for your automatic EAD application

Last edited:
As you see here I 765 application for EAD (which they will issue automatically) is the same as your asylum receipt number for example ZAR…
This information will help you first day when you see decision was mailed, later you will see fees were waived

Attachments

• 167B18B1-E364-4EA9-81CD-D0ED78D7C76B.jpeg
    167B18B1-E364-4EA9-81CD-D0ED78D7C76B.jpeg
    340.6 KB · Views: 53
Hi, I try to many times Chicago office about my decision pending, and the receipt always telling me that they can’t check my decision and if I want to know my decision I have to write a letter requesting update. How did you do that and what did you ask them to tell you about your decision ? Thank you
You can send an email!

As you see here I 765 application for EAD (which they will issue automatically) is the same as your asylum receipt number for example ZAR…
This information will help you first day when you see decision was mailed, later you will see fees were waived
Thanks for explaining, unfortunately I can’t add asylum case to my acc , it shows case not found.

Thanks for explaining, unfortunately I can’t add asylum case to my acc , it shows case not found.
These methods only work if your status is "Decision was Mailed"

Another note: These methods can only tell you if you were approved, not if you were denied.