• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 OC Selectees

Hi everyone- thank you to everyone in this forum. I would never have gotten my green card had it not been for all the information in this forum.

My experience was fairly similar to everyone in this forum. The only additional information I would add-
1. My medical was at Epsworth. They asked me at least three times if I had a DUI or criminal history. When I collected the documentation the next day, they got me to initial a section saying that I did not have a DUI or criminal history.
2. My interview was scheduled for 8am Aug 1st. I was there at 745- but didn't get called to go in until about 10am. When I went in, the room was full with people. I waited at least another 30 mins before I went to the window to pay the fee, then had to sit back down at wait. I waited another 30 minutes to be called to another window. The place is not a very private place (everyone can hear your situation lol). I broke up with my spouse (who was supposed to be at the interview), so they asked about that. They also asked about my child (donated sperm to a lesbian couple)- which everyone heard about lol. I also didn't have my high school certificate (I had my bachelors and masters degree certificate which they accepted). I asked if I could have the passport back the next day, but they said there was no way they could do it within 24 hours. They said the quickest they could do it was by 2pm on Wed (but no guarantees). When I returned at 2pm on Wed it had been completed and I collected my passport.

Thank you once again!

Hi all, I had my interview on 4 August at the London Embassy - was super easy. I was "rejected" as my medical hadn't been received by the Embassy at the time of the interview, despite my medical being on 29 July and VisaMedicals having sent over the results on 3 August. Should I email the US embassy on Monday? Or chill out and let them do their thing? Not sure if it's normal/sent via snail mail. Thanks!

Hi all, I had my interview on 4 August at the London Embassy - was super easy. I was "rejected" as my medical hadn't been received by the Embassy at the time of the interview, despite my medical being on 29 July and VisaMedicals having sent over the results on 3 August. Should I email the US embassy on Monday? Or chill out and let them do their thing? Not sure if it's normal/sent via snail mail. Thanks!
Even assuming it was couriered same day, if it’s a physical packet, very ambitious to expect the medical to be on the CO’s desk ready for interview the day after the embassy mailroom receIves it. Of course it could be snail mail and not even be there yet. Then bear in mind that in all likelihood it is going to go into the CO’s in-tray, along with all the other medicals and late submissions of whatever documents and it could take the CO a couple of days or a few days or a week or two weeks to get to it, depending on the height of the pile in the inbox. I’d give it at least a week before following up again with them.

Did anyone from Aus/NZ have to show bank statements ect at the interview in Suva? Is just the balance of your account sufficient? And will they care if you recently had a large sum transferred into your account to cover the amount that is required to show you can financially support yourself?

Did anyone from Aus/NZ have to show bank statements ect at the interview in Suva? Is just the balance of your account sufficient? And will they care if you recently had a large sum transferred into your account to cover the amount that is required to show you can financially support yourself?
As far as Im aware none of the Aussies that went were asked anything about finances. And I wasn't :) I took my transactions for the last 12 months and my current total balance though but wasn't required to show it

As far as Im aware none of the Aussies that went were asked anything about finances. And I wasn't :) I took my transactions for the last 12 months and my current total balance though but wasn't required to show it
I wasn't asked about finances. They asked me what type of work I planned on doing in the US- but that was about it.

Just got my visa to Fiji for an interview on 1st September.
What travel insurance is needed for Fiji? Anyone have booked it before?

Just got my visa to Fiji for an interview on 1st September.
What travel insurance is needed for Fiji? Anyone have booked it before?

You need travel insurance that covers COVID-19 medical expenses. They asked to see this when I checked in at Sydney, I booked through Tick Travel Insurance

Last edited:
Thanks all for the advice regarding the medical check before. I feel so stressed trying to make sure everything is perfect for this interview. I know it SHOULD be a fairly simple interview, but any time some little uncertainty comes up, it just blows up in my mind as something that will get us put into AP or just refused. haha.... *sweats*

For the AFP Police certificate, I've looked through the requirements on the reciprocity and civil documents by country site for Australia.
It mentions that certificates based on fingerprints are preferred... Then lists the details for applying online, however in doing this it doesn't give any option for requiring fingerprints.
It seems that to get the fingerprints the hardcopy form is required.

Did everyone just go with the online form? Or go the fingerprinting route.

Thanks all for the advice regarding the medical check before. I feel so stressed trying to make sure everything is perfect for this interview. I know it SHOULD be a fairly simple interview, but any time some little uncertainty comes up, it just blows up in my mind as something that will get us put into AP or just refused. haha.... *sweats*

For the AFP Police certificate, I've looked through the requirements on the reciprocity and civil documents by country site for Australia.
It mentions that certificates based on fingerprints are preferred... Then lists the details for applying online, however in doing this it doesn't give any option for requiring fingerprints.
It seems that to get the fingerprints the hardcopy form is required.

Did everyone just go with the online form? Or go the fingerprinting route.
No need for fingerprints. Just make sure you select the right one on the AFP site. Make sure it is Code 33 (a lot of us picked the wrong one and had to order a second one). Most of us of got 35 by mistake which is wrong :(

No need for fingerprints. Just make sure you select the right one on the AFP site. Make sure it is Code 33 (a lot of us picked the wrong one and had to order a second one). Most of us of got 35 by mistake which is wrong :(

Health insurance any provider, 1cover or zoom is pretty cheap like less than $50 and includes the Covid cover aspect.

Rat bookings etc, Fiji entry test website, follow instruction and book, simple. How much the airline etc check is variable, I saw both at Australia and Fiji side people get stopped and told to book rat, seems many not pre booking as they should.

Police certificate, as per bris user above, but also any place you lived in 6 month or more, obtain one (if you can), even if reciprocity say you don’t need for that country, that is probably the one advice that differed, my interview the consular officer didn’t care about reciprocity saying not needed for certain countries, they still wanted one from every country lived in more than 6 month. But follow reciprocity first, and then only if possible, collect other pc if you can and bring anyways (as it appears to be very consular officer specific this one). Obviously if you only lived in Australia and never somewhere else then this is a bit of a moot point.

If in doubt re docs, just bring more, better to be safe than sorry, some consular officers interpret things differently/ ask for different docs etc.

Ah cool... Thanks! Yeah I spotted the instructions about the code, definitely seems counterintuitive which one to pick - considering the other is listed as for overseas visas.

I just had my bachelor degree and transcript, didn’t need year 12. But others were asked for year 12. Good luck! It’s all easy and you will be stoked this time tomorrow
Hey guys! Congratulations on your interviews/visas! My interview is in Sydney next week and I'm so anxious I've missed a document or something. Do you happen to have a list of all the documents they asked for? I completed my medical on Thursday and they had "forgotten" to let me know they needed a few documents which sent me into a spiral of worrying about next week.

Thanks & congrats again!
miki x

I was only asked for year 12 certificate. Wasn't asked for my degree or transcripts (of even high school). So I took my primary school cert, highschool cert + transcripts, uni degree + transcripts. And they just wanted the highschool cert and thats it :)

This was also on the same day (and by the same guy) as others that had been asked for only their degree, or both degree and highschool cert. So guess it just depends on what the person serving you at the time is feeling like, so just take it all.
Hey guys! Congratulations on your interviews/visas! My interview is in Sydney next week and I'm so anxious I've missed a document or something. Do you happen to have a list of all the documents they asked for? I completed my medical on Thursday and they had "forgotten" to let me know they needed a few documents which sent me into a spiral of worrying about next week.

Thanks & congrats again!
miki x