• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 OC Selectees

Hi all. Apologies if this has been answered previously.

I attended my interview in Sydney, which went well. The interviewer said that because my medical was after the interview date, I was to send the medical to the embassy along with a return envelope and my passport. I did. I tracked the express postage parcel and it arrived at the embassy on the 13th. My question is:

How long does it generally take to process the visa and how will I be notified?

Thank you.

I attended my interview in Sydney, which went well. The interviewer said that because my medical was after the interview date, I was to send the medical to the embassy along with a return envelope and my passport. I did. I tracked the express postage parcel and it arrived at the embassy on the 13th. My question is:

Thank you.
i am in the same position as you. my package got to sydney on the 8th July. when i was at the interview, the person told me 5 working days which has already passed. just being patient at the moment.

Thank you.
Hi! Congrats on your interview! I have my Sydney interview in August and I’m just wondering if you could give me a rundown on how it went for you? I’m a bit anxious about the the whole thing (and about forgetting documents as the list of what to bring is so confusing) so any help would be super helpful!! Thanks and congrats again!

Hi all!! Congrats to everyone on their selection and to those who have got their visas!!

I’d love to chat to anyone who’s had a Sydney interview (2022) as mine is coming up and I’d love to know the process and what to be prepared for. I’m a bit anxious about the whole thing and also worried I’ll have my documents in the wrong order or have missed something specific to Sydney etc.
ANY help would be appreciated!

Thanks so much
Miki x

If you tick the box on ds260 saying you wanted a SSN issued, 95% or more of the time you’ll get it that way. (I’ve been in the US nearly 8 years and never visited a SS office.) there are a few cases it doesn’t happen when you’ll need to go in in person. Yes you need it for your tax return. If you activate this year your tax return will be due April 2023.
Oh cool thanks, yes we ticked that we needed one, so you think this comes to the address we provided in the ds260 or via email? Also I thought someone on here said tax in USA was Dec/Jan? I better check that out. Thanks.

Oh cool thanks, yes we ticked that we needed one, so you think this comes to the address we provided in the ds260 or via email? Also I thought someone on here said tax in USA was Dec/Jan? I better check that out. Thanks.
Your number comes on a card, in physical form.
The tax year is Jan-Dec with tax returns due April 15 (or next business day) of the following year.

Hey Folks

So have my DV interview tomorrow and I’m pretty sure got all my documents and copies in order. With proof of completion of my schooling I just have a my HSC (NSW) along with the marks for my year 12. I also have my degree certificate from university along with the marks. I also have various awards from years 7-9. Do I need anything else to prove I attended high school from years 7-12 or is what I have enough?

Hey Folks

So have my DV interview tomorrow and I’m pretty sure got all my documents and copies in order. With proof of completion of my schooling I just have a my HSC (NSW) along with the marks for my year 12. I also have my degree certificate from university along with the marks. I also have various awards from years 7-9. Do I need anything else to prove I attended high school from years 7-12 or is what I have enough?

Bring your year 12. I also brought my Bachelors Degree cert but they only took my year 12 results but bring them just in case

Hey Folks

Hi mate. I just got asked for the senior year 12 certificate. And I proactively offered the uni degree certificate which they then took as well. That is all. nothing from primary school.

Hi mate. I just got asked for the senior year 12 certificate. And I proactively offered the uni degree certificate which they then took as well. That is all. nothing from primary school.
Hey Folks

I just had my bachelor degree and transcript, didn’t need year 12. But others were asked for year 12. Good luck! It’s all easy and you will be stoked this time tomorrow

Was asked for both year 12 and highest qualification, sounds like at a minimum the year 12 one would be required (if they follow their own guidelines), though appears to be case by case sometimes. Bring what you have is probably the best answer, that’s all you can really do.

I was only asked for year 12 certificate. Wasn't asked for my degree or transcripts (of even high school). So I took my primary school cert, highschool cert + transcripts, uni degree + transcripts. And they just wanted the highschool cert and thats it :)

This was also on the same day (and by the same guy) as others that had been asked for only their degree, or both degree and highschool cert. So guess it just depends on what the person serving you at the time is feeling like, so just take it all.

Hi all,
Have read through the last 50 pages or so of this forum to see if I could find the details but may have missed it.

My case number is 2022 OC12xx - have I already missed my chance with the GC? Have not submitted the DS260 form yet because I've been having issues with my passport and getting my sons one due to all the passport issues here in Aus.

Thank you in advance!

Hi all,
Have read through the last 50 pages or so of this forum to see if I could find the details but may have missed it.

My case number is 2022 OC12xx - have I already missed my chance with the GC? Have not submitted the DS260 form yet because I've been having issues with my passport and getting my sons one due to all the passport issues here in Aus.

Thank you in advance!
For consular processing? Unfortunately, there is just about zero chance they’d be able to process the DS260 and get you scheduled for an interview before fiscal year end. However it doesn’t cost anything to submit the DS so if you want to try, you can submit with parallel emails to KCC begging them to process fast and to Sydney to check if they can squeeze you in for an interview in September if KCC manages to get you processed. No guarantee either of those emails will be acted on though, especially as it would be outside the normal scheduling round - September interview notices are probably just about to go out, if they haven’t already started .

For consular processing? Unfortunately, there is just about zero chance they’d be able to process the DS260 and get you scheduled for an interview before fiscal year end. However it doesn’t cost anything to submit the DS so if you want to try, you can submit with parallel emails to KCC begging them to process fast and to Sydney to check if they can squeeze you in for an interview in September if KCC manages to get you processed. No guarantee either of those emails will be acted on though, especially as it would be outside the normal scheduling round - September interview notices are probably just about to go out, if they haven’t already started .
Thank you so much for that.
It all happened so much faster than what I remembered it to be!
I’ll give that a shot. Thanks again

Hi everyone, can anyone help out with travel insurance to the USA when entering for the first time with our green card?

Most won’t insure one way travel and those that do you still need to be an Australian resident (domicile).

I have tried to if the us ones I came across but one excludes Canadians and Australians the other you have to have already been stateside.

Any help would be much appreciated thank you

Hi everyone, can anyone help out with travel insurance to the USA when entering for the first time with our green card?

Most won’t insure one way travel and those that do you still need to be an Australian resident (domicile).

I have tried to if the us ones I came across but one excludes Canadians and Australians the other you have to have already been stateside.

Any help would be much appreciated thank you
Are you moving to the US immediately - sounds like it, as you mention one way travel? Then indeed, travel insurance is not applicable, as that is for brief visits abroad. I believe britsimon’s website had some advice about insurance for new arrivals.

Are you moving to the US immediately - sounds like it, as you mention one way travel? Then indeed, travel insurance is not applicable, as that is for brief visits abroad. I believe britsimon’s website had some advice about insurance for new arrivals.
Yes we leave Saturday 23rd July. I have been researching for weeks. Many policies look ok until you read the fine print in the PDS.

I will check Brit simon’s site. Thank you

Yes we leave Saturday 23rd July. I have been researching for weeks. Many policies look ok until you read the fine print in the PDS.

I will check Brit simon’s site. Thank you
@SusieQQQ i just checked britsimns page and his recommendations. The one he recommended is one I have researched and my understanding (although I may have misunderstood) is that Aussies aren’t eligible to take out the policy.

Attachments

• 7CA190C6-3041-4B0D-97D0-5911DAE80253.jpeg
    7CA190C6-3041-4B0D-97D0-5911DAE80253.jpeg
    927.9 KB · Views: 19