• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 OC Selectees

Cant speak on the others, I am just going to Epworth based on the good experience from everyone else that has gone (and it's location).

As for the Dr Rosemary part, the document Suva sent me after confirming my interview with the list of approved physicians only shows 2 in Suva which are Dr. John C. Fatiaki at Epworth Clinic and Dr. Krupali Tappoo at Tappoo Medical Center. After googling it seems like Dr Rosemary is listed on some sites as the Tappoo one, but I guess they've either changed or she isn't the one that does it for DV, but Im guessing this is why she isn't mentioned.
Yes i was also told the same regarding Dr. Rosemary. I went to Dr. Fatiaki because he is more popular and alot of people seem to go to his clinic.

I
I

One of the reasons could be that these cases are undergoing AP thus will be marked as Refused and another is early interviews in May of cases above 1200 awaiting their case numbers to become current in June so that their visas can then be issued.
Hi Jay,

Yes i concur with you. I experienced this and was told to wait for my CN to become current despite going for the interview in early May. Hopefully our visas get issued by June.

Cheers

I’m considering Lautoka too! As it suits much better to/from Nadi. I’ve sent them an email and will call today to get some info re turn around times.

I’ve already booked Epworth because of everyone’s positive experiences but it means staying in Suva for 7 nights between the medical and interview which is a bit annoying but might have to be done!
In exactly the same situation. I have booked with Epworth but am looking at booking the medical with Dr Arnold in Lautoka. Just need to confirm that I can get the results in time as I know Epworth have an expedited service but not sure about the others. Going to be a lot easier as we are travelling with young children and don't want to be doing too much back and forth between Nadi and Suva

Hi all, I have noticed a lot of people mentioning the Epworth clinic as where the majority are booking their medicals but has anyone had any experience so far with the other Fijian authorised physicians? I will be flying into nadi about 5 days before my interview and wondered whether one of the Lautoka Doctors might be a better option as am only planning to travel to Suva just before the interview. Also interesting to see noone has mentioned Dr Rosemary in Suva yet either. Is Epworth where everyone

Another spanner in the Mel/Syd/Suva works :D
I didn't even think about that. I'd hate to get all the way there and have my cycle mess it all up!
When we had our medical at Epworth Clinic, only my daughter (aged 16 years old) needed to do her urine test. My older daughter (aged 20) and I did not need to do it. Also, the issue of her having her menses was not brought up by the nurse prior to her going to collect her urine sample. Hope this helps!

When we had our medical at Epworth Clinic, only my daughter (aged 16 years old) needed to do her urine test. My older daughter (aged 20) and I did not need to do it. Also, the issue of her having her menses was not brought up by the nurse prior to her going to collect her urine sample. Hope this helps!
Thank you! I think I might stick with Epworth, seems everyone has had a smooth experience.

I'm sure this question has been asked before but I can't quite figure it out and just want some reassurance if anyone has any info.
From when you get your visa stamp at a successful interview, it's 6 months to activate.

Then is it 12 months from activation to move? Or 12 months from the interview?

And do the police certificates have to be valid when you make your final move or just for the activation?

If anyone has a link to a bit of a timeline that would be amazing, Simons FAQs are disabled at the moment. Thanks!!

Just got my 2NL for Suva also on the 18th of July, requested the transfer on the 3rd of May. OC18xx
Hey Acey, do you know if Suva had to get your case from Sydney? I know you previously said you managed to contact Sydney and get your DS260 unlocked (so they had your file). Or did you just get the 2NL and KCC sent your file to Suva?

I'm sure this question has been asked before but I can't quite figure it out and just want some reassurance if anyone has any info.
From when you get your visa stamp at a successful interview, it's 6 months to activate.

Then is it 12 months from activation to move? Or 12 months from the interview?

And do the police certificates have to be valid when you make your final move or just for the activation?

If anyone has a link to a bit of a timeline that would be amazing, Simons FAQs are disabled at the moment. Thanks!!
You have 6 months to activate it from your medical. Once it's activated you are a LPR (Lawful permanent residents) and have to follow the rules of being an LPR, and part of keeping it is not being out of the country for more than a year, but you also cant just come back to reset it for a week over and over, since you have to prove your intention is to immigrate (since that is the point of it). So to answer your question basically 6 months from medical to activate, and should be moving within a year. Susie answered the same question here and provided some links on maintaining LPR status - https://forums.immigration.com/thre...ving-us-for-a-certain-period-of-times.345907/

Police certificates are just for your interview, shouldn't matter after that, they also don't expire its just certain places have different dates from what they consider recent enough.

Hey Acey, do you know if Suva had to get your case from Sydney? I know you previously said you managed to contact Sydney and get your DS260 unlocked (so they had your file). Or did you just get the 2NL and KCC sent your file to Suva?
You need to email Suva requesting your case to be transferred, they then contact KCC to request your case be transferred to them. Suva will respond with something like this (this is what I was sent back when I requested):

Thank you for your email.

We will send a request to KCC for the transfer of your DV case to Suva.

KCC will schedule your interview appointment date/time and transfer the case to Suva for processing which could be in June and/or later.

We will correspond with you to confirm your interview date/time and provide you with instructions to prepare for your interview with our office once we receive your case from KCC.

So I just emailed Suva to request the change and they handled everything before I received the 2NL. I’m not sure if they had to contact Sydney or not but it didn’t seem to matter that my case was there.

I did also contact Sydney and KCC after a week to see if they could confirm the change. Sydney just responded that they no longer had my case file, KCC gave a generic response and didn’t confirm anything.

Ps. I also just noticed that you tried to change to AOS too. Maybe try calling Suva on the phone also. I was in a similar situation and explained it to them on the phone, they said it was no problem

Last edited:
Looks like Sydney got sent up to 46 OC cases, and has a small number of AS and AF cases too.
I have looked at Save Diversity Visa and DV Lottery Charts and can see the OC cases too though when I look at the Embassy details I cant see any allocations for Sydney yet. Perhaps it takes a day or so to feed though.

Simon, thank you for all your amazing support.

I was part of the Immpact case.

I have looked at Save Diversity Visa and DV Lottery Charts and can see the OC cases too though when I look at the Embassy details I cant see any allocations for Sydney yet. Perhaps it takes a day or so to feed though.

Simon, thank you for all your amazing support.

I was part of the Immpact case.
Scratch that, I can see on DV Lottery Charts a few of the Sydney spots...

I wonder what the case numbers are for Sydney! That’s amazing!

Do you think we can transfer our case from Suva back to Sydney??

I wonder what the case numbers are for Sydney! That’s amazing!

Do you think we can transfer our case from Suva back to Sydney??
I would check with Simon though if Suva has accepted your file I would definitely go with them. I was on one of the legal cases which I feel is why my interview was picked up....