Eoir 42b visa availability for FY 2019

It's my husband's case. It was 2/28/2020
Oh I see, so he will be up for two years on the 28th and still waiting!…. What I don’t get is that why does EOIR make it so complicated to give out a visa or green card, after the judges say this thing at the end:” Ok so MR or Miss so and so I will grant your case but right now I can’t until there’s a number available for you, because it’s all based on a first comes first served! And I can’t give you an idea of when will that happen!”..lol they make it a mystery lol

Oh I see, so he will be up for two years on the 28th and still waiting!…. What I don’t get is that why does EOIR make it so complicated to give out a visa or green card, after the judges say this thing at the end:” Ok so MR or Miss so and so I will grant your case but right now I can’t until there’s a number available for you, because it’s all based on a first comes first served! And I can’t give you an idea of when will that happen!”..lol they make it a mystery lol
My husband says it's how they work. As if it wasn't hard enough going through cancellation they still have to make you go through more hurdles. My husband's friend was detained and didn't get a bond he was detained for 7 months he fought from the inside won got out and 2 weeks later he had his GC. What can't it be like that for the rest?

My husband says it's how they work. As if it wasn't hard enough going through cancellation they still have to make you go through more hurdles. My husband's friend was detained and didn't get a bond he was detained for 7 months he fought from the inside won got out and 2 weeks later he had his GC. What can't it be like that for the rest?
Maybe his friend was already a green card holder before! Probably 42a instead of 42b, and that’s why it went alot faster !

Maybe his friend was already a green card holder before! Probably 42a instead of 42b, and that’s why it went alot faster !
No. He was undocumented didn't even have an ID all he had was a birth certificate from his country of origin. We were told that he couldn't be released without documents and since his case differed because he was detained. Man left the detention center one day had his infopass the next day and in less than 2 weeks he had his GC. I know about his case because I helped his wife out with everything.

No. He was undocumented didn't even have an ID all he had was a birth certificate from his country of origin. We were told that he couldn't be released without documents and since his case differed because he was detained. Man left the detention center one day had his infopass the next day and in less than 2 weeks he had his GC. I know about his case because I helped his wife out with everything.
Oh ok I see! Well maybe perhaps there was something different.

Detained cases take priority and they are awarded a GC once they win their final hearing. If they would just release visas at the rate they should the wait wouldn’t be that bad.

Orally granted December 2019
Case Still Pending
(PhiladelphiaPA)
my attorney just sent me this

Dear xxx

Today the minutes of a meeting between immigration lawyers and the immigration were posted. I found this item:

Can EOIR provide an update on the number of non-LPR cancellation cases awaiting decision?

• There are approximately 15,000 cases waiting for a visa number

No other information was provided. For example, I would like to know whether it is possible to determine your place in line. Are you near the front of this 15,000 case line? In the middle? I do not know. But, I thought I would pass this along.

This is so frustrating

Orally granted December 2019
Case Still Pending
(PhiladelphiaPA)
my attorney just sent me this

Dear xxx

Today the minutes of a meeting between immigration lawyers and the immigration were posted. I found this item:

Can EOIR provide an update on the number of non-LPR cancellation cases awaiting decision?

• There are approximately 15,000 cases waiting for a visa number

No other information was provided. For example, I would like to know whether it is possible to determine your place in line. Are you near the front of this 15,000 case line? In the middle? I do not know. But, I thought I would pass this along.

This is so frustrating
Thank you for sharing!

this is driving me crazy!
How much longer do we have to wait?
☹️☹️☹️

Thank you for sharing!

this is driving me crazy!
How much longer do we have to wait?
☹️☹️☹️
We don't even know we renewed our work authorization back in August 2021, they sent me my work authorization in September and my husband hasn't receive anything yet

We don't even know we renewed our work authorization back in August 2021, they sent me my work authorization in September and my husband hasn't receive anything yet
My husband submitted his work permit application in July 2019….
Still waiting

got oral approvement on Nov 2021 in Philadelphia. Hopely They can make me an official one in 2 years.

Last edited:
My husband submitted his work permit application in July 2019….
Still waiting
Should be something wrong. He might need re apply... EAD normally take 6 months. My first EAD waited for 2 and a half month. Second one waited for 7 months. Third one waited for 5 months. Now I am applying for the fourth one...Hope I can get green card before the expiration of the fourth one, so that I don't need apply for fifth one...