• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV LOTTERY 2023

but do they check before the interview or is the check automated?
They will check beforehand and flag, but a denial can only happen at interview (only a CO is allowed to deny). We had some cases reported of denial at Bogota consulate for this reason and one other that I forget.

Why didn’t you just follow the instructions?

They will check beforehand and flag, but a denial can only happen at interview (only a CO is allowed to deny). We had some cases reported of denial at Bogota consulate for this reason and one other that I forget.

Why didn’t you just follow the instructions?
ok but it is not about an old photo but during submitting the entry you submit and old photo that you have submitted last year and the get selected, do they check your last entry in the interview?

ok but it is not about an old photo but during submitting the entry you submit and old photo that you have submitted last year and the get selected, do they check your last entry in the interview?
Answered already.

The instructions tell you TWICE not to submit a photo older than 6 months. How do you think bogota knew the others were older than that? Obviously checking previous applications.

also I’m personally done with this conversation. People need to follow the instructions rather than post endless posts about what happens when they haven’t.

Last edited:
but do they check before the interview or is the check automated?
Of late, there are no known reports of selectees being denied at the interview due to using old or re-using pictures with the exception of the Bogota embassy a couple of years ago. The only way for you to find out if you may be denied for this or not is when you show up for the interview (after making the applicable fee payment which is non-refundable).

Of late, there are no known reports of selectees being denied at the interview due to using old or re-using pictures with the exception of the Bogota embassy a couple of years ago. The only way for you to find out if you may be denied for this or not is when you show up for the interview (after making the applicable fee payment which is non-refundable).
ok thank you and has there been reports of people being denied in the interview because of this issue?

You honestly need to pay close attention to the responses you've already been provided with and stop asking the same question over and over!
i am very sorry if i am causing issues i do not mean to but outside of the case in bogota and in the thread about that with one person being granted a visa i cannot find any other reports or info about this issue and wanted to see if somebody had more info for this and i am very sorry as i did not understand the answer you gave at first that is my fault

Last edited:
Hello everyone, I submitted my DV 2023 yesterday, when I click on submit button, the link continues for more than two hours without feedback for successful submission. It's was getting to 3 hours and I decided to close the page and register again, after I tried to register the second time because the was no feedback for successful registration and therefore no confirmation number.after clicking the submit button, the feedback that came was hat, ' the information submitted has not been accepted because it matches a previous entry in our records. Individuals may only submit one entry per Dv. Duplicate entries will not be accepted.
Please would that means the first one, I didn't receive a confirmation number was successful?
Please would this case be considered as double registration?
Would this invalidate the first registration?
Please how can I know the confirmation before they release the result?
Thanks.

Hello everyone, I submitted my DV 2023 yesterday, when I click on submit button, the link continues for more than two hours without feedback for successful submission. It's was getting to 3 hours and I decided to close the page and register again, after I tried to register the second time because the was no feedback for successful registration and therefore no confirmation number.after clicking the submit button, the feedback that came was hat, ' the information submitted has not been accepted because it matches a previous entry in our records. Individuals may only submit one entry per Dv. Duplicate entries will not be accepted.
Please would that means the first one, I didn't receive a confirmation number was successful?
Please would this case be considered as double registration?
Would this invalidate the first registration?
Please how can I know the confirmation before they release the result?
Thanks.
If you got the following response after your second attempt "the information submitted has not been accepted because it matches a previous entry in our records. Individuals may only submit one entry per DV. Duplicate entries will not be accepted", it means you first attempt was successfully submitted (even though you did not receive your confirmation notice). Don't try to submit another entry in that case. When the results are announced in May 2022, you will be able to use the forgot confirmation button to check if your entry has been selected or not. Just make sure you take note of the email address you used on the entry and that you entered your correct date of birth, I believe those will be required when using the forgot confirmation number option to check.

If you got the following response after your second attempt "the information submitted has not been accepted because it matches a previous entry in our records. Individuals may only submit one entry per DV. Duplicate entries will not be accepted", it means you first attempt was successfully submitted (even though you did not receive your confirmation notice). Don't try to submit another entry in that case. When the results are announced in May 2022, you will be able to use the forgot confirmation button to check if your entry has been selected or not. Just make sure you take note of the email address you used on the entry and that you entered your correct date of birth, I believe those will be required when using the forgot confirmation number option to check.
Thanks, I'm grateful.

Hi, I submitted my entry using Google Chrome but instead of getting a confirmation page I got this :

Submission In Progress​

Please do not leave this page until you receive a confirmation number. Your confirmation number is proof that your entry has been successfully submitted. You must retain your confirmation number in order to check your status in May.
If you do not receive a confirmation number, your entry was not successful and you must re-submit your information. Re-submission will not be counted as a duplicate entry if you did not receive a confirmation number.
Your submission is currently in the process of being submitted. To retrieve your confirmation page, please click the "Check Submission" button below

I never got got confirmation number each time i click "Check Submission" i keep getting the page where I entered my information. I later made another entry using another browser and it went smoothly I got my confirmation number. I am now afraid if I made duplicate entries or not?

Now when I click the "Check Submission" button it says:

Session Expired​

We're sorry, your session has expired. You must complete your entry within 60 minutes of starting it. Click the link below to start your entry again.

Neljers

You should try until you get confirmation number. It's not considered as duplicate entry.

If entry is submitted successfully and you try again to enter same details, you will be notified.

If you check posts on this page above, if you try to register after one successful entry you get message: 'the information submitted has not been accepted because it matches a previous entry in our records. Individuals may only submit one entry per Dv. Duplicate entries will not be accepted.'.

So we can assume you are fine.