• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 OC Selectees

Just to update everyone - I received DQ email this morning about 7 weeks after submitting docs.

I revised my DS260 form the day before I submitted the docs with some significant changes so I was expecting that my documents would take much longer to review but apparently not.
I’ve seen some other people ask if unlocking affects DQ email and it seems no (at least not for me).

Just to update everyone - I received DQ email this morning about 7 weeks after submitting docs.

I revised my DS260 form the day before I submitted the docs with some significant changes so I was expecting that my documents would take much longer to review but apparently not.
I’ve seen some other people ask if unlocking affects DQ email and it seems no (at least not for me).
Great to know! What is your CN?

cheers for the google spreadsheet, I added my details there.
Submitted an unlock request on Sept 1st cause I forgot to add my highschool qualifications and hopefully it gets unlocked soon.

For the Aussies who are living overseas, how do you get your Australian police background check?
Can it get mailed to an overseas address or do I need to send it to an Aussie friend to forward to me?

Thanks!

How many days do you need to wait to receive this email after submitted required documents?
For me, it has been 44 days after submitted documents, still no email from KCC.
This really depends on your case number and how complicated your case is. Britsimon has said to basically disregard the 4-6 weeks timeframe that they advise.

cheers for the google spreadsheet, I added my details there.
Submitted an unlock request on Sept 1st cause I forgot to add my highschool qualifications and hopefully it gets unlocked soon.

For the Aussies who are living overseas, how do you get your Australian police background check?
Can it get mailed to an overseas address or do I need to send it to an Aussie friend to forward to me?

Thanks!
I also submitted an unlock request on 19/9, still haven't heard back. I've heard people mention it can take 4-8 weeks, just depends on how full their inbox is. To get your AFP, check follow the link on the reciprocity page for the US Diversity Visa for Australia. Its pretty easy to do, just make sure for the dropdown where it asks for reason for check you select Code 33. Many people on this, myself included selected code 35 which is wrong which has meant we've had to do this again and waste another $42. I'm pretty sure they would mail it to an overseas address obviously you'd have to pay more for international shipping

I also submitted an unlock request on 19/9, still haven't heard back. I've heard people mention it can take 4-8 weeks, just depends on how full their inbox is. To get your AFP, check follow the link on the reciprocity page for the US Diversity Visa for Australia. Its pretty easy to do, just make sure for the dropdown where it asks for reason for check you select Code 33. Many people on this, myself included selected code 35 which is wrong which has meant we've had to do this again and waste another $42. I'm pretty sure they would mail it to an overseas address obviously you'd have to pay more for international shipping
I'm just sharing. For my unlock request to KCC, it took 40 days for them to unlock my application.

How many days do you need to wait to receive this email after submitted required documents?
For me, it has been 44 days after submitted documents, still no email from KCC.
You can take a look at the spread sheet they linked to get an idea of how long it took for everyone. For me personally I sent my docs on the 20th of August, and got qualified on the 7th of October. So about 48 days.

(Also posting in OC forum since I have an australian passport.)

I have a question - the passport I originally applied with expires May 2022.

Given that potentially my interview and likely entry to the US will be after this date, I assume I have to get a new passport.

I still need to submit my documents (haven't been requested yet) - should I submit the old passport photocopy for now, to avoid losing time?

Where do I go after that?

(Also posting in OC forum since I have an australian passport.)

I have a question - the passport I originally applied with expires May 2022.

Given that potentially my interview and likely entry to the US will be after this date, I assume I have to get a new passport.

I still need to submit my documents (haven't been requested yet) - should I submit the old passport photocopy for now, to avoid losing time?

Where do I go after that?
Hi Lucky,
Since you're already current yes you should definitely send your documents. Don't wait for KCC to ask. Have you watched any of BritSimons videos on YouTube by chance? He's been saying for months to send them in #sendyourbloodydocuments!! He'll also explain the format of how to send them in too as I already made a mistake the first time around. Super informative.