Waiting Asylum decision

My case was strong and I had proofs for my claims. I did not want to pay for attorney. So i prepared my application and went to interview by myself (Without an attorney and a translator). Interview took around 4 hours. I was in Legal status that caused me to get my decision little bit longer

-Applied on February 2020
- Was interviewed on Sept 2020
-And I got my approval today.(10/02/2021)

I wish you all the best....
Congratulations! Happy for you

My case was strong and I had proofs for my claims. I did not want to pay for attorney. So i prepared my application and went to interview by myself (Without an attorney and a translator). Interview took around 4 hours. I was in Legal status that caused me to get my decision little bit longer

-Applied on February 2020
- Was interviewed on Sept 2020
-And I got my approval today.(10/02/2021)

I wish you all the best....
Have you ever tried to contact with asylum office to know on which step your case is pending before? Also, could you share your country? in a bigger region term, east asia, or mid-east asia, africa? Thanks!

Have you ever tried to contact with asylum office to know on which step your case is pending before? Also, could you share your country? in a bigger region term, east asia, or mid-east asia, africa? Thanks!

I used to live next to asylum office, 2 or 3 months after interview I went there to convince their manager to get my result, but they did not let me go inside because of the Covid 19. They did not respond my email either. . After interview case status changed to pending but I don't know timeline. I am from Middle East

AOs can also stop the EAD asylum clock if an applicant requests additional time to submit documents; fails to appear at the Application Support Center (ASC) for biometrics collection/fingerprinting within the required time period; or cancels a pick-up appointment.80 In addition, an AO may stop the EAD asylum clock in, “[a] case in which the applicant appears eligible for an asylum grant but a final decision cannot be made because background security checks have not been completed, and a recommended approval is not permitted to be issued.”81 Asylum office personnel will enter the “HOLD-AD” code into RAPS to select whether the delay in the security check processing is due to the applicant, thereby stopping the EAD asylum clock, or is due to the government, which keeps the KLOK running.82 It is USCIS’s stated policy to inform asylum applicants of a decision to toll the EAD asylum clock, as well as when the EAD asylum clock will re-start, through notices sent in the mail.83 Finally, RAPS contains an EOIR screen that allows asylum office personnel to see whether a particular alien-number (A-number) pertains to a case within the immigration court system, and the status of that case.

Hello Guys please how can i direct the USCIS robot to connect me to a customer service. I try and it keeps insisting on solving an issue only a live agent can help with. Thanks for your response

I used to live next to asylum office, 2 or 3 months after interview I went there to convince their manager to get my result, but they did not let me go inside because of the Covid 19. They did not respond my email either. . After interview case status changed to pending but I don't know timeline. I am from Middle East
Appreciate your detailed reply, helps sooth my nerve! Have you also tried to call a number after 8PM to see your clock stopped or not before?

AOs can also stop the EAD asylum clock if an applicant requests additional time to submit documents; fails to appear at the Application Support Center (ASC) for biometrics collection/fingerprinting within the required time period; or cancels a pick-up appointment.80 In addition, an AO may stop the EAD asylum clock in, “[a] case in which the applicant appears eligible for an asylum grant but a final decision cannot be made because background security checks have not been completed, and a recommended approval is not permitted to be issued.”81 Asylum office personnel will enter the “HOLD-AD” code into RAPS to select whether the delay in the security check processing is due to the applicant, thereby stopping the EAD asylum clock, or is due to the government, which keeps the KLOK running.82 It is USCIS’s stated policy to inform asylum applicants of a decision to toll the EAD asylum clock, as well as when the EAD asylum clock will re-start, through notices sent in the mail.83 Finally, RAPS contains an EOIR screen that allows asylum office personnel to see whether a particular alien-number (A-number) pertains to a case within the immigration court system, and the status of that case.
Hope you fall into group 80. Keep us updated! Your decision is still pending?

I guess my case is a little complicated, and actually IO refers to my material constantly, basically after I answer every question. I think half of the time IO was comparing my answer and my material? Did your IO do this?
Same with me. Did you check the status on your ead clock and day count?

Thank you! Do you know usually after how many days of interview AO will decide one of these codes for the applicant?

AO decides in two weeks only, like any asylum case gets decided in two weeks. The question is why don’t they tell us ?
Recently most of the approvals comes after 1 month after the interview but again that’s a percentage but not a guarantee! Hmmm most of the people interviewed in MAY-JULY received the approval in 1-2 months at max

Thank you! May I ask the source of the information you quoted ?

I found it. Thanks.