Processing time for green card based on asylum

I appreciate your response. I just booked a direct flight from San Francisco to Istanbul just to avoid a possible transit visa hassle.
Bro,
Do you mind sharing the requirements and on how to apply for the turkey visa ? I have RTD and I wanted to meet my family after a very very long time. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Bro,
Do you mind sharing the requirements and on how to apply for the turkey visa ? I have RTD and I wanted to meet my family after a very very long time. Thanks in advance for your assistance.
If you have recently got your RTD (I think it should be valid for at least six month) you need to apply for a visa in one of their consulates in the U.S which depends which state you live in. First, you would need to fill out the application online. After finishing your application, you would be asked to make an appointment and visit their consulate for an interview.

These were the documents I was asked to bring for the interview:

1) Visa Form (you will be able to download once you apply online)
2) 2 Turkish visa photos
3) RTD (original and copy)
4) Travel itinerary (don’t buy your ticket yet. They will ask you once your visa is approved)
5) If you are going to stay in a hotel, you need to get hotel reservation.
6) Employment/Student verification letter
7) A copy of your RTD (green card if you have)
8) A copy of your ID/Driver’s Licence
9) Non-refundable visa fee. I paid $60 but some people here paid up to $160, not sure why.
10) A copy of your bank statement (last 3 months)
11) Health/Travel insurance (You can also buy this when your visa get approved)

After waiting for 2-4 weeks after interview, you will get an approval email from the consulate, and they would ask you to mail them your RTD along with your flight tickets and international travel insurance.

Hope this helps!

If you have recently got your RTD (I think it should be valid for at least six month) you need to apply for a visa in one of their consulates in the U.S which depends which state you live in. First, you would need to fill out the application online. After finishing your application, you would be asked to make an appointment and visit their consulate for an interview.

2) 2 Turkish visa photos
4) Travel itinerary (don’t buy your ticket yet. They will ask you once your visa is approved)
9) Non-refundable visa fee. I paid $60 but some people here paid up to $160, not sure why.

After waiting for 2-4 weeks after interview, you will get an approval email from the consulate, and they would ask you to mail them your RTD along with your flight tickets and international travel insurance.

Hope this helps!
Thank you so much
Sorry I have a question
We have to pay hotel for reservations,Is getting a visa 100%?

2) 2 Turkish visa photos

Hope this helps!
Thanks bro for your crystal clear update.
Just a couple of questions before I leave you off the hook, when I am trying to complete the initial application online, it’s asking me to upload the travel ticket / hotel reservation / travel insurance. Can we skip those or is it compulsory to do? Second, what’s the criteria for the photos? Any photo or through a studio?
Thanks In advance.

Thanks bro for your crystal clear update.
Just a couple of questions before I leave you off the hook, when I am trying to complete the initial application online, it’s asking me to upload the travel ticket / hotel reservation / travel insurance. Can we skip those or is it compulsory to do? Second, what’s the criteria for the photos? Any photo or through a studio?
Thanks In advance.
You don't need flight tickets and travel insurance when filling out the online application. However, you would need to upload your hotel reservation or invitation letter, photo, bank account statement to show the applicant commitment to return and something to show your income like a paycheck. When you go to the interview, they are going to ask you about the flight tickets and health/travel insurance which I said that I will buy both of these when my visa get approved. When my visa got approved, I bought my flight tickets and health/travel insurance and mailed them along with my RTD. Regarding photo, they have their requirements.
You can always send them an email if you have any questions and they are not that bad in responding back to you.

Last edited:
You don't need flight tickets and travel insurance when filling out the online application. However, you would need to upload your hotel reservation or invitation letter, photo, bank account statement to show the applicant commitment to return and something to show your income like a paycheck. When you go to the interview, they are going to ask you about the flight tickets and health/travel insurance which I said that I will buy both of these when my visa get approved. When my visa got approved, I bought my flight tickets and health/travel insurance and mailed them along with my RTD. Regarding photo, they have their requirements.
You can always send them an email if you have any questions and they are not that bad in responding back to you.
Thanks a lot for your assistance bro. You nailed it.
if you can, pls share the name of the travel insurance that you got and the price of it. I have a total of 5 people waiting to travel to turkey.

Thanks a lot for your assistance bro. You nailed it.
if you can, pls share the name of the travel insurance that you got and the price of it. I have a total of 5 people waiting to travel to turkey.
I bought the insurance from the link below so I am not pretty sure if I have bought the right one or not.