• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 OC Selectees

Hi all!
I'm a fellow OC 2022 winning applicant, with a case number under 100.
Just submitted my ds-260, and am trying to figure out how long after submitting it I should receive the email from KCC requesting documents.
Does anyone know?

They don't start 2022 until later in the year. 2021 hasn't finished yet. Under 100 means an early start though. Possibly October.

Hi all!
Just submitted my ds-260, and am trying to figure out how long after submitting it I should receive the email from KCC requesting documents.
Does anyone know?
did you have to upload any documents to your DS260 before submitting it?

I only ask because I submitted my DS260 for DV2021 and i had to upload some docs like a drivers license, and in DV2022, the DS260 never asked me for that.

Last edited:
Hi all!
Does anyone know?
I wouldn't stress about receiving the email as you'll be one of the first to be interviewed in Oct/Nov - it will come over the next few weeks/months and KCC is still working on DV2021. I suggest you read up on Simon's website, find the document procedure page and get all the requested documents ready for when that email comes through so you're not rushing around trying to gather docs when the email does eventually arrive.

did you have to upload any documents to your DS260 before submitting it?

I only ask because I submitted my DS260 for DV2021 and i had to upload some docs like a drivers license, and in DV2022, the DS260 never asked me for that.
No, I didn't upload any documents for my DS-260 :)

I wouldn't stress about receiving the email as you'll be one of the first to be interviewed in Oct/Nov - it will come over the next few weeks/months and KCC is still working on DV2021. I suggest you read up on Simon's website, find the document procedure page and get all the requested documents ready for when that email comes through so you're not rushing around trying to gather docs when the email does eventually arrive.
Already gathering them now. Appreciate the advice

Hi Team. I’m OC13XX. (Dv2022) I have read online many people sending documents earlier than the email requesting them is sent, is that an okay approach?

Congrats everyone. Stay positive. OC winner with case number below 300; fingers crossed. Hopefully embassies resume duties and begin processing dv cases end of the year

I was a winner back in 2014 along with my wife. My case number was between 1500-1600 and we did not get successful back then because the cut off case number back then was 1450. Never stopped trying and again got lucky this time. I suppose back then these was not so many holes. However a low case number does not guarantee everything is safe. We can still exhaust visas in the first 500 cases should there be no holes. Simon would agree with me to some extent. Sorry if I had demotivated anyone. We have been in a situation where we kept high hopes and then being let down by the system. Now we have a bigger situation where covid is prohibiting embassies to carry out interviews plus borders closed with no certainty of opening anytime sooner. Hope is all we have. Take care and keep safe everyone.

I was a winner back in 2014 along with my wife. My case number was between 1500-1600 and we did not get successful back then because the cut off case number back then was 1450. Never stopped trying and again got lucky this time. I suppose back then these was not so many holes. However a low case number does not guarantee everything is safe. We can still exhaust visas in the first 500 cases should there be no holes. Simon would agree with me to some extent. Sorry if I had demotivated anyone. We have been in a situation where we kept high hopes and then being let down by the system. Now we have a bigger situation where covid is prohibiting embassies to carry out interviews plus borders closed with no certainty of opening anytime sooner. Hope is all we have. Take care and keep safe everyone.
I agree with you totally....it can be exhausted by even 500 if there were no holes which is not the case ever since the new requirements came along but you do understand though ur no# maybe be low and if the embassy at fiji does not open in tym you have have to reschedule that far worst than having a high no# cz also as the bulletin no# goes up... kcc's priority would be the cases which are current on the bulletin and I doubt the embassy will open this year....i do not really get demotivated cz even on my normal year it would be just fine...I also won in 2019 my case no# was 402...but we couldn't process den due to personal issues

The Department recognizes that visa applicants, particularly those in Tiers Three and Four, will face continued delays. We further acknowledge that certain programs, including the diversity visa program, operate on a fiscal year basis as required by law. The Department values the diversity visa program and is making every effort to process as many diversity visa cases as possible, consistent with other priorities, despite the severe operational constraints and backlog resulting from the COVID pandemic. However, as a result of COVID the number of visas issued in lower-priority preference categories or in such programs as the diversity visa program likely will not approach the statutory ceiling in Fiscal Year 2021.