• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 OC Selectees

OC12XX here.

I’m just weighing up my options... I’m already in the US and have been for 6 years but my E3 expires 01/22 hmmm.

OC12XX here.

I’m just weighing up my options... I’m already in the US and have been for 6 years but my E3 expires 01/22 hmmm.
OC11XX for me.

Same for me. In US with US Spouse. We signed our GC by marriage documents yesterday but had not sent them in yet. Now we have an interesting choice to make. We shall see what our Immigration Lawyer has to say.

OC11XX here! Hoping that more lovely winners find this forum as post their case position as I'm very curious to see where my number falls as compared to theirs!

This is my first year applying so I'm a little bit overwhelmed by the whole process - when should I submit the DS 260?

OC11XX here! Hoping that more lovely winners find this forum as post their case position as I'm very curious to see where my number falls as compared to theirs!

This is my first year applying so I'm a little bit overwhelmed by the whole process - when should I submit the DS 260?
Congrats - before you do anything please head over to www.britsimonsays.com and read up on the process and what each step means.

There is no rush to submit anything right now

We’ll… I put off checking my entry until just now… and I’ve been selected! This is so surreal. OC14XX - does anyone have a higher number?

What to do! Going to talk to a lawyer tonight, but OC2XX so pretty low! On an E3 with visa expiring early Dec, but also have a toddler and a baby, so quarantining for CP may be tough! Thinking of renewing the E3 now and then submitting the DS260 later this year and hopefully head back to Aus when the quarantine eases up!

What to do! Going to talk to a lawyer tonight, but OC2XX so pretty low! On an E3 with visa expiring early Dec, but also have a toddler and a baby, so quarantining for CP may be tough! Thinking of renewing the E3 now and then submitting the DS260 later this year and hopefully head back to Aus when the quarantine eases up!
Why are you talking to a lawyer?

Because I don't know whether to do CP, AOS or apply for the E3 first! I think I know what I should do but want clarification!
I honestly doubt a lawyer is going to be able to help you decide between AOS and CP. most know practically nothing about DV, much less about which is better. (Wait! I can guess which is better! AOS because then the lawyer can try convince you to use them and make them some $$$, lawyers can’t do anything about CP).

Please make sure you’ve read the AOS spreadsheet thoroughly to understand AOS. There is also a section on one of the sheets about AOS vs CP.

I honestly doubt a lawyer is going to be able to help you decide between AOS and CP. most know practically nothing about DV, much less about which is better. (Wait! I can guess which is better! AOS because then the lawyer can try convince you to use them and make them some $$$, lawyers can’t do anything about CP).

Please make sure you’ve read the AOS spreadsheet thoroughly to understand AOS. There is also a section on one of the sheets about AOS vs CP.
Thank you so much for the advice! Yeah, I wouldn't use a lawyer to do the application, this particular guy has advised me pro bono in the past! I just have huge anxiety as we love the US and our 2 kiddo's were born here... so don't want to jeopardize E3's if the GC falls through! That sheet is so helpful and it does point me towards CP, just need AU to open up a bit more so we can get back there!

Thank you so much for the advice! Yeah, I wouldn't use a lawyer to do the application, this particular guy has advised me pro bono in the past! I just have huge anxiety as we love the US and our 2 kiddo's were born here... so don't want to jeopardize E3's if the GC falls through! That sheet is so helpful and it does point me towards CP, just need AU to open up a bit more so we can get back there!
I’ve had 4 E3’s, 2 J1’s and haven’t applied for any in Australia (besides the first J1)... I plan to do the same with the DV. I’ll be waiting until later in the year to submit my Ds-260 to get an idea of when my visa appt may be. My visa also expires in Jan but i’ll most likely renew that beforehand to give me some time.

FYI... 2x Vancouver, Calgary, London, Mexico.

You may as well ask a car mechanic. The mechanic would be just as likely to know about DV.

REad Mom's spreadsheet.

You may as well ask a car mechanic. The mechanic would be just as likely to know about DV.

REad Mom's spreadsheet.
Sad but true!!!

@Aussiebrit - even if this lawyer provides free advice for you, as has already been pointed out, they'd likely have very little understanding of the DV lottery process and will likely advise you to go AOS as they have a change to make a bit of money from you when they tell you how complex it is (lies)
IN all honesty, only you can make a decision on your case and you are super lucky to have such a low case number..

FWIW if it were me and I was able to turn my E3 around quickly, I'd get that done now and then submit DV AOS paperwork when the number becomes current - worst case scenario, if your DV gets delayed or god forbid, rejected, you'd still have your E3

What is the process of being called for IV in Aus once you complete the DS260? Say I renew my E3 now... then fill in my Ds260 and send them the docs.... Then do you get called for IV with a date in Sydney? And have to scramble to organize flights, quarantine, medical etc? Can you move the IV date or do you arrange the date yourself?

What is the process of being called for IV in Aus once you complete the DS260? Say I renew my E3 now... then fill in my Ds260 and send them the docs.... Then do you get called for IV with a date in Sydney? And have to scramble to organize flights, quarantine, medical etc? Can you move the IV date or do you arrange the date yourself?
I am assuming you know your case number also needs to be current before you get an interview. They assign you a date, usually with somewhere around 6 weeks’ notice (could be a little shorter or longer). Sydney is one of the few that seems willing to reschedule if you need. All the hassles you mention are reasons why many will do AOS instead. But one hopes that Australia won’t still be quarantining and restricting flights much into the next fiscal year.

Thanks Susie... yes I am thinking my case will go current pretty soon as its in the OC2XX's. Do you have to go to the interview in Aus? Or can you go to any open embsassy... i.e. I am British too so can we go in London?
I am assuming you know your case number also needs to be current before you get an interview. They assign you a date, usually with somewhere around 6 weeks’ notice (could be a little shorter or longer). Sydney is one of the few that seems willing to reschedule if you need. All the hassles you mention are reasons why many will do AOS instead. But one hopes that Australia won’t still be quarantining and restricting flights much into the next fiscal