• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Hi @Sm1smom . I've been scanning the timeline and just want to triple check, once your paperwork/fee has been processed at the Chicago Lockbox it's just a waiting game until you receive your bio letter? I didn't set up an account at USCIS, just using the case check feature and it shows "Fingerprint Fee Was Received" and I have received my letter in the mail saying the same thing. Just want to make sure I'm not missing steps here.

Hi @Sm1smom . I've been scanning the timeline and just want to triple check, once your paperwork/fee has been processed at the Chicago Lockbox it's just a waiting game until you receive your bio letter? I didn't set up an account at USCIS, just using the case check feature and it shows "Fingerprint Fee Was Received" and I have received my letter in the mail saying the same thing. Just want to make sure I'm not missing steps here.

I suggest you cross check with the “AOS Process” tab on the AOS spreadsheet to confirm the steps.

Hey everyone!

I am still waiting to get my DV receipt back to send the documents but I am starting to grow a bit worried about timing. BritSimmon said on a live stream that if we want to get our GC, we need to sent the package ASAP.
(1) In terms of timing, am I correct to start getting worried about not having enough time?
(2) About the receipt, would a copy of the money order I sent plus the tracking website where it says it has been delivered and cashed suffice? Or should I be patient and wait for it?
I understand no one has a crystal ball to predict outcomes, I am mostly asking for opinions and advised on what would you do if you were me?

Also (3), anyone got their check/money order cashed around April 15th-21st?

Hi everyone, I would like to share a quick update on my biometric experience at Revere, MA ASC today.

My appointment was at 12:00pm. I arrived at 11:30 and was told to line up outside the ASC and wait until 11:45 (15-min before the appointment). At 11:50, an officer came to the entrance and asked people to go in one by one (some went in with kids). Inside the entrance of the ASC, the officer checked my appointment notice, personal information form, and photo ID, as well as asked COVID-related health screening questions. Passing through this initial check-in, another officer sitting behind a counter checked my ID (if matching with my face) and fingertips (to ensure there's no wound). She stamped on the notice, gave me a numbered ticket, and asked me to wait in a lobby. The wait time was around 15-min because of a big group in front of me. When my number is up, I walked to the only biometric technician in the ASC and gave her my ID and notice. She asked me to take off my mask and took me a mug shot. Then, she took my hands and scan my fingerprint. A plastic board was standing between us for two-way protection. In the end, she asked me to sign on an e-signature device and gave me the notice back, which now has both the second officer and the technician signed on.

The staff was nice; the instructions were clear; the process was smooth.

Can I send my package first without the medical and then send the medical later? If yes, will doing that have any negative effect on my case?

Thankyou

Hi everyone, I would like to share a quick update on my biometric experience at Revere, MA ASC today.

My appointment was at 12:00pm. I arrived at 11:30 and was told to line up outside the ASC and wait until 11:45 (15-min before the appointment). At 11:50, an officer came to the entrance and asked people to go in one by one (some went in with kids). Inside the entrance of the ASC, the officer checked my appointment notice, personal information form, and photo ID, as well as asked COVID-related health screening questions. Passing through this initial check-in, another officer sitting behind a counter checked my ID (if matching with my face) and fingertips (to ensure there's no wound). She stamped on the notice, gave me a numbered ticket, and asked me to wait in a lobby. The wait time was around 15-min because of a big group in front of me. When my number is up, I walked to the only biometric technician in the ASC and gave her my ID and notice. She asked me to take off my mask and took me a mug shot. Then, she took my hands and scan my fingerprint. A plastic board was standing between us for two-way protection. In the end, she asked me to sign on an e-signature device and gave me the notice back, which now has both the second officer and the technician signed on.

The staff was nice; the instructions were clear; the process was smooth.
I had the same exact experience at the same office this morning at 9 am!

Hi mom, hi all. I'm the principal applicant for DV2021 AOS and filling out I-485 for my 3-years old child. Few questions:

1) Part 10, item 1.a ("I can read and understand English") - should I check that checkbox even if my child can't read yet? Or that question applies to me, the person filling out the form on the child's behalf?
2) Part 10, item 2 ("at my request, the preparer named in Part 12 prepared this application for me") - should I check that checkbox and fill out Part 12 with my information there? It seems Part 12 meant for attorneys, so I'm not sure about filling it out.
3) Most of the questions in Part 3, Part 5, and Part 6 are not applicable for a child's I-485 form as it's about applicant employment, marriage and children. What would be the general recommendation - to put "n/a" in all those fields (which would be a lot) or just keep them empty?

Appreciate your response, sorry if the questions are dumb.

Hello,

I sent the money order for DV payment April 20th.
cashed on April 23rd
Didn't receive the receipt yet. waiting for it.
My payment was cashed on April 21st, I think. I sent it with an overnight tracked SASE and it has not been sent back yet.

Should I be able to see an update on my online case status after biometrics or does it depend on the FO and how they handle cases?

Hi,

Has anyone here know how should I find my USCIS account number? I have an account on the USCIS website, but there is no account number in the account setting section or in my profile. I need it to fill I-485

Hi,

Has anyone here know how should I find my USCIS account number? I have an account on the USCIS website, but there is no account number in the account setting section or in my profile. I need it to fill I-485
Have you ever filled an online USCIS form through your account?

Hi mom, hi all. I'm the principal applicant for DV2021 AOS and filling out I-485 for my 3-years old child. Few questions:

1) Part 10, item 1.a ("I can read and understand English") - should I check that checkbox even if my child can't read yet? Or that question applies to me, the person filling out the form on the child's behalf?
2) Part 10, item 2 ("at my request, the preparer named in Part 12 prepared this application for me") - should I check that checkbox and fill out Part 12 with my information there? It seems Part 12 meant for attorneys, so I'm not sure about filling it out.
3) Most of the questions in Part 3, Part 5, and Part 6 are not applicable for a child's I-485 form as it's about applicant employment, marriage and children. What would be the general recommendation - to put "n/a" in all those fields (which would be a lot) or just keep them empty?

Appreciate your response, sorry if the questions are dumb.
1. Question applies to you as the person filling the form on behalf of your child.
2. Yeah, you can check the box and follow up by answering Part 12 which is not meant for just an attorney considering the form says “if any” in front of the preparer’s business name or organization.
3. The instructions says to write N/A or None for questions that are not applicable right? It doesn’t distinguish between a child and an adult, I recommend you follow the instructions provided on the form.