• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

If the congressperson's office doesn't do anything, you can try your senator's office as I did. It's the same process.
The place I live our representative is republican. Though both senators are Democrats. Does this detail make any difference when contacting a person from congress in case our case takes too much time? Considering immigration as a big issue between both parties, can we say that republican would less likely want to help? Anyway, just a curiosity. I wonder if there is any example where a republican helped an applicant.

The place I live our representative is republican. Though both senators are Democrats. Does this detail make any difference when contacting a person from congress in case our case takes too much time? Considering immigration as a big issue between both parties, can we say that republican would less likely want to help? Anyway, just a curiosity. I wonder if there is any example where a republican helped an applicant.
I don't want to assume that just because one is a republican then they are automatically against immigration, but if you do some research on the person you are about to contact, as you should, and realize that they are not pro-immigration, then find someone else.

Hi Mom or anybody who can help, For those of us submitting to the lockbox now, how likely is it that we will get an interview before September 30? Based on the 2021 timeline spreadsheet and other years, it seems like the time between Chicago lockbox submission day and Interview day varies from anywhere between 3 months to 7 months. There is no guarantee of course but would you say it is probable to get an interview now. I am feeling very pessimistic based on the backlog USCIS has. I am wondering if it is worth it to transfer to consular processing. Thank you! @Sm1smom

Hi Mom or anybody who can help, For those of us submitting to the lockbox now, how likely is it that we will get an interview before September 30? Based on the 2021 timeline spreadsheet and other years, it seems like the time between Chicago lockbox submission day and Interview day varies from anywhere between 3 months to 7 months. There is no guarantee of course but would you say it is probable to get an interview now. I am feeling very pessimistic based on the backlog USCIS has. I am wondering if it is worth it to transfer to consular processing. Thank you! @Sm1smom

It is definitely possible to complete the process before the end of the fiscal year. Yes, it's true that there is no guarantee but if you look at past timelines, there have been people who have started the process in July or even August and have successfully completed the process before Sep. 30th.

Hi, Sm1smom! I'm trying to post a ques here but have been encountering an error: "Your content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements. Please change your content or try again later. If you still have problems, please contact an administrator." How could I fix that:confused:? Thank you!

Hi, Sm1smom! I'm trying to post a ques here but have been encountering an error: "Your content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements. Please change your content or try again later. If you still have problems, please contact an administrator." How could I fix that:confused:? Thank you!
Does the post contain a link? Review the content to ensure it doesn’t contain certain words the system could deem spam-like.

Does the post contain a link? Review the content to ensure it doesn’t contain certain words the system could deem spam-lik
Hi, Sm1smom and everyone who is willing to help! My diplomas are bilingual and the English version goes after the slash but only for the appendices with the grades. For the first page, I have a separate English-only version where it says I've completed the program and gained the qualification. Should I do a certified translation for the entire diploma with its appendices or this one page will suffice as it's an English-only version? Thank you:)

Hi mom,

I am in F1 visa and have a SSN and my spouse F2 has no SSN. So, when we are filling two separate DS 260s for we two,
For me (F1 with SSN) I need to mention that I don't need SSN and for F2's DS 260 application need a SSN. Am I correct?

Thank you so much.

Hi, Sm1smom and everyone who is willing to help! My diplomas are bilingual and the English version goes after the slash but only for the appendices with the grades. For the first page, I have a separate English-only version where it says I've completed the program and gained the qualification. Should I do a certified translation for the entire diploma with its appendices or this one page will suffice as it's an English-only version? Thank you:)
When in doubt, get a fully translated version.

Hi mom,

I am in F1 visa and have a SSN and my spouse F2 has no SSN. So, when we are filling two separate DS 260s for we two,
For me (F1 with SSN) I need to mention that I don't need SSN and for F2's DS 260 application need a SSN. Am I correct?

Thank you so much.
It doesn’t matter what response you put there, SSN doesn’t get processed for AOSers. That is something you apply for after getting the GC.

But it was required when we applied so maybe we are still responsible for that?
Like @raphael1899 already noted, the form is no longer required.

“If an applicant or petitioner has already provided such information, and USCIS adjudicates the application or petition on or after March 9, 2021, USCIS will not consider any information provided that relates solely to the Public Charge Final Rule, including, for example, information provided on the Form I-944, evidence or documentation submitted with Form I-944, or information on the receipt of public benefits on Form I-129 (Part 6), Form I-129CW (Part 6), Form I-539 (Part 5), and Form I-539A (Part 3).”
I-944 USCIS

Hi guys! Does anyone know how long, on average, is taking KCC to respond to inquiries? They haven’t answered my email yet about changing from CP to AOS, although my money order has been cashed. Last time I contacted them was on April 16th and I got the automatic reply message but nothing ever since. I’ve seen some people that have gotten answers even tho they emailed them after I did and I was getting a tad worried.

Hi guys! Does anyone know how long, on average, is taking KCC to respond to inquiries? They haven’t answered my email yet about changing from CP to AOS, although my money order has been cashed. Last time I contacted them was on April 16th and I got the automatic reply message but nothing ever since. I’ve seen some people that have gotten answers even tho they emailed them after I did and I was getting a tad worried.

They usually respond within 2 weeks.

typically 2 weeks for a response based on the last 2 emails i sent them