• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

But FO cannot schedule an interview before NBC forwards the I-485 to them, right? Are the statuses of "interview is ready to be scheduled", "background check is cleared" or the file being sent to FO completely irrelevant to eachother? Thank you.
Until a case gets assigned to the FO, (aka case file gets sent to the FO or NBC forwards the I-485), the FO is not aware of the case being under their jurisdiction and subsequently cannot even schedule an interview to start with. Again, you can't infer some other meaning or relevance to any update you've been given outside of the literal meaning of the update itself. You can take a look at the NBC_LockBox_FO tab of the AOS process spreadsheet if you wish to know more about the roles of these 3 organizations in the process.

Hello mom,

I will do the tax amendment and returning back the stimulus check by contacting the IRS. I will bring my amended tax return forms hopefully to the interview if I get the opportunity to process.

In the AOS package I will send my recent pay checks, W-2s, Employment verification letter and I- 134 as evidence of financial support.
Do you think there is a possibility of my case denial based on not sending tax transcripts in the AOS package as a F1 student?

Thank you so much.
Of course not, you will not be out rightly denied for that without being given a chance to provide the tax transcript if necessary. If you're including an I-134, make sure the form is accompanied by the applicable supporting documents from the person providing you with the I-134.

Until a case gets assigned to the FO, (aka case file gets sent to the FO or NBC forwards the I-485), the FO is not aware of the case being under their jurisdiction and subsequently cannot even schedule an interview to start with. Again, you can't infer some other meaning or relevance to any update you've been given outside of the literal meaning of the update itself.
Thank you. My FO has been responding to all my inquiries for five months. However, my file was still at NBC 2 weeks ago. That's why I get confused and I thought FO is waiting for NBC somehow. It has been so long without any update so I tend to find meanings from small things, sorry if I bother you.

Of course not, you will not be out rightly denied for that without being given a chance to provide the tax transcript if necessary. If you're including an I-134, make sure the form is accompanied by the applicable supporting documents from the person providing you with the I-134.
Thank you so much mom for your support.

1) About I-134, are the W-2 and 1099 same?
2) And from which document of the I-134 sponsor, government ID can be shown ?

Thank you. My FO has been responding to all my inquiries for five months. However, my file was still at NBC 2 weeks ago. That's why I get confused and I thought FO is waiting for NBC somehow. It has been so long without any update so I tend to find meanings from small things, sorry if I bother you.
If your FO has been responding to all your inquiries it means they already got your case file as far back as when they started responding. It is not unusual for for the FO to claim they're waiting for the case file while the interview schedule is pending (it is called blaming someone else for dropping the ball). Some FOs do go as far as providing that same response even to congressional inquiries when a case has unfortunately fallen through the cracks, it has happened before.

Thank you so much mom for your support.

1) About I-134, are the W-2 and 1099 same?
2) And from which document of the I-134 sponsor, government ID can be shown ?
1. No, W-2 and 1099 are not the same. The person providing you with the I-134 will know which of the two is applicable to them. Alternatively, they can provide you with a copy of their IRS tax transcript
2. The sponsor can use a copy of their passport, GC, driver's license or birth certificate

1. No, W-2 and 1099 are not the same. The person providing you with the I-134 will know which of the two is applicable to them. Alternatively, they can provide you with a copy of their IRS tax transcript
2. The sponsor can use a copy of their passport, GC, driver's license or birth certificate
Ok I got it. Thank you so much mom.

If your FO has been responding to all your inquiries it means they already got your case file as far back as when they started responding. It is not unusual for for the FO to claim they're waiting for the case file while the interview schedule is pending (it is called blaming someone else for dropping the ball). Some FOs do go as far as providing that same response even to congressional inquiries when a case has unfortunately fallen through the cracks, it has happened before.

Hi, Mom. Does this mean that there is a way to get in touch with your FO? Thanks.

Hello All,

I submitted DS260 back in Dec and I have not yet received 2NL. I submitted the AOS hoping to take 2NL to the interview. Now am looking at my files and it looks like I sent/filled my new passport information which replaces the passport I used in the initial DV application. Will that cause any problem? Is there anyone with such an extended delays in the receipt of 2NL? I sent an email to KCC but they told me to contact USCIS twice. Have you ever wrote to KCC in regard to 2NL and have been told to contact USCIS? I am now worried may be my passport was expired?

Hi, Mom. Does this mean that there is a way to get in touch with your FO? Thanks.
There's no listed means for an applicant to directly get in touch with their FO except by going on an INFOPASS (which needs to be scheduled by calling the 1800 number), or by getting an agent or EMMA to submit an inquiry to the FO on behalf of the applicant. In the past, applicants were able to visit the FOs in person for case follow up after self-scheduling the INFOPASS appointment online (without needing to go through an agent), or even on a drop in basis. Of course a lot of applicants abused that opportunity and USCIS eventually did away with it

I used Emma and filed Expedite Request today. And in 10 min received an email from USCIS with an explanation:

On 04/07/2021, you or your representative contacted U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) about your I-485 because you believe your case is outside normal processing times.
Your case is currently delayed because the required security checks are still pending. We cannot make a decision on your case until we receive the results of these security checks.

So it looks like my background check is still pending and I have to wait until it is finished. At least now I know the reason.

Hello All,

I submitted DS260 back in Dec and I have not yet received 2NL. I submitted the AOS hoping to take 2NL to the interview. Now am looking at my files and it looks like I sent/filled my new passport information which replaces the passport I used in the initial DV application. Will that cause any problem? Is there anyone with such an extended delays in the receipt of 2NL? I sent an email to KCC but they told me to contact USCIS twice. Have you ever wrote to KCC in regard to 2NL and have been told to contact USCIS? I am now worried may be my passport was expired?
1. No, it shouldn't cause any problem. Attend your interview with both passports
2. See the Timeline spreadsheet for DS260 submission and 2NL receipt
3. See the FAQ section of the AOS spreadsheet for different scenarios regarding the 2NL (one of those below):
Q: My AOS interview has been scheduled and I am yet to receive my 2NL (it's been over 2 (or several) months since I submitted my DS260), KCC is not being helpful when I contact them. What should I do?
A: Stop stressing over the 2NL. Attend your interview even if the 2NL never shows up. Your AOS application will not be denied simply because you do not have the 2NL (some AOSers who decide to not submit the DS260 do not get the 2NL, that hasn't impacted their cases).

p.s. number your questions if you have more than one in a post.

I used Emma and filed Expedite Request today. And in 10 min received an email from USCIS with an explanation:

On 04/07/2021, you or your representative contacted U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) about your I-485 because you believe your case is outside normal processing times.
Your case is currently delayed because the required security checks are still pending. We cannot make a decision on your case until we receive the results of these security checks.

So it looks like my background check is still pending and I have to wait until it is finished. At least now I know the reason.
Wondering if I should start imposing levies or charges every time some one comes back to confirm precisely what I already told them :cool:

There's no listed means for an applicant to directly get in touch with their FO except by going on an INFOPASS (which needs to be scheduled by calling the 1800 number), or by getting an agent or EMMA to submit an inquiry to the FO on behalf of the applicant. In the past, applicants were able to visit the FOs in person for case follow up after self-scheduling the INFOPASS appointment online (without needing to go through an agent), or even on a drop in basis. Of course a lot of applicants abused that opportunity and USCIS eventually did away with it

Thank you. I was hoping to find out why I'm still waiting for my biometrics app. I never heard back from my congresswoman and my lawyer was told that by an agent that I just have to keep waiting.

Wondering if I should start imposing levies or charges every time some one comes back to confirm precisely what I already told them :cool:
I never doubted that you were 100% correct regarding background checks.

Just wanted to make sure, that officer didn't forget about my case, because generally they have 2 months after the last status change and it was hard to wait even for 2 weeks.

Do you know if there is any timeline for officers to make a final decision on a case after a background check is completed?

I never doubted that you were 100% correct regarding background checks.

Just wanted to make sure, that officer didn't forget about my case, because generally they have 2 months after the last status change and it was hard to wait even for 2 weeks.

Do you know if there is any timeline for officers to make a final decision on a case after a background check is completed?

Where did you see that they "generally have 2 months after the last status change"?

I understand if FO blames NBC for dropping the ball but the weird thing is the first tier 2 agent said my file is at NBC and the second tier 2 agent said my file was sent to FO on March 30. My FO has provided me the same response so far. In this case, which one would be better for me-INFOPASS or congressional inquiry? Thank you.

NOTE: We are actively processing your case if, in the past 60 days, you:
  • Received a notice from us about your case,
  • Responded to a request for evidence, OR
  • Received an online update to your case status.

Reactions: TZ&
Thank you. I was hoping to find out why I'm still waiting for my biometrics app. I never heard back from my congresswoman and my lawyer was told that by an agent that I just have to keep waiting.
Not quite sure how many attempts you made at additional following ups with you congresswoman before giving up on that end. If you've made 3 to 4 follow up attempts with your congress person (through the correct channel for contacting them) and you're not not hearing back from them, then try your senator, they can initiate a congressional inquiry too.