• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

What was on your entry form? Your entry was supposed to be the same as your passport.

And anyway a letter from KCC is hardly a name change document, they may have had space limitations or just made a mistake.

I did the entry with only 3 names (First, second and Last) not including my third name. But all other information matching my passport including passport number. Do you think it's an issue?

I did the entry with only 3 names (First, second and Last) not including my third name. But all other information matching my passport including passport number. Do you think it's an issue?
The instructions are to enter your name *exactly* as it is on the passport. Why didn’t you do that? It could be an issue, depending on the IO’s interpretation. I don’t know.

Hello mom,

I have few questions to ask from you on I-485.

1)Travel document number used at last arrival (In recent immigration history question 16). What should be the answer for this? I entered to USA as a F1 visa holder with I 20 with passport. Is the answer should be same as the q-15 passport number?

2)For the question, the place of last arrival to USA (In recent immigration history question 20.a)., do we have to give the port of entry town or the living town? Because our port of entry was Charlotte, NC and then we came to our living town from a domestic flight.

3)In question 22.a, as it is a white box it doesn’t allow me to write down anything, do you have any idea what to do?

4)For the question 23.b, as the answer in I-94 it has mentioned D/S (Duration of status). So, what we should write for this question? I have visa until xx/xx/2023 according to Passport.

Thank you so much.

Hello mom,

I have few questions to ask from you on I-485.

1)Travel document number used at last arrival (In recent immigration history question 16). What should be the answer for this? I entered to USA as a F1 visa holder with I 20 with passport. Is the answer should be same as the q-15 passport number?

2)For the question, the place of last arrival to USA (In recent immigration history question 20.a)., do we have to give the port of entry town or the living town? Because our port of entry was Charlotte, NC and then we came to our living town from a domestic flight.

3)In question 22.a, as it is a white box it doesn’t allow me to write down anything, do you have any idea what to do?

4)For the question 23.b, as the answer in I-94 it has mentioned D/S (Duration of status). So, what we should write for this question? I have visa until xx/xx/2023 according to Passport.

Thank you so much.
1. N/A to question 16, if you’ve already answered 15. Question 16 is for someone who used a travel document in place of a passport.
2. POE city
3. Did you first tick the small box?
4. D/S

Okay. You can disable JavaScript on the form by:
  1. Launch Acrobat or Adobe Reader (open the form).
  2. Select Edit>Preferences.
  3. Select the JavaScript Category.
  4. Uncheck the 'Enable Acrobat JavaScript' option.
  5. Click OK.
That worked mom Thank you so much .

I got few more questions while filling I-485.

1) For part1- question no-24 do I have to fill as F1? I came to USA as F1 and still in F1.

2) Part 1, Question 25c- In I-94 there is no middle name mentioned, So do I have to still write my middle name or write N/A, because of the given instructions (provide your name exactly appears on your Form I-94)

3) Do we have to select yes or no to the question, are you applying for AOS based on the immigration and nationality act 245(i)?

4) In section information about the immigrant category- questions 12 and 13, what are they mean by the receipt number?

5) Public assistance -question 61- ( What do I have to check yes or no?)
I received all three Stimulus checks, but I am planning to call IRS and ask them for a payment plan to pay the whole amount as I am not suppose to get those (I am waiting until my CN become current to make sure of applying for DV ) , because I am scared of DV denial due to receive of stimulus checks.

Thank you so much once again.

I forgot to attach a self-addressed envelope by sending payment for the lottery to the KSS ... How can I get my confirmation of payment? I already wrote to the e-mail in the KSS, but I did not receive an answer, I can not get through by phone ... I bought a postal money order and therefore I cannot contact the bank. The money order has already been cashed. Will the letter arrive without an enclosed envelope or how to get a confirmation of payment?

1) For part1- question no-24 do I have to fill as F1? I came to USA as F1 and still in F1.

2) Part 1, Question 25c- In I-94 there is no middle name mentioned, So do I have to still write my middle name or write N/A, because of the given instructions (provide your name exactly appears on your Form I-94)

3) Do we have to select yes or no to the question, are you applying for AOS based on the immigration and nationality act 245(i)?

4) In section information about the immigrant category- questions 12 and 13, what are they mean by the receipt number?

I received all three Stimulus checks, but I am planning to call IRS and ask them for a payment plan to pay the whole amount as I am not suppose to get those (I am waiting until my CN become current to make sure of applying for DV ) , because I am scared of DV denial due to receive of stimulus checks.

Thank you so much once again.
1. You can write N/A (since your status hasn’t changed) or still write F1
2. Write as shown on the I-94. Leave MiddleName blank
3. “NO”
4. Receipt No is not applicable to DV based AOS application, don’t worry about it
5. Technically speaking, receiving the stimulus check itself will not be used in making a public charge determination, it is advanced tax credit. However if this was me (since it is something I am not eligible to receive in the first place), I will still go ahead and declare it by selecting “YES” and explain what sort of government assistance it was.

I am not the moral police, but the I’m just wondering how come you received this payment if you were not eligible to receive them in the first place, and why are you waiting to see if your CN will become current or not before deciding on calling the IRS for a payment plan? Meaning the only reason you’re worried about this is because of its potential intent on your DV application? You don’t have to answer these questions, it’s just something I was wondering about.

Thank you so much once again
This should not be public assistance. Its advance credit. If the officer ask you tell them as per the IRS this advance credit and will be adjusted from your tax credit balance

I forgot to attach a self-addressed envelope by sending payment for the lottery to the KSS ... How can I get my confirmation of payment? I already wrote to the e-mail in the KSS, but I did not receive an answer, I can not get through by phone ... I bought a postal money order and therefore I cannot contact the bank. The money order has already been cashed. Will the letter arrive without an enclosed envelope or how to get a confirmation of payment?
Send a new email to KCC informing them about the payment, (when it was made and when it got cashed), and request a copy of the receipt by email since you forgot to include the SASE with your payment.

1. You can write N/A (since your status hasn’t changed) or still write F1
2. Write as shown on the I-94. Leave MiddleName blank
3. “NO”
4. Receipt No is not applicable to DV based AOS application, don’t worry about it
5. Technically speaking, receiving the stimulus check itself will not be used in making a public charge determination, it is advanced tax credit. However if this was me (since it is something I am not eligible to receive in the first place), I will still go ahead and declare it by selecting “YES” and explain what sort of government assistance it was.

I am not the moral police, but the I’m just wondering how come you received this payment if you were not eligible to receive them in the first place, and why are you waiting to see if your CN will become current or not before deciding on calling the IRS for a payment plan? Meaning the only reason you’re worried about this is because of its potential intent on your DV application? You don’t have to answer these questions, it’s just something I was wondering about.
I applied the tax via Turbotax. That's why I received those. We also surprised when received the first Stimulus check.
We have already used the money.
Honestly speaking, I'm right now worrying about avoiding any chances of rejecting DV application not about paying back.
Thank you so much for your help.

I applied the tax via Turbotax. That's why I received those. We also surprised when received the first Stimulus check.
We have already used the money.
Honestly speaking, I'm right now worrying about avoiding any chances of rejecting DV application not about paying back.
Thank you so much for your help.

Did you file as a "Resident for Tax Purposes" because you met the substantial presence test? If yes, you don't have to worry about the stimulus check because it's not considered public assistance. But what exactly do you mean when you say that you were not supposed to get those checks? What makes you think that you did not qualify?

They have not replied to my email either. It's been more than a week. I'm not sure why.

I received my receipt numbers today for for my AOS package which included I-485, I-131 and I-765. However I only received 2 receipts, the I-765 was missing. Could it be that the receipt for I-131 and I-765 are joined together? Or should I have a separate receipt for each?

I received my receipt numbers today for for my AOS package which included I-485, I-131 and I-765. However I only received 2 receipts, the I-765 was missing. Could it be that the receipt for I-131 and I-765 are joined together? Or should I have a separate receipt for each?
I received one for the I765 (3 in total). Maybe the third one is just delayed.

Did you file as a "Resident for Tax Purposes" because you met the substantial presence test? If yes, you don't have to worry about the stimulus check because it's not considered public assistance. But what exactly do you mean when you say that you were not supposed to get those checks? What makes you think that you did not qualify?
We came to USA 2018 fall. So it's just 2.5 years. Turbotax should be used by only residents( who was in USA more than 5 years) which we found out later.
I really don't have an idea about possible consequences of receiving stimulus checks to the DV case.

We came to USA 2018 fall. So it's just 2.5 years. Turbotax should be used by only residents( who was in USA more than 5 years) which we found out later.
I really don't have an idea about possible consequences of receiving stimulus checks to the DV case.

I see. That's exactly why I asked you about the substantial presence test. In this case, you are correct--You were not eligible to receive any of the 3 stimulus checks. I am not a tax expert but, if it was me, I would get in touch with IRS and start the payment plan immediately so when the IO asks you about the checks you can explain that you made a genuine mistake and show that you are paying back the money you were not supposed to receive.

1. They will let you know if they’re able to correct it or not when you call. If they’re unable to make the correction on the phone, you’ll have another opportunity to make the change when you go in for your interview.
2. Yes, you can do that if you like. I can’t say for certain if doing so may negatively impact the second package it however isn’t an option I would personally explore. Withdrawing the first package sends you back to the end of the processing queue though as the second package will be treated as a new one (it wouldn’t be inserted into the previous slot where the first one was).
Hello @Sm1smom,

I have few more questions for you on my situation;

1. Do you have any experience from the past on time taken to withdraw an application from USCIS?
2. is it possible to schedule bio and interview from the AOS application (which we want to withdraw) during the withdrawal process?
3. If that is the case, what should we do for those two appointments?

Thank you very much for your time and support on this matter.

I see. That's exactly why I asked you about the substantial presence test. In this case, you are correct--You were not eligible to receive any of the 3 stimulus checks. I am not a tax expert but, if it was me, I would get in touch with IRS and start the payment plan immediately so when the IO asks you about the checks you can explain that you made a genuine mistake and show that you are paying back the money you were not supposed to receive.
Thank you so much for your advice. Really appreciate it.