LA asylum Applicants [2020]

Does someone know if LA scheduling just new arrivals? I'm waiting for the interview from 2015.
I am waiting to my decision in LA office
And my friend waiting to his interview in LA office from 2018. Have you ever ask them about short list?

I am waiting to my decision in LA office
And my friend waiting to his interview in LA office from 2018. Have you ever ask them about short list?
No, I didn't. Just patiently waiting for my time. Just wondering if anyone from 2015 got the interview.

SF office
August 2019receipt notice
August 2019 biometrics
No interview yet
I heard that SF office was very fast before Covid. Did you get any update or interview yet?
How come you didn't get the interview as they were following LIFO at that time...?

Last edited:
- Nov 2020 applied for asylum LA office
- Nov 2020 Receipt Notice
- Jan 2021 Biometric Notice
- Jan 2021 Attended the biometric appointment

Still waiting for interview

This the reply I received after requesting to expedite my interview? Is there anyone here that requested expediting the interview (LA/Tustin Asylum Office)?

This is an automated response. Do NOT reply to this email.

For more information about rescheduling your appointment due to the Coronavirus (COV-19) go to https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-a-uscis-office.

***THE STANDBY LIST IS NOW CLOSED***
The ZLA Standby List open enrollment is closed as of COB 02/16/2021. If you submitted a request to be added to the list, we will respond to you in the order it was received. Please be patient as we received a large number of requests. If you did not provide a complete package, we will respond to you and give you 21 days from the date of our notice to correct it.

If you submitted your request after 02/16/2021, your request will not be considered.

PLEASE READ THIS INFORMATION CAREFULLY
Thank you for contacting the Los Angeles Asylum Office with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. We have received your inquiry and will respond within fifteen business days.
You may check case status by visiting http://www.uscis.gov/casestatus
USCIS schedules asylum interviews in the following order of priority:
• First priority: Applications that were scheduled for an interview, but the interview had to be rescheduled at the applicant’s request or the needs of USCIS.
• Second priority: Applications that have been pending 21 days or less.
• Third priority: All other pending affirmative asylum applications will be scheduled for interviews starting with newer filings and working back towards older filings.
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, our office is not open for walk-in inquiries until further notice.

I tried to send an email to the Los Angeles asylum office, but it says they only accepts messages from people in its organization or on its allowed senders list, does anyone know what's happened.