IR5 entry from India for parents

No. The option is not available yet. I also am not sure if people that had a valid I-551 stamped on their passport but expired need to get new medical exam done or a new letter provided again? Or they just show up at Mumbai for interview.

@brajagopal: please let us know when the IR-5 option is available.
Also, does anyone know whether the Mumbai consulate is open for appointments? Is it closed because of the lockdown there?

No. The option is not available yet. I also am not sure if people that had a valid I-551 stamped on their passport but expired need to get new medical exam done or a new letter provided again? Or they just show up at Mumbai for interview.
Reissuance of expired visas requires a new medical and payment of the visa fees again. If the DS260 and police certificate submitted were more than a year old updates will be required. It is not normally required to interview again. These are general Dept of State requirements, not India specific.

When I emailed them recently, they responded with generic message, saying:
- CR1/2 and IR1/2 applicants can apply for re-issuance of immigrant visa.
- Will need to re-pay $325 visa fee
- Bring DS 260 confirmation page
- 2 recent 2x2 photos
- Updated medical report
- Updated/unexpired PCC
Nothing about IR5 category though.

@sampat1 : That’s a great news. We’re you able to get a date for the interview?
Does anyone know whether Mumbai consulate is scheduling interviews for the new IR-5 visas?

@sampat1 : That’s a great news. We’re you able to get a date for the interview?
Does anyone know whether Mumbai consulate is scheduling interviews for the new IR-5 visas?
Not sure about the new IR5s. For the new IR5 you have to go through NVC (finger print, etc) and then consulate interview.
You can go to ustraveldocs india site, click on immigrant visa, green schedule appointment button. That should take you to cgifederal scheduling site.
sriram1957 posted step 3 screen shot above.

Thanks for the update. Did you schedule one online? I still dont see that as an option?
This is for renewing expired IR5.
Did you go to: ustraveldocs india site -> immigrant visa -> green schedule appointment button -> cgifederal scheduling site
Step3: under Embassy/Consulate Appointments

Did you go to: ustraveldocs india site -> immigrant visa -> green schedule appointment button -> cgifederal scheduling site
Yes, renewing expired IR5. I see it now, thank you.

Sampat,

Just noticed this clause under Embassy/Consular appointments -

These options are intended only for eligible applicants who have received written notification from the U.S. Embassy or Consulate that they must schedule an appointment (except SB-1 appointments).

We have not received any notification as such. Have you?

Sampat,

Just noticed this clause under Embassy/Consular appointments -

These options are intended only for eligible applicants who have received written notification from the U.S. Embassy or Consulate that they must schedule an appointment (except SB-1 appointments).

We have not received any notification as such. Have you?
brajagopal,
I have not received written confirmation from them. I guess as you pointed out, will need to check with them first.
IR5 option was not there before.
Please update us if you find out any additional info about it.

Reissuance of expired visas requires a new medical and payment of the visa fees again. If the DS260 and police certificate submitted were more than a year old updates will be required. It is not normally required to interview again. These are general Dept of State requirements, not India specific.
Thanks Susie. I have been emailing support-india@ustraveldocs.com since May 2020 and I have been consistently told that to get an IR visa reissued, my mom has to reappear for an interview in Mumbai.