Waiting Asylum decision

Good evening everyone! I’ve been following this forum for a while, but this is my first time participating.
My asylum case had been in status “Decision is pending” for almost 3 years now. Yesterday morning I checked the status of it and it says the following: Decision Was Mailed
We reached a decision on your application. You should expect to receive the decision shortly. You must follow the instructions in your decision letter as to what to do next.
Is there any way to predict what decision is that? I haven’t seen anything about fees or a new card being processed, although I had not checked the status of my case for a while since it’s been a long time after I completed my interview. Very nervous!
Also, has anyone seen a lot of people who filed at Chicago Office getting approved lately? I was also wondering how you see the history of the case online. I wasn’t able to find the link. Thank you very much. Have a nice day!
Since the pandemic we see the recent informations in this forum there are a lot of asylum approval from Chicago office and all other offices than the referrals and also seems like they are replying to the emails. I’m not 100% sure because only 5% of people who applied for asylum in Chicago office are in this forum. better to check if you have any court dates. It’s better to wait for the mail because we cannot predict and there are people whose online status was ‘decision mailed’ and still received their approval notice.

Greetings! I've attached the post I found a few days ago in this thread, I hope it helps. I just received an identical email to yours and it helped me find out what the decision is before actually receiving the letter from USCIS in mail.
Glad to know that information helped you. Did you get an approval?

Since the pandemic we see the recent informations in this forum there are a lot of asylum approval from Chicago office and all other offices than the referrals and also seems like they are replying to the emails. I’m not 100% sure because only 5% of people who applied for asylum in Chicago office are in this forum. better to check if you have any court dates. It’s better to wait for the mail because we cannot predict and there are people whose online status was ‘decision mailed’ and still received their approval notice.
I believe there is a "survivorship bias ". People who got negative results will leave this forum silently and you will never know.

Good evening everyone! I’ve been following this forum for a while, but this is my first time participating.
My asylum case had been in status “Decision is pending” for almost 3 years now. Yesterday morning I checked the status of it and it says the following: Decision Was Mailed
We reached a decision on your application. You should expect to receive the decision shortly. You must follow the instructions in your decision letter as to what to do next.
Is there any way to predict what decision is that? I haven’t seen anything about fees or a new card being processed, although I had not checked the status of my case for a while since it’s been a long time after I completed my interview. Very nervous!
Also, has anyone seen a lot of people who filed at Chicago Office getting approved lately? I was also wondering how you see the history of the case online. I wasn’t able to find the link. Thank you very much. Have a nice day!
We got the same thing. I believe you can still get approved even when they have said Decision has been mailed. It doesn’t necessary have to be fees have been waived.

The asylum offices are more responsive these days because of the reduced workload due to the pandemic. Also, they schedule interviews based on the short list these days because there are not many new applicants again due to the pandemic. The decisions are made in less than one month too. The bump in the approval rate is probably correlated with the fact that those who voluntarily request to be placed on the short list have genuinely credible cases.

The asylum offices are more responsive these days because of the reduced workload due to the pandemic. Also, they schedule interviews based on the short list these days because there are not many new applicants again due to the pandemic. The decisions are made in less than one month too. The bump in the approval rate is probably correlated with the fact that those who voluntarily request to be placed on the short list have genuinely credible cases.
Shortlist suppose to be applied in cases when for some reason they have gap in schedule. For example, applicant ask to reschedule interview.

I don’t think they can go against LIFO rule when they require to appoint interview for recent applications. There still a lot of people in backlog who waiting for interview.

Shortlist suppose to be applied in cases when for some reason they have gap in schedule. For example, applicant ask to reschedule interview.

I don’t think they can go against LIFO rule when they require to appoint interview for recent applications. There still a lot of people in backlog who waiting for interview.
lots of people from 2016 are getting interview appointments. I heard from an immigration lawyer on YouTube that during the pandemic, the asylum office prioritizes the rescheduled interviews, then the applicants who recently applied in the past one month, and the rest of the interview slots are filled from the short list. I was called twice by the asylum office within one week of entering the short list. Let's say you applied in March 2020 when the asylum offices were temporarily closed, your case is buried in backlog now because it is not a priority.

The international travel to the US has dropped significantly in the past year. I checked the number of B1/B2 visas that the US embassies across the world issued in 2020 and it's been around 3-4% of the previous years. Even less than that for countries of high risk like China and Brazil. It's safe to assume the number of new asylum applicants is 3-4% of the past year by the same logic.

lots of people from 2016 are getting interview appointments. I heard from an immigration lawyer on YouTube that during the pandemic, the asylum office prioritizes the rescheduled interviews, then the applicants who recently applied in the past one month, and the rest of the interview slots are filled from the short list. I was called twice by the asylum office within one week of entering the short list. Let's say you applied in March 2020 when the asylum offices were temporarily closed, your case is buried in backlog now because it is not a priority.

The international travel to the US has dropped significantly in the past year. I checked the number of B1/B2 visas that the US embassies across the world issued in 2020 and it's been around 3-4% of the previous years. Even less than that for countries of high risk like China and Brazil. It's safe to assume the number of new asylum applicants is 3-4% of the past year by the same logic.

Do you know how long should I wait to get my decision? I'm waiting to get my decision about 20 months
My attorney told me I should be patient and he can do anything

Do you know how long should I wait to get my decision? I'm waiting to get my decision about 20 months
It is likely that the officer who interviewed you has quit his job. Ask you lawyer to inquire about it.

20 months is not normal. Request FOIA documents then you will see your preliminary decision. And write a letter to the office for inquiry.

Greetings! I've attached the post I found a few days ago in this thread, I hope it helps. I just received an identical email to yours and it helped me find out what the decision is before actually receiving the letter from USCIS in mail.
Thank you very much. I’ve tried it, but I am having difficulties entering my receipt number. Would it be the A number or the number that starts with 3 letters? I’ve tried both, and nothing works. It is constantly telling me that I didn’t put it in correctly.

Thank you very much. I’ve tried it, but I am having difficulties entering my receipt number. Would it be the A number or the number that starts with 3 letters? I’ve tried both, and nothing works. It is constantly telling me that I didn’t put it in correctly.
Your receipt number
For example
ZCH1942199999
Then you should enter
The three letters should be substituted for corresponding numbers

Your receipt number
For example
ZCH1942199999
Then you should enter
The three letters should be substituted for corresponding numbers
Thank you very much. I was able to do that. I didn’t hear anything about EAD clock. Does it have to say something? Like should it still run? I’m super nervous. Also, I checked with Immigration Court through both the phone system and online, and the message I got was “the case is not found.”

Thank you very much. I was able to do that. I didn’t hear anything about EAD clock. Does it have to say something? Like should it still run? I’m super nervous. Also, I checked with Immigration Court through both the phone system and online, and the message I got was “the case is not found.”
You should call after 8pm (Eastern Time) then you will hear your EAD clock.

Since you didn't find your case in the court, it seems a good news if you are out of lawful status.

Since you didn't find your case in the court, it seems a good news if you are out of
days rule).
That male robot will read your status with EAD clock running or stopped, which enables you to know your decision accordingly.
And strangely my receipt number cannot be captured in the automated phone system (as if it disappears), so if anyone else with "Decision was mailed" status but cannot get your status through phone call system, please keep us updated.
lawful status.
So if my EAD clock is still running, is it good or bad?