Case status changed from "Decision Pending" to "Application pending"

gerryhu

Hi, everyone,

I had an interview last months, and I went to pick up my decision after two weeks. However, they told me that the decision was not ready and they will mail it to me.

I checked my online case status, it said: "Your decision is pending". However today the online status changed to "Your application with USCIS is still pending."

Does anyone had similar experiences and what is the reason for the change?

Thanks.

Hi, everyone,

I had an interview last months, and I went to pick up my decision after two weeks. However, they told me that the decision was not ready and they will mail it to me.

I checked my online case status, it said: "Your decision is pending". However today the online status changed to "Your application with USCIS is still pending."

Thanks.
Yeah. it's normal and does not mean anything.

Hi, everyone,

Thanks.

Hey bro I am experiencing the same problem,!
Have you got your letter yet ? If so , how long after the status changed to Application pending ?
Please reply.
Thank you

Hi, everyone,

Thanks.

Hi, Today I recevied the same notice, I had my interview March 2019 and was waiting for deciscion, Now it says "application is pending"
What happened to you after that, Any correction? Mine is in Chicago yours?
Have you got your decision yet ? If so , how long after the status changed to Application pending ?
Please reply.
Thank you

Hey bro I am experiencing the same problem,!
Have you got your letter yet ? If so , how long after the status changed to Application pending ?
Please reply.
Thank you
I see you got no reply from the person who asked to question.

Today I recevied the same notice, I had my interview March 2019 and was waiting for deciscion, Now it says "application is pending"
Have you got your decision yet ? If so , how long after the status changed to Application pending ?
Please reply.
Thank you

Today I recevied the same notice, I had my interview March 2019 and was waiting for deciscion, Now it says "application is pending"
Please reply.
Thank you
It is still the same status,
It hasn’t changed yet .

It is still the same status,
It hasn’t changed yet .
I have same problem.
I had my interview May 2019 . And then I got the email September 18th for changed the case status. I checked my case online really quick but it says "Application is pending".
Before this status it was saying during 18 months "Decision is Pending".

Hi, everyone,

Thanks.
Did you get another update?

Please reply.
Thank you
I have same location. From Chicago. And same issue. Do you have any update?

I have same location. From Chicago. And same issue. Do you have any update?
Do you know if there is any difference between "Application is pending" and "decision is pending"? mine is also changed from decision to application pending/what application pending means?

Do you know if there is any difference between "Application is pending" and "decision is pending"? mine is also changed from decision to application pending/what application pending means?

My guess is:

Usually, when the asylum officer starts to work on your case the decision would be made very quickly, and there is no status showing "Application is Pending". For some cases however, the AO, off and on, spends time on researching on the case, and "Application is Pending" is shown during this period. When the AO decision is made, the status would change back to "Decision is Pending", and the decision will keep waiting for the review from the supervisor.

Last edited:
My guess is:

Usually, when the asylum officer starts to work on your case the decision would be made very quickly, and there is no status showing "Application is Pending". For some cases however, the AO, off and on, spends time on researching on the case, and "Application is Pending" is shown during this period. When the AO decision is made, the status would change back to "Decision is Pending", and the decision will keep waiting for the review from the supervisor.
It is almost two years that I completed my interview. And was decision is pending until recently.

I have the same case my status also changed from decision pending to application pending my interview was march 2020 as well.

Reactions: Was
I have the same case my status also changed from decision pending to application pending my interview was march 2020 as well.
Do you believe if this is related to a security background check? May I ask if you are from a Muslim-ban country? My interview was in March 2020 and my status also changed from decision pending to application pending

Hi, everyone,

Thanks.
hey, any updates from your case status?mine just changed to application pending as well

hey, any updates from your case status?mine just changed to application pending as well

Just an idea,

On USCIS website, try the chatbot "Emma"

Write "Connect to an agent" and it will connect to a real person on USCIS side.

As the agent about it and get answer, once you do then share it back here

Hello guys have u received any update ? I chat with emma and just told me to send an inquiry. Do you still have the case in applocation pending? Mine waa in decision pending for more than 1 year and in january change

Hi guys
After 20 months, my case status has changed from decision pending to application pending
What does it mean?
LA office