• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

If both my wife and I apply for the 2022 green card lottery separately, do we need to have separate pictures for both entries as she would have to have a picture of me and I of her to apply?
I was going to ask the same question. Hope someone can provide answers.

Yes you can use the same photos for both entries, I can confirm this because we both got selected

But when i contact KCC they say dv2020 is over and they dont know what am i talking about.You cannot enter status of your aplication.What can judge say,issue visas,they will say law say that dv2020 is over and he has no legal arguments to change anything and it will end on that.How do we know that they dont delete data after fiscal year is over.That what happendd in september happened because judge Mehta had legal powers,after september he lost them.Why he didnt ordered anything after september,he could not because he has no power after that date.He only judge by the law he cannot change it.Hope i am wrong on this.
Dude, stop panicking. He did order what needed to be in order to make his final decision later on. The problem is that the cases in court do not get processed in 2 months (at least not in US lol), you gotta wait in a long line for 5-6 month (in our case) or sometimes waaay longer. He said tho that our case is LIKELY to succeed so he reserved some visas to deal with.
I've been thinking that they indeed can vanish all the gathered DV2020 related docs, but I hope their management is able to think 2 steps ahead and keep the docs just in case. Although I wouldn't object if they start anew and schedule everyone in numerical order on first come first serve basis.lol

Nearly 19500 DV2020 visas were issued - over 6000 of those coming after the lawsuit succeeded on September 4.
Hi Brit! big fan. Some attorneys spoke about possibility of DiviCongress intervention. Would you say it's possible? Should we count on it at all or it's like winning DV on the first attempt? Thanks a lot!

Hi Brit! big fan. Some attorneys spoke about possibility of DiviCongress intervention. Would you say it's possible? Should we count on it at all or it's like winning DV on the first attempt? Thanks a lot!

Of course you can't "count on it". It's not a guarantee.

Hi Brit,

So in general, you said DV visas issued after April 23rd have some annotations written on them like: Subject to Proclamation 1xxxxx.

What about visas issued after April 23rd (Not a re_issued visa) without this annotations.....Can they generally also travel to USA or needs to wait until after the expiration of the proclamation ?

Hi Brit,

So in general, you said DV visas issued after April 23rd have some annotations written on them like: Subject to Proclamation 1xxxxx.

What about visas issued after April 23rd (Not a re_issued visa) without this annotations.....Can they generally also travel to USA or needs to wait until after the expiration of the proclamation ?

They would also be affected by the proclamation.

Do anybody really got the visa for the dv 2020? I heard that almost nobody got it because of the coronavirus.

I got mine too :cool::cool:. I was in group 4. No named plaintiff.
Just in the very evening of friday september 4th I wrote to local embassy and to KCC but no positive reply from anyone even though I insisted and used the “critical mission” on the subject of every email I wrote. It was almost the end of september and I was feeling so sad and frustrated but out of the blue one day I got an email telling me that my interview would be in less than 24 hours :eek:. I couldn’t believe it. I got visa approved a couple of days later, visa stamped on my passport few more days later and I am very happy since then :). Now just hoping PP10014 be removed before the end of the year and praying it won’t be extended

Do anybody really got the visa for the dv 2020? I heard that almost nobody got it because of the coronavirus.
Got mine pre-COVID, and thankfully was able to enter the US and have my passport stamped right in the middle of the chaos..

Nearly 19500 DV2020 visas were issued - over 6000 of those coming after the lawsuit succeeded on September 4.
A little over a third: more than I thought, but still so few! Especially considering without the lawsuit it would have been around a quarter or less of available visas issued!

I received my visa yesterday by courier.....
I have a different annotation. Quick check on the internet shows it is related to vaccination exemption....I believe it's because I took all the vaccinations required already.

Or any expert interpretations on this annotation ?

Attachments

• PhotoGrid_Plus_1602750505518.jpg
    PhotoGrid_Plus_1602750505518.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 91
I received my visa yesterday by courier.....
I have a different annotation. Quick check on the internet shows it is related to vaccination exemption....I believe it's because I took all the vaccinations required already.

Or any expert interpretations on this annotation ?
INA 212(g)(2)(B) — “[A]ny alien … for whom a civil surgeon, medical officer, or panel physician (as those terms are defined by [42 C.F.R. 34.2] certifies, according to such regulations as the Secretary of Health and Human Services may prescribe, that such vaccination would not be medically appropriate.”

Sounds like the CS thought one or more vaccine(s) may have been inappropriate for you. There could be multiple reasons for this: age; you already have that vaccine and aren’t yet eligible for a booster shot and/or you will need one before you travel to the US; the vaccine is not safe for you (given your health); or the vaccine is not applicable (in the case of flu).

INA 212(g)(2)(B) — “[A]ny alien … for whom a civil surgeon, medical officer, or panel physician (as those terms are defined by [42 C.F.R. 34.2] certifies, according to such regulations as the Secretary of Health and Human Services may prescribe, that such vaccination would not be medically appropriate.”

Sounds like the CS thought one or more vaccine(s) may have been inappropriate for you. There could be multiple reasons for this: age; you already have that vaccine and aren’t yet eligible for a booster shot and/or you will need one before you travel to the US; the vaccine is not safe for you (given your health); or the vaccine is not applicable (in the case of flu).
But why would an annotation be needed? When we immigrated, we did not get the varicella vaccine because there was a shortage of them throughout our entire country, and we didn’t get flu shots because it was out of season, but we didn’t get any notations like this. @Andarke , did your panel doctor say anything to you about needing any vaccines after you entered the US?

But why would an annotation be needed? When we immigrated, we did not get the varicella vaccine because there was a shortage of them throughout our entire country, and we didn’t get flu shots because it was out of season, but we didn’t get any notations like this. @Andarke , did your panel doctor say anything to you about needing any vaccines after you entered the US?
I find it odd too. Granted, the PP annotation is also missing. Could possibly be a printing/human error from the consulate. Can’t say for sure.