TN Visa for remote jobs

do I need to obtain a TN visa if I am working as a Canadian contractor on C2C basis for a US company? Assuming that I will be physically residing in canada and infrequently needs to visit the US client which will be most likely once every 4 to 5 months.

For those visits, most likey, so there is no harm obtaining one when going down the first time.

You sure seem to have a lot of varied questions, If I put them together you are applying for 2 I-129s and a work-from home. Are you writing a thesis on TN, or are these legit PERSONAL questions?

For those visits, most likey, so there is no harm obtaining one when going down the first time.

You sure seem to have a lot of varied questions, If I put them together you are applying for 2 I-129s and a work-from home. Are you writing a thesis on TN, or are these legit PERSONAL questions?
Hi Nelsona, thank you. These are legit personal questions. I was trying to see my options if the TN for the new job is rejected by USCIS, if i can work from Canada without a TN as a Canadian contractor for this new employer.

Yes, if you enter US, you will need a TN. There are many TNers living in Canada that are contractors and have TN, Not all work in US is covered by B1. You would not want to find out at the border that your can't enter because you didn't plan ahead and get TN.

Yes, if you enter US, you will need a TN. There are many TNers living in Canada that are contractors and have TN, Not all work in US is covered by B1. You would not want to find out at the border that your can't enter because you didn't plan ahead and get TN.
Thanks a lot Nelsona.

What needs to be put on TN offer letter? Anything different from a regular offer letter?

What needs to be put on TN offer letter? Anything different from a regular offer letter?

Your offer letter and TN support letter are different things

Offer Letter is usually addressed to you, whereas your TN support letter to be addressed to CBP Officer, Port of Entry

Your offer letter and TN support letter are different things

Offer Letter is usually addressed to you, whereas your TN support letter to be addressed to CBP Officer, Port of Entry

Thanks for reminding me. Currently under the pandemic, should I still go to the border like Fort Erie or Niagra Falls to get TN first, and then fly to USA? (since land border is closed) Or I should do it at Pearson Airport 3 hours before my flight?

Please read up on TN process elsewhere.

I read elsewhere a preparation site for TN in 2016, it says no application form is required and the following items are recommended. Were they still valid?

• Detailed employer letter of support
  • Copy of passport
  • Copy of degree(s) and transcript(s)
  • Resume
  • Relevant certifications and/or work experience letters, if necessary
  • Material pertaining to the employer connected to the TN application, such as corporate documents, financial documents, lease, website printouts, and/or any other items that might be helpful in establishing the operations of the business and need for the Canadian national’s employment
  • Other material that may be relevant to the Canadian national, the job being offered and/or the employer

Nothing has changed. You never need a resume. Degree or work experience (if allowed).
For a TN renewal at POE, the content of the letter should still read TN renewal similar to a letter that is sent in support of the I-129 petition. I am considering going to the POE for my TN renewal. i Spoke with the POE PBB today and Canada border agency as well. It seems that i can do flag polling and go back to the POE to request a TN. I just want to be careful if the request is for renewal or a fresh TN. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you

For a TN renewal at POE, the content of the letter should still read TN renewal similar to a letter that is sent in support of the I-129 petition. I am considering going to the POE for my TN renewal. i Spoke with the POE PBB today and Canada border agency as well. It seems that i can do flag polling and go back to the POE to request a TN. I just want to be careful if the request is for renewal or a fresh TN. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you

My TN is up for renewal (Jan 2021), our employer drafted a letter to the POE and we kept everything ready, they will issue me the letter sometime end of Dec, 2020

They wrote in the letter saying that I am already working with them and they will require my services for another 36 months like that... they added this paragraph on the first page of the letter itself

Not sure, if this is a requirement as every time we go to Border for TN, its considered as new TN

I am facing my first ever TN application, what would employer furnish on their letter to POE immigration officers?

My TN is up for renewal (Jan 2021), our employer drafted a letter to the POE and we kept everything ready, they will issue me the letter sometime end of Dec, 2020

They wrote in the letter saying that I am already working with them and they will require my services for another 36 months like that... they added this paragraph on the first page of the letter itself

Not sure, if this is a requirement as every time we go to Border for TN, its considered as new TN

I am facing my first ever TN application, what would employer furnish on their letter to POE immigration officers?
In my case, the employer wrote a letter to the POE officer which talked about the request, my background and how i am suited for the role, background about the company and detailed job description. The letter should be straight forward, focused and to the point. What category are you applying under ? .