Waiting Asylum decision

Maybe because Chicago is bankrupt city
I am a graduate of the Chicago office. Even in the old days, that office has always been slow. Sorry....even after asylum approval, you will still have to deal with them for your GC application. USCIS will transfer the case to Chicago for adjudication. They lost my case files, so they set on my GC application for 23 months!

Hello guys,

First of all congratulations whoever got recently their approval , and I wish the best luck whoever is still pending just like me.

I have a question,

I applied to asylum in February 2018 and had an interview in April 6'th 2018 and I didnt hear anything about my case until I sent a letter to congressman in January 2020.

After my letter to congressman: Uscis did send an answer to congressman and said '' case is in the security check by other agencies, after getting answer that agencies , we are going to share our desicion'' ( something like that). And when I checked my case from USCIS web page it was saying '' Your application is pending''.

After 1 month, in February 2020, they called me for second interview, and I had my 2nd interview in February 2020.

In June 2020 I applied for renewal my Employment Auth. And also send another letter to Congressman, and USCIS send the same answer again my case was still in security check.

Now when I check the USCIS website, it still says ''your application is pending'', and also it says I had interview in November 2019 , but its wrong ! I had my 1st interview in April 2018, and 2'nd February 2020.

And when I check my Employment Authorization case from USCIS web site , it says ''Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken''

SO guys, what do you think and what do you suggest? I had 2 interview and there is nothing yet. I am really tired to check my mailbox and USCIS website every morning.

if there is someone who had this notice before ''Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken'', and would tell me what happened then???

Note: I am in status (E2)

thank you very much...
It's very normal. The fingerprint for EAD is normal too.

You must be patient and avoid bugging the USCIS with too many request. Chill out. Is a pending decision obstructing your life in a substantial way? I advise everyone to live their lives as if they were GC holders and wait.

Good afternoon, lads.
Let me rush it: I applied for asylum on July 2017 and nothing has happened since then. I'm still waiting for the interview.
My question is how can I contact USCIS/Ombudsman to know the case status (if its not even forgotten?) and what should I do first?
Has anyone done and what the result was? Thank you!
applied in may 2017 too ( texas) no interview date yet, very frustrating wonder what one can do

I would be happy if they even send me to the court now, cause this type of work pissed me of long time ago and I can't do shit about it for years. There should be a minimum terms like 1 year for decision or 2 years. If you don't give an answer - send to court or approve. And also how you can make accurate decision when interview been 3 years ago. Some rules needs to be implemented any time soon

I would be happy if they even send me to the court now, cause this type of work pissed me of long time ago and I can't do shit about it for years. There should be a minimum terms like 1 year for decision or 2 years. If you don't give an answer - send to court or approve. And also how you can make accurate decision when interview been 3 years ago. Some rules needs to be implemented any time soon

I completely understand, I waiting to decision more than one year. And there is no update
But one of my friend received her decision after 6 months

No , I sent them an email and I still waiting for them to reply. Next step is trying to seek help from the congresswoman or representative of my area. What have you tried?

Honestly I don't know what should I do،I talked to my attorney.he said،if you push them they deny your case
I'm confused and i feeling depressed I really miss my parents

if we can get 5 people who applied without interview since 2017, lets form a thread and share experiences, that way we can juxtapose the various summations we are getting from the lawyers and then decide on a next course of action.

Got email status update of inquiry ” your case is still pending preparation of written decision.the decision will be mailed soon”
has anyone come across something like this?