• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

Background check completion varies for people. Some clear it within a day, others could take weeks/months. Once the biometrics gets captured, they initiate a FBI background check. Depending on what the initial check turns up, they may need to escalate and conduct some additional checks.

GC background check is a lot more extensive than that conducted for the VISA. USCIS will not waive the background check based on what was done at the embassy level for your VISA approval.

Yeah, the F-1 visa check was pretty annoying to me because I did laser physics for my foreign master's degree. Then, I came to US to do PhD. Worst decision ever to pick this field as a profession. I think they are checking me again for the DV...

Yeah, the F-1 visa check was pretty annoying to me because I did laser physics for my foreign master's degree. Then, I came to US to do PhD. Worst decision ever to pick this field as a profession. I think they are checking me again for the DV...

Yup. You’ll be subjected to a much more extensive check if your background or line of study is in TAL

ASC offices should open on July 13th according to the webinar they had a week ago.
If they reopen they will be operating at 25% or less of their full capacity and priority in scheduling appointments will be given to those who had their appointments canceled due to office closures. Those filed after mid-February have not had their biometrics taken yet!

If they reopen they will be operating at 25% or less of their full capacity and priority in scheduling appointments will be given to those who had their appointments canceled due to office closures. Those filed after mid-February have not had their biometrics taken yet!
Where did you get information about they will be operating at 25% or less of their full capacity?

folks, there is some activity ongoing! I just received interview notice. I still don't have biometric appointment. There is a list of items I must bring with me which I feel comfortable with. The only exception is Medical exam results. I have sent them with the package in a closed envelope and don't have copies. Should I contact the civil sergeant or I can ignore this as it is already there?

folks, there is some activity ongoing! I just received interview notice. I still don't have biometric appointment. There is a list of items I must bring with me which I feel comfortable with. The only exception is Medical exam results. I have sent them with the package in a closed envelope and don't have copies. Should I contact the civil sergeant or I can ignore this as it is already there?
Did you have to inculde I-944 in your package? May you name list of items they have asked for?

That is GREAT news. for you and the rest of us.

anyway, calling the doctor that did your medical is free... why wouldn't you do it? they might have it, or worst case scenario they'll just say they don't have a copy.

Hi ysim,

Congratulations! Can you please give us your timeline (when submitted the documents, when received the notice etc) and what FO are you related to?

Also, did you manage to get your IRS transcripts, and if yes, how did you get them.

All your insights would be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Hi ysim,

Congratulations! Can you please give us your timeline (when submitted the documents, when received the notice etc) and what FO are you related to?

Also, did you manage to get your IRS transcripts, and if yes, how did you get them.

All your insights would be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
My details on the timeline spreadsheet are up to date line 53!

I have my IRS online account working fine and can pull transcript now.

My details on the timeline spreadsheet are up to date line 53!

I have my IRS online account working fine and can pull transcript now.
Oh excelent! Did you have issues with creating your IRS account or it was working fine from the beginning? Thanks!

Oh excelent! Did you have issues with creating your IRS account or it was working fine from the beginning? Thanks!
I didn't have any issues creating the account. Initially there was no transcript available because 2019 was my first tax year here but now all is available!

Oh, I see. Thank you! Regarding your question. Indeed, call your doctor for copies and maybe he/she will consider to give you a silled envelope (just in case). Plus, I see your interview is scheduled for the end of July, you might get your biometrics before your interview, so you have time ;)