Infopass Help Needed - 18mo Ext Expiring

salomongun165

Hi All,

I currently have a Green Card and have previously filed for a removal of my conditional status, but still waiting for an appointment date. My I797 18 month extension is expiring on July 18th.

I recently moved to new city and have fortunately found a new job that I know I will love. My first day of work is July 6th and have successfully completed the I9 with my expired GC and I797 form. I worry that my employer will reverify my I9 since my extension is expiring 2 weeks after my start date, so I'm trying to get an I551 stamp for work authorization.

6/15: Called USCIS to schedule an appointment. Told call rep that I need to schedule an emergency Infopass appointment to get the I551 stamp or I would lose my job and work authorization. They deemed my case as necessary for an appointment and was told that I would get a call back from a Tier 2 officer in 5 business days.

6/22: I never got a call that week. Called the USCIS number and asked for a status update. I was transferred immediately to a Tier 2 officer. Officer asked me the same questions about my emergency situation and said that I did qualify for an interview and that someone will call me back to schedule. Officer was not able to give me a timeline on when to expect that call

I am concerned that I will be waiting for an indefinite amount of time as this process has not given me confidence that I will hear back soon.

I am looking for anyone out there that is either in a similar situation as I am or has successfully gotten an InfoMod/Infopass appointment during the Covid times?

Your help is greatly appreciated!

If you have an unrestricted Social Security card, you can use the unrestricted Social Security card as the List C document, plus your driver's license as the List B document for the I-9. You don't need to show your GC. If you got your Social Security card after you became a permanent resident, it will be unrestricted.

If you have an unrestricted Social Security card, you can use the unrestricted Social Security card as the List C document, plus your driver's license as the List B document for the I-9. You don't need to show your GC. If you got your Social Security card after you became a permanent resident, it will be unrestricted.

Sorry, I should have clarified that. I still have a restricted SS card. I received my SS card before I had a GC. Unfortunately all SSA offices are still closed so I cannot update my SS card to remove the restrictions.

Sorry, I should have clarified that. I still have a restricted SS card. I received my SS card before I had a GC. Unfortunately all SSA offices are still closed so I cannot update my SS card to remove the restrictions.
It might be possible. This page, under "How can I get a new or replacement Social Security number card?", it says "If these automated processes are not available to you, we may be able to offer an in-office appointment for a new card request based on available staff and office operating status." But yours is not a new card request so I am not sure whether this applies.