• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Trump’s New Executive Proclamation - Travel Suspension 2.0

How is it at all possible, that we spend money and time just cause we were selected for DV2020 and they just come out and say "Hey, your money and time that you spent, along with your hopes of gaining your U.S Citizenship as we promised, are now officially gone." Can someone remind me, what's the policy on punching Mr Orange-head in the mouth?
Yeah, what Susie said above ^^^.

It is quite a big letdown, a rather frustrating process with non refundable expense. I commiserate with those of you in this situation. But the truth is, the US government never promised anything, talk-less of US citizenship.

Realize that, but my emails say otherwise, I was supposed to have an interview twice and they still cancelled it. It's one thing not getting a visa cause of bad background check (criminal records etc) or failing the medical test, not because the state is supposedly trying to push forth american work-power. This is a process cut in half, I was promised a full process.

Still no promise made. Being invited for an interview does not equate to a promise, I’m afraid. The US government did not cause the COVID-19 outbreak which is the cause of the cancelled interviews in the first place, unfortunately it is equally enabling the Trump administration to pursue their anti-immigration policies also.

Realize that, but my emails say otherwise, I was supposed to have an interview twice and they still cancelled it. It's one thing not getting a visa cause of bad background check (criminal records etc) or failing the medical test, not because the state is supposedly trying to push forth american work-power. This is a process cut in half, I was promised a full process.

The instructions do not promise anything about any part of the process. They say “Being randomly chosen as a selectee does not guarantee that you will receive a visa. Selection merely means that you are eligible to apply for a Diversity Visa. If your rank number becomes eligible for final processing, you potentially may be issued a Diversity Visa.” And this is not the first year that people have been cancelled after having an interview scheduled, it’s rare yes but it’s happened before.

If you believe you were promised a full process, then I guess the Curtis suit is for you.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, that YES, NOTHING WAS PROMISED TO ME, but this did not just happen to me. After the declaration, everyone who had pending processing got shut down by that declaration. I understand what agreeing to terms and conditions mean, but don't push the limit. No where it says that VISA may not be issued because Mr Orange-head woke up on the wrong side of the bed one morning and decided to shut immigrants down.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, that YES, NOTHING WAS PROMISED TO ME, but this did not just happen to me. After the declaration, everyone who had pending processing got shut down by that declaration. I understand what agreeing to terms and conditions mean, but don't push the limit. No where it says that VISA may not be issued because Mr Orange-head woke up on the wrong side of the bed one morning and decided to shut immigrants down.

In prior years there were people who had interviews cancelled, some literally like a day before, because the quota had been reached and the law said that no more DV visas could be issued that fiscal year. The law currently says that no more DV visas can be issued this fiscal year. You might think that the current law just enacted that says that is arbitrary and capricious, and I might agree with you on that basis and hope that AILA is able to stop it taking effect, but actually as to your last sentence, until it is challenged and overturned legally - yes, it does.

In prior years there were people who had interviews cancelled, some literally like a day before, because the quota had been reached and the law said that no more DV visas could be issued that fiscal year. The law currently says that no more DV visas can be issued this fiscal year. You might think that the current law just enacted that says that is arbitrary and capricious, and I might agree with you on that basis and hope that AILA is able to stop it taking effect, but actually as to your last sentence, until it is challenged and overturned legally - yes, it does.
Unfortunately that’s it..

I am currently in AP ( administrative process), will my case be affected by Trump's new Executive proculamation

Ok, in my situation, I am a DV2021 winner and I have a valid B1/B2 visa valid till 2022, and I am outside US. What to expect?

Urgent Call for Additional Plaintiffs for Lawsuit Against the April 22 Proclamation
AILA Doc. No. 20042690 | Dated June 6, 2020
AILA and advocates are in urgent need of additional plaintiffs for our class action lawsuit against the April 22, 2020, Proclamation on behalf of minors who may age out. Please submit any examples and inquiries that you have ASAP.
An applicant for an immigrant visa as the child of a lawful permanent resident who is at risk of “aging-out” of his/her F2A preference under the President’s April 22, 2020, immigrant visa ban;
*Any other applicants for immigrant visas in any preference category at risk of losing his or her place in line for an immigrant visa or eligibility for an immigrant visa under the President’s April 22, 2020, immigrant visa ban*
Please send any examples to AILA’s Director of Litigation Jesse Bless at litigationaila@aila.org.

I'm working with the AILA team to gather some prospective plaintiffs for their suit and I will publish a form shortly to collect the information.

Ok, in my situation, I am a DV2021 winner and I have a valid B1/B2 visa valid till 2022, and I am outside US. What to expect?

Not sure what you mean by “what to expect”. However you just have to continue to follow CP, no other route available for you.

Not sure what you mean by “what to expect”. However you just have to continue to follow CP, no other route available for you.

Meaning what should I do for the moment, what steps or is too early to start the process for ds-260. Case number EU32XXX

Meaning what should I do for the moment, what steps or is too early to start the process for ds-260. Case number EU32XXX

As a fellow DV21 selectee, I’d recommend waiting a bit before completing your DS-260.

1. The current situation is very volatile. There’s no telling what will happen with DV21 at this point.
2. Submitting this form may not affect your current B visa, but it will affect subsequent applications for a NIV.

I'd like to clarify something, cause I've seen that question being asked in other places. In a following situation:
1) original DV visa issued on or before 04/22/2020
2) that visa is now expired
3) replacement visa is issued after 04/22/2020
is that person exempt from the ban and can be successfully admitted with the new IV?
My initial and personal interpretation of the EO wording, specifically:

Sec. 2. Scope of Suspension and Limitation on Entry. (a) The suspension and limitation on entry pursuant to section 1 of this proclamation shall apply only to aliens who:
(ii) do not have an immigrant visa that is valid on the effective date of this proclamation; and

would suggest yes? Provided that embassy actually renewed the visa and in that case what the issuance date for the renewed visa is not important. Wouldn't the case of 2020AF406, where derivative visas were issued during the ban, because principal visa was issued prior to 04/22 support that?

Done filling the form... took less than 3 minutes! Please all DV winners let's try and fill the form.Let's do our part and leave the rest to God. We never know, it may be our last shot!