Asylum decisions 2019-2020

Also my logic is I had my interview already and my clock has stopped. Why would they allow the approval of my ead if they are going to denied my case. (Which I know won't happen)... just saying

Was your OPT EAD still valid in summer-Fall 2019? I think USCIS did not give you a renewed asylum EAD because you already had a work permit from OPT.

Did you ever use your asylum EAD for off-campus work when you were not on OPT?
Yes my OPT ead was valid in summer and fall 2019. It was valid from 01/2019 to 01/28/2020.

Yes prior to applying for OPT I was using my asylum ead for work off campus

Also my logic is I had my interview already and my clock has stopped. Why would they allow the approval of my ead if they are going to denied my case. (Which I know won't happen)... just saying
The clock sometimes stops for a couple of days and then resumes counting days. However, if it says you decision was mailed and the clock is stopped, this could have various meanings.

About your status, the fact that you have an I-20 from a school doesn't mean that you are in status and no one can say if you have violated your status by working off-campus or not except for USCIS. This matter will come to their knowledge when you apply for change of status from F-1 to something else (H1-B or GC) because you will have to list the employers that you have worked for in that type of application. Also, USCIS approving your OPT even though you had off-campus work history doesn't mean that you have maintained your status because USCIS doesn't ask and they don't know if you worked off-campus when you file I-765 for OPT application. If they had any knowledge of that, they may not have approved your OPT.

This is a very tricky matter. I have asked my lawyer to look into this because I am very hesitant about using my asylum EAD for work.

The clock sometimes stops for a couple of days and then resumes counting days. However, if it says you decision was mailed and the clock is stopped, this could have various meanings.

About your status, the fact that you have an I-20 from a school doesn't mean that you are in status and no one can say if you have violated your status by working off-campus or not except for USCIS. This matter will come to their knowledge when you apply for change of status from F-1 to something else (H1-B or GC) because you will have to list the employers that you have worked for in that type of application. Also, USCIS approving your OPT even though you had off-campus work history doesn't mean that you have maintained your status because USCIS doesn't ask and they don't know if you worked off-campus when you file I-765 for OPT application. If they had any knowledge of that, they may not have approved your OPT.

This is a very tricky matter. I have asked my lawyer to look into this because I am very hesitant about using my asylum EAD for work.
Thank you so much for all your answers.
In fact, since it has been many years before my interview has been scheduled, I made some amendments to my i485 such as place I have worked at. And all my employers are off campus.
Also when my OPT card came, (it comes through the advisor of the school), I was required to make my employer complete and sign a document in which it is said that the job has to be a full time one.
And I think if the job has to be on campus, my advisor would have told me because I didn't do this by myself. Just saying.
But the Asylum ead is meant to be used anywhere whether it is on campus or off campus right ?
Any if my decision is not made by the time I receive my definitive i20, I will sent it to the AO

Thank you so much for all your answers.
In fact, since it has been many years before my interview has been scheduled, I made some amendments to my i485 such as place I have worked at. And all my employers are off campus.
Also when my OPT card came, (it comes through the advisor of the school), I was required to make my employer complete and sign a document in which it is said that the job has to be a full time one.
And I think if the job has to be on campus, my advisor would have told me because I didn't do this by myself. Just saying.
But the Asylum ead is meant to be used anywhere whether it is on campus or off campus right ?
Any if my decision is not made by the time I receive my definitive i20, I will sent it to the AO
There is no restrictions on the asylum EAD. You can get employed with it anywhere. The problem is due to employment limitations of student status. (20 hours per week on-campus unless authorized with OPT/CPT)

llo everyone, I got a question and i will appreciate your feedback, my asylum case was pending 5 years for a decision. i had my interview 5 years ago till then i kept trying inquiries, so i just forget it , i checked my status this week thursday since then it saying error validation, but for the past couple of months it pending for decision so what does it mean? thanks

Attachments

• 24806036-1F2C-4527-930E-63239DCB21B3.jpeg
    24806036-1F2C-4527-930E-63239DCB21B3.jpeg
    551.1 KB · Views: 67
llo everyone, I got a question and i will appreciate your feedback, my asylum case was pending 5 years for a decision. i had my interview 5 years ago till then i kept trying inquiries, so i just forget it , i checked my status this week thursday since then it saying error validation, but for the past couple of months it pending for decision so what does it mean? thanks

It means approval

My ead clock is stopped for last two weeks and status says its still running.any body know what that means?
If it stopped right after the interview, I don't know what it means.
If it was running after interview, then you got NOID and it was still running but it stopped after you sent your rebuttal -> it most likely means that the AO has mailed the final denial

If it was running after interview, then you got NOID and it was still running but it stopped after you sent your rebuttal -> it most likely means that the AO has mailed the final denial
Its been three weeks since its stopped, final denial should have come by now or any correspondence for that matter.

Its been three weeks since its stopped, final denial should have come by now or any correspondence for that matter.
It means nothing, just that they forget to update it.
My case clock stopped last 3 weeks too. I had a interwiev in december 2019 and status decision still pending but clock stopped last 3 weeks i dont know what that mean. I checked with phone call immigrant court online case number if it referral to court but my alien number didint match any case so far i diding get referral but no decision.

Hey can you pls share how you check online. I have being putting our info online its keep showing error I have even send a fax with our rep # and they reply last yr that its being processed but we went for interview in dec 2017

Is there anyone that send their asylum case in 2015 and went for interview in dec 2017 ,I just need help understanding because am confused no decision and I don't know what to do help pls someone.

I have pretty much same dates with your case.
Filed Asylum 01/02/2015
Interview 10/2017
Recommended Approval 12/2017
Final Approval 01/31/2019
Filed for Green Card 02/2020
Probably your case is in backlog or they are waiting for the result of Background security check. And in this situation you always get the error message until they update the system with very recent progress on your case. The only sign of getting close to the final decision when they will send you the request to retake the fingerprints. IMHO :)

I have pretty much same dates with your case.
Filed Asylum 01/02/2015
Interview 10/2017
Recommended Approval 12/2017
Final Approval 01/31/2019
Filed for Green Card 02/2020
Probably your case is in backlog or they are waiting for the result of Background security check. And in this situation you always get the error message until they update the system with very recent progress on your case. The only sign of getting close to the final decision when they will send you the request to retake the fingerprints. IMHO :)
so you didn't go to immigration court?because we just received notice to go for master hearing in front of a judge .