Asylum decisions 2019-2020

I had my interview on dec 9 and the AO gave me a letter to collect the decision in 15 days . My attorney received a call 5 days before the decision date mentioned in the letter from the asylum office that the decision will be mailed. I am still waiting. It's hard to survive with 3 kids, praying to God to relieve the pain and suffering for us soon.

I had my interview on dec 9 and the AO gave me a letter to collect the decision in 15 days . My attorney received a call 5 days before the decision date mentioned in the letter from the asylum office that the decision will be mailed. I am still waiting. It's hard to survive with 3 kids, praying to God to relieve the pain and suffering for us soon.
Can you share your timeline? When did you apply and what was your office?

Can you share your timeline? When did you apply and what was your office?
Applied 9/16/19
Biometrics 10/7/19
Interview 12/9/19

At first the AO gave us a letter to collect the decision after 15 days. My attorney received a call 5 days before the date mentioned on the letter saying our decision will be mailed. Still waiting. Interview was in San Francisco office.

Applied 9/16/19
Biometrics 10/7/19
Interview 12/9/19

At first the AO gave us a letter to collect the decision after 15 days. My attorney received a call 5 days before the date mentioned on the letter saying our decision will be mailed. Still waiting. Interview was in San Francisco office.
we have roughly the same timeline.

BetterWorld

Registered Users (C)
Yes, but then my attorney received the call from the AO and was told that they can't make a decision right now because they need to complete some background checks and once done, the decision will be mailed to me.
Do you think its positive news? background checks? Looks like they're thinking to approve your case... just my opinion though...

Do you think its positive news? background checks? Looks like they're thinking to approve your case... just my opinion though...
I think you are right, I saw in many other different threads and looks like a positive sign, also my attorney told me it is a positive sign because if they wanted to refer my case to court they wouldn't go for a background check. Let's hope for the best and stay positive.