• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 Uganda

Hi blessed2020,
At this point..you should know that you cant unlock your DS 260 now..its too late...
Secondly you cant alternate your status at this stage of time...
Thirdly you will need a lot of documentation in order to prove to the consular that you are actually married...
So my advise is dont try to complicate your case by adding your new family...
Rather first get the Visa and get to the state and you will plan for family to come over with you later...
Take care

Hi blessed2020,
At this point..you should know that you cant unlock your DS 260 now..its too late...
Thirdly you will need a lot of documentation in order to prove to the consular that you are actually married...
Rather first get the Visa and get to the state and you will plan for family to come over with you later...
Take care
Thank you. Just thought that since my case number is still quite a ways, I could add the baby to DS 260 even though she cannot immigrate now.

Hi blessed2020,
Take care

Thank you. Just thought that since my case number is still quite a ways, I could add the baby to DS 260 even though she cannot immigrate now.

just to be clear. Adding the baby is NOT OPTIONAL. It is required. If you cannot unlock the DS, you must take a birth certificate to the interview so the CO can update it.

By the way I do not agree that it’s too complicated to add a spouse seeing as you probably have ample evidence of a proper relationship by now, especially with the kid, but that’s up to you. Do bear in mind that if they are not added to your DV case to immigrate now, you will have to sponsor them under F2A once you arrive, you will have to show you are earning at least a certain minimum amount (subject to the new public charge regulations) for the visa to be approved, and it will probably take about two years before they can join you (maybe longer depending what your earnings are at that stage). (It will also end up costing more, $535 filing fee and 2x$220 interview fees vs just 2x$330 DV fees,) So I would advise you to carefully consider both options and decide which is best for you and your family.

just to be clear. Adding the baby is NOT OPTIONAL. It is required. If you cannot unlock the DS, you must take a birth certificate to the interview so the CO can update it.

By the way I do not agree that it’s too complicated to add a spouse seeing as you probably have ample evidence of a proper relationship by now, especially with the kid, but that’s up to you. Do bear in mind that if they are not added to your DV case to immigrate now, you will have to sponsor them under F2A once you arrive, you will have to show you are earning at least a certain minimum amount (subject to the new public charge regulations) for the visa to be approved, and it will probably take about two years before they can join you (maybe longer depending what your earnings are at that stage). (It will also end up costing more, $535 filing fee and 2x$220 interview fees vs just 2x$330 DV fees,) So I would advise you to carefully consider both options and decide which is best for you and your family.
Thank you!

Hello Denis...
Congs bro, am so happy for you, well my interview is scheduled on 6th April but am yet to book my medical....I guess I will do it 2 weeks prior to the interview date...
Best of luck Denis...am very much sure you will pull it bro....
Let's keep updating each other till we are all through to the states....God bless every winner in this group...

Hello Denis...
Congs bro, am so happy for you, well my interview is scheduled on 6th April but am yet to book my medical....I guess I will do it 2 weeks prior to the interview date...
Best of luck Denis...am very much sure you will pull it bro....
Let's keep updating each other till we are all through to the states....God bless every winner in this group...
Congrats on the interview date
not sure of country specific issues but generally best to call doctor to book as soon as you get your interview notice - they will advise you of best date and book you for that - you don’t want to wait to book then find out they don’t have enough time before your interview

Thanks susie..
Well susie thanks for your advise once again
So should i book my medical immediately coz I had just received the mail yesterday...???

Hey guys,congrats upon your winnings and how far you have come,we thank God.am a member here ,my interview is scheduled for april 24th and am pregnant, my question is will my being pregnant affect my dv lottery visa ,after the trump new rule regarding pregnant women being denied visas?
Does it also apply to dv lottery green card Visa??...am so worried.

Asha welcome to the group, well about your issue I dont think u will be affected but you need to air your issue to you interview consular before your date of interview
But susie and juju can give you a clear advise on this since they are our guardian in these group...

Hey guys,congrats upon your winnings and how far you have come,we thank God.am a member here ,my interview is scheduled for april 24th and am pregnant, my question is will my being pregnant affect my dv lottery visa ,after the trump new rule regarding pregnant women being denied visas?
Does it also apply to dv lottery green card Visa??...am so worried.
The pregnancy issue is about people getting tourist visas just to give birth in US & go back again (what they call “birth tourism”) - not an issue for immigrant visas like DV. Congrats & good luck.

Thank u so much for the reply...keeping my fingers crossed,also do we have any consulars here who could be of help
The pregnancy issue is about people getting tourist visas just to give birth in US & go back again (what they call “birth tourism”) - not an issue for immigrant visas like DV. Congrats & good luck.
U

Hello everyone hope your all good. Am here inquiring about the affidavit of support. Do we (dv lottery winners) need it, if so which form does the sponsor fill because the 1-134 I guess applies for marriage based immigrants.

Hello everyone hope your all good. Am here inquiring about the affidavit of support. Do we (dv lottery winners) need it, if so which form does the sponsor fill because the 1-134 I guess applies for marriage based immigrants.
It’s not mandatory but preferable, and yes i134 is the correct one (the one for marriage and other family based visas is actually the i864).

Hello denis hope you are fine. How did the medicals go. Please feed us with the details, requirements and the process, thank you
Hi every one, sorry i had typed in another group, the medicals went on very well, what i can say the cost at IOM, is cheaper than even here.
We had taken the vaccination prior so we did not have to take any vaccination., Our cost was $189 x 2 = $378. However what i can say its cheap because we met their a Ugandan OB of mine who was also a DV 2020 with zero vaccination records and a family of two paid $540.
The vaccination important picked from my chart and the ones those people took included (TDAP, MMR, Influence and Varicella(Chikenpox)). Those are a must, the rest will be included on your vaccination checklist certificate.
Its a normal simple documented process and the doctors are so friendly, the only scaring part if you have TB, Treatment takes 6months - Two years .
Others wise all the best to my fellow country men & women