Asylum decisions 2019-2020

Shaun7556

I had my interview on dec 9 and the AO gave me a letter to collect the decision in 15 days . My attorney received a call 5 days before the decision date mentioned in the letter from the asylum office that the decision will be mailed. I am still waiting. It's hard to survive with 3 kids, praying to God to relieve the pain and suffering for us soon.

I had my interview on dec 9 and the AO gave me a letter to collect the decision in 15 days . My attorney received a call 5 days before the decision date mentioned in the letter from the asylum office that the decision will be mailed. I am still waiting. It's hard to survive with 3 kids, praying to God to relieve the pain and suffering for us soon.
Can you share your timeline? When did you apply and what was your office?

Can you share your timeline? When did you apply and what was your office?

Applied 9/16/19
Biometrics 10/7/19
Interview 12/9/19

At first the AO gave us a letter to collect the decision after 15 days. My attorney received a call 5 days before the date mentioned on the letter saying our decision will be mailed. Still waiting. Interview was in San Francisco office.

Applied 9/16/19
Biometrics 10/7/19
Interview 12/9/19

At first the AO gave us a letter to collect the decision after 15 days. My attorney received a call 5 days before the date mentioned on the letter saying our decision will be mailed. Still waiting. Interview was in San Francisco office.

we have roughly the same timeline.

Same here;
Applied- Last week of September
Biometric - Mid October
Interview - First week of December
Office - San Francisco
Still waiting for Decision

Yes, but then my attorney received the call from the AO and was told that they can't make a decision right now because they need to complete some background checks and once done, the decision will be mailed to me.

Yes, but then my attorney received the call from the AO and was told that they can't make a decision right now because they need to complete some background checks and once done, the decision will be mailed to me.
Do you think its positive news? background checks? Looks like they're thinking to approve your case... just my opinion though...

Do you think its positive news? background checks? Looks like they're thinking to approve your case... just my opinion though...
I think you are right, I saw in many other different threads and looks like a positive sign, also my attorney told me it is a positive sign because if they wanted to refer my case to court they wouldn't go for a background check. Let's hope for the best and stay positive.

I think you are right, I saw in many other different threads and looks like a positive sign, also my attorney told me it is a positive sign because if they wanted to refer my case to court they wouldn't go for a background check. Let's hope for the best and stay positive.
Good Luck! How much time usually they take in checks?

I see my 23 months wating from Feb 12 2014 to May 05 2016 to get my GC was true, verified punishment. Did my GC interview on August 20, 2014. Then, the Chicago office set on my GC application (for no reason!) for 15 months! I always think that instead of submitting my citizenship application this weekend, I actually could have done that years ago, if the Chicago office wasn't in the habit of punishing me. What a shame...

I see my 23 months wating from Feb 12 2014 to May 05 2016 to get my GC was true, verified punishment. Did my GC interview on August 20, 2014. Then, the Chicago office set on my GC application (for no reason!) for 15 months! I always think that instead of submitting my citizenship application this weekend, I actually could have done that years ago, if the Chicago office wasn't in the habit of punishing me. What a shame...
Thats sad. Your frustration is understandable

I applied for Asylum in Houston TX office in 10/2015, did my interview in 12/2019.(decision will be mailed to me)
Now right after my interview the AO asked me to send her the documents that prove that I am still in statut (F1) because she sees that my SEVIS is still active in my community college. (More details below)
After my Associates degree in the community College I applied for OPT with the intend to save for the university. My OPT got approved while I had an active EAD from Asylum (c8).
In 07/2019, I applied for my (c8)EAd renewal which I didn't hear anything about until my interview in December.
In the meantime, I registered at the university and my classes started in 01/21/2020.
My advisors said she was still seeing my Sevis in the community College at that time because I have to start classes at the university before my information will start showing at the university.
I sent her all the documents that I have that prove that I am still in status with advisor letter and my classes schedule at the university.
2 weeks ago I received my new (c8) EAd, but my decision is still pending.
I am optimistic, do you confirm with me that the new ead approval is a good sign.
Thanks in advance.

I applied for Asylum in Houston TX office in 10/2015, did my interview in 12/2019.(decision will be mailed to me)
Now right after my interview the AO asked me to send her the documents that prove that I am still in statut (F1) because she sees that my SEVIS is still active in my community college. (More details below)
After my Associates degree in the community College I applied for OPT with the intend to save for the university. My OPT got approved while I had an active EAD from Asylum (c8).
In 07/2019, I applied for my (c8)EAd renewal which I didn't hear anything about until my interview in December.
In the meantime, I registered at the university and my classes started in 01/21/2020.
My advisors said she was still seeing my Sevis in the community College at that time because I have to start classes at the university before my information will start showing at the university.
I sent her all the documents that I have that prove that I am still in status with advisor letter and my classes schedule at the university.
2 weeks ago I received my new (c8) EAd, but my decision is still pending.
I am optimistic, do you confirm with me that the new ead approval is a good sign.
Thanks in advance.
Did you transfer your SEVIS record to the new school after you finished your OPT? I suspect that you didn't do that. The SEVIS should be active in the new university even if you have not registered in the courses.

The EAD approval has nothing to do with the outcome of your asylum case. They renewed it because your case is till pending.

Did you transfer your SEVIS record to the new school after you finished your OPT? I suspect that you didn't do that. The SEVIS should be active in the new university even if you have not registered in the courses.

The EAD approval has nothing to do with the outcome of your asylum case. They renewed it because your case is till pending.
Yes I did transfer my Sevis in the new school few days before my interview. I even received my new i20 from the new school that I sent to the AO. The only thing g is that the new i20 says "pending transfer ". The advisor told me that I will receive a definitive I20 "without the mention pending transfer " after the classes have started (1st week of February "

Yes I did transfer my Sevis in the new school few days before my interview. I even received my new i20 from the new school that I sent to the AO. The only thing g is that the new i20 says "pending transfer ". The advisor told me that I will receive a definitive I20 "without the mention pending transfer " after the classes have started (1st week of February "
Was your OPT EAD still valid in summer-Fall 2019? I think USCIS did not give you a renewed asylum EAD because you already had a work permit from OPT.

Did you ever use your asylum EAD for off-campus work when you were not on OPT?