2018 Asylum Filers

Thanks for your response. We have a lawyer but she suggested to do nothing because if recently they reject the cases easily and if we expedite or contact congressman may harm our case. I don't know, we are done with waiting we don't know what it the best way.
Why does it harm your case?

There's no such thing as "calling the asylum office." If you want an update on your case, you'll have to contact them electronically, and they will usually only tell you exactly the same you get from the website when you enter you case#. They'll just tell you your case is "pending". Based on the time when you applied, unfortunately I fear you're probably stuck in the backlog of the backlog. :( So basically you were just about to get your interviews, when the new "last-in-first-out" policy came into place. So you were put back at the back of the long list of asylum applications. There are certain cases in which USCIS will grant an expedited interview. See if you qualify here. If your personal circumstances don't fall within one of these categories, I'm afraid there's really nothing you can do to expedite an interview. I would definitely recommend consulting with an attorney though and see if they have any other suggestions.
Anyone knows how long it usually takes to get a decision once someone did his or her expedited interview. I heard the expedited just to interview you only but the decision may take days or years like any regular case without expedited interview.
Is that true?

Anyone knows how long it usually takes to get a decision once someone did his or her expedited interview. I heard the expedited just to interview you only but the decision may take days or years like any regular case without expedited interview.
Is that true?

Yes, this is true. You'll just get interviewed sooner. But the decision after that can still take months or even years depending on your particular case, the officer assigned to the case, and the much dreaded "security checks." This is where "sometimes" asking for your Congress representatives' or Ombudsman's help might come in handy if it's taking too long. However, if the case is pending due to security checks, no one can help. You just have to wait until those are completed.

Hi friends,
I want to know usually how many months after the asylum interview we need to expect the decision. It is almost 1 year after my interview but still no-decision. My asylum office is in Chicago.

Hi friends,
I want to know usually how many months after the asylum interview we need to expect the decision. It is almost 1 year after my interview but still no-decision. My asylum office is in Chicago.
Mine was Chicago and I got my results one years after the interview.

Hi friend,
I am really frustrated. 13 months passed from the interview and 14 months from the filing and still, no decision. They said under background check. Does anybody in the same boat?

Hi friend,
I am really frustrated. 13 months passed from the interview and 14 months from the filing and still, no decision. They said under background check. Does anybody in the same boat?
under background check ?? Is this step here common for all cases, or its indication of approval?

Is that true?
Waiting for my decision over a year now after my expedited interview.

under background check ?? Is this step here common for all cases, or its indication of approval?
Not sure about the background check is before or after the final decision. Some people say it is a good sign that you are under background . It seems background check is for all cases but cases from travel ban countries take longer.
Are you in same boat?

I made several inquiries but I get the same response "No decision yet". Been a while though since my last inquiry
So sad. Try congressmen inquiry. They replied to me with "pending background check clearance". Anyway, in both situations, we just need to be patient and wait. When you filed and interviewed?