San Francisco Asylum Seekers 2019

Goshipk

Hi there, anybody who applied from SFO asylum office and got any update. Please keep posted here.
I applied in August 2019, till date no update after biometric. Please share your experience

Hi there, anybody who applied from SFO asylum office and got any update. Please keep posted here.
I applied in August 2019, till date no update after biometric. Please share your experience
Did you get a confirmation receipt yet?
If not, it means that your I-589 was lost in post. You need to refile

Did you get a confirmation receipt yet?
If not, it means that your I-589 was lost in post. You need to refile
Yup I got those receiving and had done biometric too. And now waiting for interview call. Did you apply from San Francisco office too ?

Did you check your case status on the USCIS website?

When you submit your application I-589 ? And please posted your experience here. Best wishes and good luck

When you submit your application I-589 ? And please posted your experience here. Best wishes and good luck

Filed in late October. Turned back by Nebraska.
Refiled in late November.
Captured biometrics in late December.
Interview notice received last week. However, interviews are subject to cancellation (and then they will reschedule) by USCIS, even on the day of interview.

Last edited:
Received EAD received notice. Was applied on 3rd January 2020. Hopefully rest of the process execute smoothly.

Filed in late October. Turned back by Nebraska.
Refiled in late November.
Captured biometrics in late December.
Interview notice received last week. However, interviews are subject to cancellation (and then they will reschedule) by USCIS, even on the day of interview.
Turned back by Nebraska ...Did they provide any reason?

Received EAD approval letter.... here are the case timeline;

Submitted I589: 3rd August 2019
Biometric: 30th August 2019
Submitted EAD application: 3rd January 2020
EAD approved: 31st January 2020

Current Status: Waiting for Interview

Any idea about an approximate timeframe for background checks? The interview was in the first week of December in SF office.
Depends on your country of nationality and your personal life.
Did you receive "Recommended for approval"? I've seen a person on this forum who got his approval 4 months after the recommendation. No way to tell