• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 Kenya

I went to replace the "analog" passport so as to acquire the digital one. I was asked for birth cert among other documents. But they realised my last name on birth cert is different plus a spelling mistake on middle name.
In my birth cert i use: Nick Derick Omondi
In all other documents(Kcse, kcpe, national id, old passport) i use: Nick Derrick Chris.
Chris is my surname. Omondi is ethnic name given to me by grandma to mean "born in the morning".
I had a similar problem while applying passport back in 2017 at Nairobi, however, i just presented affidavit from commissioner of oaths and the officer accepted. I thought i would do the same this time but they refused. I was asked to change name on birth cert to Nick Derrick Chris.
I'm kinda stranded cause, this same birth cert i had given to KCC together wth other documents and is under process. So i feel changing it will interfere wth a lot of things. Moreover, i had added the name "OMONDI" on ds-260 as other given names.
Ladies and Gentlemen what should i do??? Help !
You need to get a passport asap
If it means getting a new birth certificate, get it
Next will be to satisfy the CO that you are not a fraud but first things first
Get a passport

I went to replace the "analog" passport so as to acquire the digital one. I was asked for birth cert among other documents. But they realised my last name on birth cert is different plus a spelling mistake on middle name.
In my birth cert i use: Nick Derick Omondi
In all other documents(Kcse, kcpe, national id, old passport) i use: Nick Derrick Chris.
Chris is my surname. Omondi is ethnic name given to me by grandma to mean "born in the morning".
I had a similar problem while applying passport back in 2017 at Nairobi, however, i just presented affidavit from commissioner of oaths and the officer accepted. I thought i would do the same this time but they refused. I was asked to change name on birth cert to Nick Derrick Chris.
I'm kinda stranded cause, this same birth cert i had given to KCC together wth other documents and is under process. So i feel changing it will interfere wth a lot of things. Moreover, i had added the name "OMONDI" on ds-260 as other given names.
Ladies and Gentlemen what should i do??? Help !
I think you have no option but to change the birth certificate. You can keep a copy of it since you might have to explain to the CO about the birth certificate change if it comes up

Nope - no second draw. The documents email did alert some people that they were winners, but had not checked. The email itself has been confused with a 2NL, and yes - as a second draw. But the case numbers usually help to confirm it was not a second draw.
Thanks! (This person has a high CN, 65xxx, wasn’t sure what highest reported had been)

Thanks! (This person has a high CN, 65xxx, wasn’t sure what highest reported had been)

By the way, this year is the first time (at least for recent years) that an email has gone out that alerted some people that they were winners. So - it is one factor that will perhaps increase response rates (as well as the change that increased holes), and that is perhaps why it was decided to not go with a second draw.

We already have AF75XXX, so any second draw numbers (if that had happened) would be above that.
I didn't know that they could do an 2nd draw, Will they do it only when all number become current and there are still visas available so they do the 2nd draw to use the remaining visas?

I didn't know that they could do an 2nd draw, Will they do it only when all number become current and there are still visas available so they do the 2nd draw to use the remaining visas?

In some years there is a second draw to add applicants in September or October. It does not happen later than that.

Nope - no second draw. The documents email did alert some people that they were winners, but had not checked. The email itself has been confused with a 2NL, and yes - as a second draw. But the case numbers usually help to confirm it was not a second draw.
A man in Egypt reported that he checked the result in May and June , and the website said he wasn't selected , but in November , he got an email from KCC , congratulating him and asking him to send his documents . I think the mass emails sent to many people was a result of somehow " unannounced second draw " . Maybe ?

A man in Egypt reported that he checked the result in May and June , and the website said he wasn't selected , but in November , he got an email from KCC , congratulating him and asking him to send his documents . I think the mass emails sent to many people was a result of somehow " unannounced second draw " . Maybe ?

Was this man in Egypt’s case number above 75xxx?
We already know the “mass email” is not the second draw (which is never announced, by the way).