• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

Good evening @Sm1smom
Yesterday, came up in my mind that I have an account facebook with a different name. I totally forgot about that because I don't use it. When I was filling the DS260, I put all my social media accounts such as facebook, instagram and Linkedin forgetting this one. While I was using my computer, I logged off from my real account facebook and I noticed the old one with a fake name, so i thought to delete the account. It will take 30 days. Then, I remembered that in the ds260 I had to list all my social media accounts and I didn't put this one.
1)I would like to know if this may be a problem. I don't have nothing to hide because there was nothing in the account. Being honest, it was an account used to check my boyfriend.
2) If it is a problem, do you know at this point, If I can unlock my Ds 260 and add this account? (I just sent my AOS package).
I feel bad because i totally forgot about that

Good evening @Sm1smom
Yesterday, came up in my mind that I have an account facebook with a different name. I totally forgot about that because I don't use it. When I was filling the DS260, I put all my social media accounts such as facebook, instagram and Linkedin forgetting this one. While I was using my computer, I logged off from my real account facebook and I noticed the old one with a fake name, so i thought to delete the account. It will take 30 days. Then, I remembered that in the ds260 I had to list all my social media accounts and I didn't put this one.
1)I would like to know if this may be a problem. I don't have nothing to hide because there was nothing in the account. Being honest, it was an account used to check my boyfriend.
2) If it is a problem, do you know at this point, If I can unlock my Ds 260 and add this account? (I just sent my AOS package).

If this helps, i have reached out to KCC couple times regarding my DS-260 issues and they seem to be ok with the correct info provided since acc to them USCIS will not see your DS-260, its just for there records since we are processing AOS,those are the words coming from KCC person i spoke to over the phone coz in my case idk the start date of my college and or uni and they said keep the tentative one and that should do. Besides the CEAC page had some issues/bug on some accounts, one of happen to be mine for which I havent gotten chance to submit my DS-260 YET!, and I have told them ill be mailing out my AOS package next weekend, and they seem to be cool with it.
Goodluck..

Thanks for the update.

Can you also update the 2020 Timeline spreadsheet? Having the case progress/update in one place is a lot easier for others to reference as time goes by, the information is much more useful on the spreadsheet.
Already done! I can't tell you how much we appreciate that treasure trove.

Good evening @Sm1smom

1. Please use your discretion on what to do regarding this.
2. Yes it is still possible to unlock your DS260 form.

If this helps, i have reached out to KCC couple times regarding my DS-260 issues and they seem to be ok with the correct info provided since acc to them USCIS will not see your DS-260, its just for there records since we are processing AOS,those are the words coming from KCC person i spoke to over the phone coz in my case idk the start date of my college and or uni and they said keep the tentative one and that should do. Besides the CEAC page had some issues/bug on some accounts, one of happen to be mine for which I havent gotten chance to submit my DS-260 YET!, and I have told them ill be mailing out my AOS package next weekend, and they seem to be cool with it.
Goodluck..

Don’t take everything the KCC phone reps tell you as the gospel truth, especially when it comes to the AOS process.

USCIS will see the DS260, including any correspondence you’ve had with KCC. These will all be included in what you’ll soon start reading of here as the KCC file which must be sent to your FO before your AOS petition gets approved.

1. Please use your discretion on what to do regarding this.
2. Yes it is still possible to unlock your DS260 form.
Do you suggest to add it in the Ds260?
IfI leave like it is, i could easily explain to them in case they find this account.

Don’t take everything the KCC phone reps tell you as the gospel truth, especially when it comes to the AOS process.

USCIS will see the DS260, including any correspondence you’ve had with KCC. These will all be included in what you’ll soon start reading of here as the KCC file which must be sent to your FO before your AOS petition gets approved.

oh my god, i m lill nervous now since I tried to reach out to my school to find out but they said they have no records of those days and will take 2-4 days to find out, its been more than 2 week I am trying to reach out to them. So I wrote to KCC about not being sure of precise dates.

Mom do you have any suggestion as to what to do since the dates I am trying to find out is for my undergrad year, I do know my higher secondary school year exact dates tho.
(1) In this case, should I exclude the inclusion of my Bachelor's level of education and submit the DS-260, and attach all my school details transcripts in my AOS package for clarity?
(2) if I do so will that be counted as false information. I am really concerned now since my package is almost ready I am just waiting for finally found I-134 signer to send me the original form.
(3) also, will that be an issue if I am living in one state and my sponsor is from a different state and makes less than me but meets the income requirement? That person is my distant relative and so far is the only one I found who was comfortable with doing and submitting the whole req docs for I-134.

Thank you.

oh my god, i m lill nervous now since I tried to reach out to my school to find out but they said they have no records of those days and will take 2-4 days to find out, its been more than 2 week I am trying to reach out to them. So I wrote to KCC about not being sure of precise dates.

Mom do you have any suggestion as to what to do since the dates I am trying to find out is for my undergrad year, I do know my higher secondary school year exact dates tho.
(1) In this case, should I exclude the inclusion of my Bachelor's level of education and submit the DS-260, and attach all my school details transcripts in my AOS package for clarity?
(2) if I do so will that be counted as false information. I am really concerned now since my package is almost ready I am just waiting for finally found I-134 signer to send me the original form.

Thank you.

How odd that you’d think the solution to not knowing exact dates is just to leave out an entire degree that is asked for under the education section? I couldn’t remember exact dates either. I just wrote what I thought was about right. As long it’s about right (I’m not even sure I got the month right, much less the day) it’s fine.

How odd that you’d think the solution to not knowing exact dates is just to leave out an entire degree that is asked for under the education section? I couldn’t remember exact dates either. I just wrote what I thought was about right. As long it’s about right (I’m not even sure I got the month right, much less the day) it’s fine.

Thank you , thank you Susie, that's what i needed ...
Working on my DS-260 right now,, one more question on travel history, how to answer question length of stay in last five year in us visa since I am currently here and never left after my arrival been couple years, should I just quote the number of months I have been here for as of now?

Hi all,
USCIS is proposing to adjust fees to meet operational needs. Does anyone know if AOS fees without requesting for EAD card and Travel document will be subject to change or not?

(3) also, will that be an issue if I am living in one state and my sponsor is from a different state and makes less than me but meets the income requirement? That person is my distant relative and so far is the only one I found who was comfortable with doing and submitting the whole req docs for I-134.

Thank you.

1&2: You’re overthinking things. Guesstimate the dates, it’s okay to not have an exact start and ending dates (months and days), as long as the year is correct.

3. Okay, if the person’s annual income meets the applicable PGL for your combined households.

Thank you , thank you Susie, that's what i needed ...
Working on my DS-260 right now,, one more question on travel history, how to answer question length of stay in last five year in us visa since I am currently here and never left after my arrival been couple years, should I just quote the number of months I have been here for as of now?

Write how long you’ve been in the US as of the date of DS260 form submission.

Hi all,
USCIS is proposing to adjust fees to meet operational needs. Does anyone know if AOS fees without requesting for EAD card and Travel document will be subject to change or not?

Current AOS fee does not include EAD and/or AP filing fees - the fees are waived when filed based on a pending AOS petition. So the expected new AOS filing fee should equally have no bearing on whether the AOS package includes an EAD and/or AP petition or not.

Getting married after winning the lottery and before the interview.
I just realized that it makes sense for me and my girlfriend to get married now rather than for me to sponsor the green card after I become a permanent resident. We have been together for >4yrs so this is a genuine marriage and we plan on getting marriage certificate this week. She is in the US on J1 visa while I am on TPS.
Couple of questions:
1. I have filed DS260 with my status as being single. I just emailed KCC to unlock the form so that I can make the necessary changes. Do I need to email them my marriage certificate as well?
2. I have sent the $330 DV administrative fee. Is it going to be an issue to be sending the payment seperately?
3. Is getting married after winning the lottery a concern for the USCIS? How do I assure them that this is genuine? We will have the photos together, bank statement of joint account, we have had same address for >3 years. Any other documents?
4. What are the risks for my girlfriend if for some reason we do not get the green card? She was planning to go back home in 2021 to convert her J1 to F1? Does the immigration intent severly affect the prospects of her getting non-immigrant visa in the future?

Getting married after winning the lottery and before the interview.
I just realized that it makes sense for me and my girlfriend to get married now rather than for me to sponsor the green card after I become a permanent resident. We have been together for >4yrs so this is a genuine marriage and we plan on getting marriage certificate this week. She is in the US on J1 visa while I am on TPS.
Couple of questions:
1. I have filed DS260 with my status as being single. I just emailed KCC to unlock the form so that I can make the necessary changes. Do I need to email them my marriage certificate as well?
2. I have sent the $330 DV administrative fee. Is it going to be an issue to be sending the payment seperately?
3. Is getting married after winning the lottery a concern for the USCIS? How do I assure them that this is genuine? We will have the photos together, bank statement of joint account, we have had same address for >3 years. Any other documents?
4. What are the risks for my girlfriend if for some reason we do not get the green card? She was planning to go back home in 2021 to convert her J1 to F1? Does the immigration intent severly affect the prospects of her getting non-immigrant visa in the future?

1. No
2. It may create some confusion when the new payment is received since you already made a previous payment as single.
3. They’ll need to be convinced the marriage is genuine and not for immigration benefits.
4. Getting a new NIV after a demonstrated immigrant intent is usually hard, and may be tough to overcome since a NIV requires the applicant to demonstrate they do not have an immigrant intent.

1. No
2. It may create some confusion when the new payment is received since you already made a previous payment as single.
3. They’ll need to be convinced the marriage is genuine and not for immigration benefits.
4. Getting a new NIV after a demonstrated immigrant intent is usually hard, and may be tough to overcome since a NIV requires the applicant to demonstrate they do not have an immigrant intent.

Thank you

1&2: You’re overthinking things. Guesstimate the dates, it’s okay to not have an exact start and ending dates (months and days), as long as the year is correct.

3. Okay, if the person’s annual income meets the applicable PGL for your combined households.
thank you mom, submitted DS-260 finally ...

On form I485. What does this refer to?
If you are the principal applicant, provide the following information
1. Receipt number of underlying petition (if any)
2. Priority date of underlying petition

How do I answer this question.
Have you received public assistance in the United States from any source, including the U.S. Government or any state, county, city, or municipality (other than emergency medical treatment)?

I had public assistance in the form of MassHealth from July 2016-Dec 2016. Do I need to provide any other information apart from this? Is using public assistance one of the reasons why petition may be denied?