Waiting Asylum decision

@appobreno. #1. USCIS always automatically renews your EAD when asylum is granted. So it's a new EAD valid for 2 years. When you are granted asylum, you don't actually need an EAD to work, but it's a good idea to have one as it's a very handy and easy way to prove you have valid status to work and live in the US. There's no such thing as an unrestricted EAD. The EAD will help you get an SSN, but you need either the approval letter or your I-94 to be able to get an unrestricted SSN card.

#2. After you get your approval letter and your I-94, you can file an application for a Refugee Travel Document. It takes an average of 6 months to get one. It's very important you don't leave the country until after you receive it. You cannot come back to the US without a valid Refugee Travel Document. Also, you cannot travel using your passport if you have one. You must travel using only the Refugee Travel Document. And under no circumstances should you go back to your home country. 2 week trips are OK, but try not to spend too much time outside of the US until you get a green card one year from now.
Thank you very much. I recieved the approval leter yersterday. and all other documents like the i 94 then my EAD has been ordered for production.

It took 9 months all together.
file on 12/12/2018
biometrics 12/31/2018
Interview 01/08/2019
Approval 09/04/2019

Thank you very much. I recieved the approval leter yersterday. and all other documents like the i 94 then my EAD has been ordered for production.

file on 12/12/2018
biometrics 12/31/2018
Interview 01/08/2019
Approval 09/04/2019
Wow. Do they really collect biometrics on Dec 31? I expected the office to be closed on New year's Eve.

Sometimes if USCIS is not convinced enough, the case will take longer because it will go from officer to officer and investigations to investigations before any decision! In some cases from 2 weeks decision to 11 years so far (approval or denial). Good luck to you. Just wait and pray. The only thing I suggest you can request an info-pass at your local office if your case is out of processing time. Hope that will help you.

file on 12/12/2018
biometrics 12/31/2018
Interview 01/08/2019
Approval 09/04/2019
Congratulations. :)

Yes she was included and she is not in the US

Mmm, I'm not sure about this one. From what I know, a dependent family member must be physically present in the US to be included in your asylum application, as they must also be fingerprinted and must go through a background check. If they are not physically present, then you have to file form I-730 within 2 years of being granted asylum to bring them here. My guess is that you'll still have to file that form, and she'll have to go through that process. If you used an attorney s/he can tell you. Or perhaps one of our more senior members here knows more about this particular situation.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/8/1208.21

Hi, guys, the status changed today to decision mailed. Please find a photo attached. I am in F-1 status and had just one interview did not receive NOID. is approval or denial?

Thanks.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    112.3 KB · Views: 124
Hi guys, did anyone receive the decision recently from SF Office? I've been waiting for 2 years and a month.
I start feeling insecure and worry about it. :confused: Can anyone who has a case under SF share about the decision waiting process?

I tried to email to SF USCIS but no answer and the phone number can not receive voicemail anymore and no one picks it up.

I live in Washington.

Hi guys,
have you had a situation where the date when the fees were waived is back dated? My status updated to fees were waived on Dec 21st, 2018. I had my interview on Dec 7th, 2018. Is it possible that the decision was made since Dec 2018? attached, please find a picture of the current status.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Capture_fees waived.JPG
    Capture_fees waived.JPG
    101.4 KB · Views: 67
I have a similar situation. My case is with the supervisory review at Arlington office as well since June 2019. Still no decision is made. I am wondering what is going on at the supervisory review.

Hi, guys, the status changed today to decision mailed. Please find a photo attached. I am in F-1 status and had just one interview did not receive NOID. is approval or denial?

Thanks.
You case has been approved I was on F1 STATUS as well and it was approved earliar this month. You are okay. I recived everything from the mail man already. Congratulations.

You case has been approved I was on F1 STATUS as well and it was approved earliar this month. You are okay. I recived everything from the mail man already. Congratulations.

@appobreno thanks or your reply. You said your dates where far back in March when your fees were waived. So does it mean your case was approved in March but you received the final letter in September? and what is the approval date on your I-94? Am asking because mine says fees were waived in Dec 2018 so I don't know if thats the date my case was approved. I have not received anything yet. Thanks

when you guys received approval letter(not recommended approval), was it a certified mail(which need signature of delivered person) or it just left in the mail box.

@appobreno thanks or your reply. You said your dates where far back in March when your fees were waived. So does it mean your case was approved in March but you received the final letter in September? and what is the approval date on your I-94? Am asking because mine says fees were waived in Dec 2018 so I don't know if thats the date my case was approved. I have not received anything yet. Thanks
Mine said fees were waived in March but when I received the approval notice it said on my i-94 and the later that it was approved on the 09/04/2019