Waiting Asylum decision

Early August , they asked me back for decision on August 15 th but due to family issue i asked for the mail . Now I am regretful ! I coukd know the decision by mid August

Hey! I just want to update you guys with my case. Today I got my final denial and I'm totally dumbfounded. I'm still in OPT status. My lawyer was a fraud and he destroyed my good case and I lost all my saving for this case. Please make sure if you hire a lawyer, they need to be reliable and professional.

I have a question, would this denial affect applying for work visas like O1, H1B or EB CAT? or even after GC? Thank you so much!

Hey! I just want to update you guys with my case. Today I got my final denial and I'm totally dumbfounded. I'm still in OPT status. My lawyer was a fraud and he destroyed my good case and I lost all my saving for this case. Please make sure if you hire a lawyer, they need to be reliable and professional.

I have a question, would this denial affect applying for work visas like O1, H1B or EB CAT? or even after GC? Thank you so much!
I am sorry to hear that. I am pretty sure your will be fine for your H1B and future green card as long as the reason of deny asylum wasn't fraudulent claims.
Can I ask you what was the reason of denial?

I am sorry to hear that. I am pretty sure your will be fine for your H1B and future green card as long as the reason of deny asylum wasn't fraudulent claims.
Can I ask you what was the reason of denial?

Thanks! I couldn't convince AO with my new evidence and the rebuttal that my claim is credible and consistent. I have a question can I ask what do you mean by denying asylum wasn’t fraudulent claims?it got me worried. my case was religious.

Thanks! I couldn't convince AO with my new evidence and the rebuttal that my claim is credible and consistent. I have a question can I ask what do you mean by denying asylum wasn’t fraudulent claims?it got me worried. my case was religious.
It means your asylum bases should be real claims not fraudulent claim.
Fraudulent asylum means you made things up to get asylum.
But the reason you said was that you did not have enough evidence to support your case which it doesn't mean your claims was fraudulent. So I think you can go on with your opt and find a job and stay in USA that way or you can apply for asylum again and give yourself another chance.
I don't remember where but when I was applying for green card there was one question that ask have I ever made a fraudulent claims for asylum.
It was generic question and I don't remember it was i485 or DS260 but that is the only things that was about asylum in green card process.

It means your asylum bases should be real claims not fraudulent claim.
Fraudulent asylum means you made things up to get asylum.
But the reason you said was that you did not have enough evidence to support your case which it doesn't mean your claims was fraudulent. So I think you can go on with your opt and find a job and stay in USA that way or you can apply for asylum again and give yourself another chance.
I don't remember where but when I was applying for green card there was one question that ask have I ever made a fraudulent claims for asylum.
It was generic question and I don't remember it was i485 or DS260 but that is the only things that was about asylum in green card process.

Thank you so much for your answer! Yes, I'm pretty sure my claim is not fraudulent. even though I got denied, I still can't come back home since my case is vulnerable and sensitive.

Hey Sunny

I’m so sorry to hear that. You still have a chance for all those employment based avenues as long as you maintain status. Also, your asylum application was not “frivolous”. Meaning that it was not very weak. Anyone who submits a frivolous asylum claim will be banned from any form of US Immigration and relief.

I asked my lawyer about the terms of reapplying for asylum and she said if you are still in status you can apply again but you must put forward a reason for your second application. One acceptable reason could your attorney’s malpractice.

Hey Sunny

I’m so sorry to hear that. You still have a chance for all those employment based avenues as long as you maintain status. Also, your asylum application was not “frivolous”. Meaning that it was not very weak. Anyone who submits a frivolous asylum claim will be banned from any form of US Immigration and relief.

I asked my lawyer about the terms of reapplying for asylum and she said if you are still in status you can apply again but you must put forward a reason for your second application. One acceptable reason could your attorney’s malpractice.

Thanks so much for asking this. I'm determined to stay on my status and apply for O1 soon or H1b through my company. But I'm not sure if I can reapply again for asylum anytime soon since I spent all my saving on this case and also I have to find another lawyer.

Anyway, good luck to you and I'm pretty sure you'll get the outcome you want soon.

Hey since you had interview such a long time ago, are you still in status? If so, do you think the decision slowed if you are in status?
He probably filed in 2016-17 that he had his interview in Feb 2018. It is natural to take such a long time for him. USCIS says they give lower priority to those who have status.

Hello am new to this forum. I just wish to ask if there is anybody who was interviewed in Anahiem in January 2019 and is still waiting for decision. And that who knows the year that this anahiem office is treating their cases now at the moment.

Hello am new to this forum. I just wish to ask if there is anybody who was interviewed in Anahiem in January 2019 and is still waiting for decision. And that who knows the year that this anahiem office is treating their cases now at the moment.
it depends on who ao is

It depends on the AO and also when you applied. Did you get your interview 40-60 days after you filed asylum? or did you apply years ago?

Hello. I just want to ask if there is anybody who was interviewed in Omaha USCIS Office in January 2019 and is still waiting for decision.

It depends on the AO and also when you applied. Did you get your interview 40-60 days after you filed asylum? or did you apply years ago?
Hello my interview was few days after I files, It was actually within the 45 days. Because I file in 10th of december 2018 and my interviw was on the 8th of january 2019. till now no decision yet.

Hello my interview was few days after I files, It was actually within the 45 days. Because I file in 10th of december 2018 and my interviw was on the 8th of january 2019. till now no decision yet.
Looks like the poster above has also been waiting since Jan 2019.

Hello everyone !
Can any one help me to understand what that means:
I checked my status this morning around 11 online and it say Decision were mailed.
Please see the attached pic highlighted. 6EA0C9B3-3019-4652-917D-F345B97E1A6F.jpeg