• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

Hi Rafael! welcome to this forum! I'm from Venezuela too and this is my second time winning the DVLottery. Last time I had a really high number and I didn't make it to the interview. This year my number is even higher, but we still don't know where are we standing.
My first advice would be to NOT send your DS260 just yet. Wait a little and see how things develop in the months to come. We have found numbers up to 39XX and we don't know if there are higher ones.
Also, keep in touch, we have a thread for South America and the Caribbean winners. Maybe we make it :)
Si llegas a tener grupo me podrías avisar

There's a South American and the caribbean thread you can join... There we will share tips and procedures about our process. Join us and we can help each other.

Hello everyone! Can you tell me what I have to write to: Provide the following information on all educational institutions at a secondary level or above you have attended.
Why I ask about... So I have master degrees...must I include information also about Hight School Diploma, or need to include just University studies? Thx a lot!

Hello everyone! Can you tell me what I have to write to: Provide the following information on all educational institutions at a secondary level or above you have attended.
Why I ask about... So I have master degrees...must I include information also about Hight School Diploma, or need to include just University studies? Thx a lot!

"all educational institutions at a secondary level or above you have attended "

That's clear isn't it?

"all educational institutions at a secondary level or above you have attended "

That's clear isn't it?
Sorry but really isn.t clear... there is written: secondary level OR above... that is why I asked need to include just above or also secondary level.. Also on that page I didn.t find answer at my question... there is written just about High School Diploma ..

Last edited:
Sorry but really isn.t clear... there is written: secondary level OR above... that is why I asked need to include just above or also secondary level.. Also on that page I didn.t find answer at my question... there is written just about High School Diploma ..

It says ALL institutions .... it doesn't say "and above" because not everyone has attended post secondary.

So I looked into bulletin 2019 for June and it says all countries are CURRENT!!. Does it mean that after the certain number of participants is processed the rest of them just become current and ready to proceed? How do people know that their number didn`t make it till the end? Do they receive an email or smth?

So I looked into bulletin 2019 for June and it says all countries are CURRENT!!.
You are aware that applies to DV2019, not to DV2020, right?

Does it mean that after the certain number of participants is processed the rest of them just become current and ready to proceed? How do people know that their number didn`t make it till the end? Do they receive an email or smth?
"Current" roughly means that there should be enough visas for everybody interested in obtaining them. If for some reason you won't make a cut, there's no email or anything.

So I looked into bulletin 2019 for June and it says all countries are CURRENT!!. Does it mean that after the certain number of participants is processed the rest of them just become current and ready to proceed? How do people know that their number didn`t make it till the end? Do they receive an email or smth?

I'm pretty sure you posted in the wrong thread --> https://forums.immigration.com/threads/vb-for-august-2019-everyone-current-for-august.341077/

congrats on "being current" !

Thanks for your responses. I`m just analyzing the last year`s results and trying to prepare a course of actions for next year.

Hi!

Does anyone know how long we have to wait before we hear back on submitting our documents?

I just moved to a different country last month and I’m not sure whether I should get a police certificate. I know we only have to get a police certificate if we’ve lived in the country for 6 months, but because my case number is low (OC1XX), I’m expecting my interview will be in October/November, which will then be the 6 month mark in my new country. Do you think I should get a police certificate now? I also have a police certificate from my home country (which I no longer live in) that is dated in January this year. Will I also need to get a new police certificate for my home country?

Thanks for the help!

Hi!

Does anyone know how long we have to wait before we hear back on submitting our documents?

I just moved to a different country last month and I’m not sure whether I should get a police certificate. I know we only have to get a police certificate if we’ve lived in the country for 6 months, but because my case number is low (OC1XX), I’m expecting my interview will be in October/November, which will then be the 6 month mark in my new country. Do you think I should get a police certificate now? I also have a police certificate from my home country (which I no longer live in) that is dated in January this year. Will I also need to get a new police certificate for my home country?

Thanks for the help!

Err on the side of caution. Get police certs for both countries.

Hi.. July seems current. Did you apply ? Did you get the 2NL letter ?

July seems current for most of the regions.. Did you apply for July... what about your 2NL ?

You are creating confusion with the questions you’re asking. This is a DV2020 thread - no DV 2020 selectee is current, the FY is yet to start. The current VB is for DV2019 selectees, it is not applicable to the people you’re asking if they’ve received their 2NL or if they already applied.

You are creating confusion with the questions you’re asking. This is a DV2020 thread - no DV 2020 selectee is current, the FY is yet to start. The current VB is for DV2019 selectees, it is not applicable to the people you’re asking if they’ve received their 2NL or if they already applied.

Sorry for the confusion... Please correct me if I am wrong, Does DV 2020 means those who applied in Oct 2018 and got selected this year ? What does DV 2019 mean when the US Bulletin publishes the the monthly news letter. is it for those who applied in Oct of 2017 ?