• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

I wish you had responded to the actual questions I asked. You mostly provided “reasons” and haven’t provided actual responses to the questions asked. So let’s give this one more shot:

1. Your arrival date was August 2018, and you were granted a 6 month duration of stay which expired in February 2019, correct?

2. When did you file for an extension and when was this approved? (Provide month and year for both only please).

3a. Your CN is AF20xxx, correct?
3b. Since you introduced the element of citizenship to question 3 - is the selectee born in Africa or Asia?

4. (This is based on the additional note you added to your response) What do you mean by your “US company”? Have you been working in the US since you came in on a visitor’s visa?

Hello,

Below are the answers of your questions.

1. Your arrival date was August 2018, and you were granted a 6 month duration of stay which expired in February 2019, correct? Yes correct

2. When did you file for an extension and when was this approved? (Provide month and year for both only please). I filed it in January 2019 and has been approved.

3a. Your CN is AF20xxx, correct? Yes correct AF20XXX

3b. Since you introduced the element of citizenship to question 3 - is the selected born in Africa or Asia? Yes in Africa

4. (This is based on the additional note you added to your response) What do you mean by your “US company”? Have you been working in the US since you came in on a visitor’s visa? No, I was trying to say that I have on going visas H1B and L1A, in case my B2 expires can I keep working on my DV?

Or practically either, as your stay expires August and DV2020 only starts in October. It’s not clear whether your case number is AF or AS, but either way your case number won’t be current early.

It’s a little confusing you talk about being in the US on a B visa for a year total but also about a L1 from your company. Can you clarify? If you have done any work in the US on a B visa you have violated status, a factor that would make you ineligible to adjust anyway. Can you also clarify that uscis has actually approved your I539 till end August 2019?

Hello,
no of course I havnt done work for my us organization since I know the law about that, i was just trying to say that I have an ongoing visa processes (l1 and H1B). Yes my I-539 has been approved Correct.

If you are not working now why do you say “keep working”? Anyway, you said your B2 status expires August. You likely would not get a DV visa until sometime in 2020.

Hello,
Well, I mean keep working on my visa process in case the H1B or L1 works since my B2 expires next August. thank you for trying to help me though.

Last edited:
Hi mom,

By the way thank you very very much for the AOS Process and Documents, I wish I could have it since the beginning, it helps too much. After reading I think it might be enough to start the DV application process.
Thank you again

Hello,

Below are the answers of your questions.

1. Your arrival date was August 2018, and you were granted a 6 month duration of stay which expired in February 2019, correct? Yes correct

2. When did you file for an extension and when was this approved? (Provide month and year for both only please). I filed it in January 2019 and has been approved.

3a. Your CN is AF20xxx, correct? Yes correct AF20XXX

3b. Since you introduced the element of citizenship to question 3 - is the selected born in Africa or Asia? Yes in Africa

4. (This is based on the additional note you added to your response) What do you mean by your “US company”? Have you been working in the US since you came in on a visitor’s visa? No, I was trying to say that I have on going visas H1B and L1A, in case my B2 expires can I keep working on my DV?

Based on the information you’ve provided, you will be out of status by the time your CN becomes current. Once you fall out of status, you become ineligible to process your DV selection via AOS.

You need to unlock your DS260, update your info and change to CP. Then make sure you depart from the US before your current status expires.

Like Susie already pointed out, if you’ve been working in the US, you are in violation of your B2 and are already out of status by the way.

Also it is not possible for someone to have ongoing H1B and L1A status at the same time, unless you mean to say ongoing processing as in petitions have been filed on your behalf.

Based on the information you’ve provided, you will be out of status by the time your CN becomes current. Once you fall out of status, you become ineligible to process your DV selection via AOS.

You need to unlock your DS260, update your info and change to CP. Then make sure you depart from the US before your current status expires.

Like Susie already pointed out, if you’ve been working in the US, you are in violation of your B2 and are already out of status by the way.

Also it is not possible for someone to have ongoing H1B and L1A status at the same time, unless you mean to say ongoing processing as in petitions have been filed on your behalf.

Hello,
You need to unlock your DS260, update your info and change to CP. Then make sure you depart from the US before your current status expires. Thank you very much for that answer
Like Susie already pointed out, if you’ve been working in the US, you are in violation of your B2 and are already out of status by the way. As I mentioned it was just to inform that I have another petitions already filed and they are suppose to be done before September. But I m clear I m not working under the B2.
Also it is not possible for someone to have ongoing H1B and L1A status at the same time, unless you mean to say ongoing processing as in petitions have been filed on your behalf. Yes correct, the H1B and L1 petitions has been filed.

Hello,
You need to unlock your DS260, update your info and change to CP. Then make sure you depart from the US before your current status expires. Thank you very much for that answer
Like Susie already pointed out, if you’ve been working in the US, you are in violation of your B2 and are already out of status by the way. As I mentioned it was just to inform that I have another petitions already filed and they are suppose to be done before September. But I m clear I m not working under the B2.
Also it is not possible for someone to have ongoing H1B and L1A status at the same time, unless you mean to say ongoing processing as in petitions have been filed on your behalf. Yes correct, the H1B and L1 petitions has been filed.

Is your H1B application already chosen in the lottery for this year, or is it cap exempt?

How will you qualify for L1 if you haven’t worked for a year (by August)?

Hello,
Well, I mean keep working on my visa process in case the H1B or L1 works since my B2 expires next August. thank you for trying to help me though.

Yes the processing can continue post August, it however wouldn’t extend your authorized stay while it is pending. You will need to depart and only return upon approval.

Hello Susie,
I definitely understood you and I will be leaving before it expires since I haven't done that in my life and I wont do it here though. I m an entrepreneur and need to keep great my background since I have organization in abroad.
Thank you for your answers, appreciated that

Hello,

Do you currently work in a leadership position for this company in your home country?

All the necessary information for CP have been provided by KCC - there are links on your selectee NL, follow the links and the links within the pages from the original link - so there’s no need for a CP spreadsheet.
Great;
Thank you!
Question: In case one of my filed visa is approved before August 2019, will I be able to unlock the DS-260 and choose AOS again?

So who will be left to run the company if you move to the US on L1?

Still waiting for the answers re H1B petition asked above - picked in lottery or cap exempt?
Hey mom,

So who will be left to run the company if you move to the US on L1? Yes, I will working as CEO

Still waiting for the answers re H1B petition asked above - picked in lottery or cap exempt? It has been filed in April, we are waiting the decision.

Hey mom,

So who will be left to run the company if you move to the US on L1? Yes, I will working as CEO

Still waiting for the answers re H1B petition asked above - picked in lottery or cap exempt? It has been filed in April, we are waiting the decision.

I’m not mom. Can you please....answer the actual questions that are asked.

1. You can’t be in the US on L1 and running the company in your home country at the same time. Who will be running the company in your home country while you are in the US?

2. Again - did you file for cap exempt H1? The 2020 results are out afaik (someone correct me if I’m wrong) so I am assuming you were not picked in the lottery if you are still waiting for a decision.