• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

Hi there,
I'm not sure about the other questions you have since I'm new to all this and I don't want to give you a wrong answer
But I'm curious about the 5th one and I have 2 questions:
1 - why do you consider this as an admission withdraw? You needed to leave Canada to go through the Canadian border and validate your Canadian visa and that's it. It is like you went to the USA but stayed only for a couple of minutes instead of couple of days.
2 - You have to mention in the DS260 all times you went to USA, do you think you need to include the flagpole as well? I did the flagpole but I didn't put in the DS260. Reading your question made me think I probably need to include it because in theory I went to the USA even though I stayed there for 10 minutes only

1 - I have a stamp on my passport that clearly says that, I think that if it's on the passport it will be registered somewhere else too, I ticked YES in the question "have you ever been refused entry in the US..." and explained everything.

2 - Yes I did mentioned all the times I went to USA, but doing Flagpole basically denies entry to the US in order to turn around and go back to the Canadian side. So I did write that experience in the question mentioned above, hope I'm doing it right..

1 - I have a stamp on my passport that clearly says that, I think that if it's on the passport it will be registered somewhere else too, I ticked YES in the question "have you ever been refused entry in the US..." and explained everything.

2 - Yes I did mentioned all the times I went to USA, but doing Flagpole basically denies entry to the US in order to turn around and go back to the Canadian side. So I did write that experience in the question mentioned above, hope I'm doing it right..
I'm not sure it is a denial, but I'm probably missing something
What if you got a 6 months visa but never went to the USA for any reason, is this a denial as well?

Ok I really don't know why the spam filter won't allow me to post anything at all. Admins, please fix it, it's frustrating.
for Susie: I don't have a University degree, but my diploma grants me access to an italian one, not sure about a us one.
I can't post the link as the forum thinks it's spam.. will send you trough PMs
for wba: that I don't know unfortunately.

Ok I really don't know why the spam filter won't allow me to post anything at all. Admins, please fix it, it's frustrating.
for Susie: I don't have a University degree, but my diploma grants me access to an italian one, not sure about a us one.
o pb, I will let you know if I find out

What if you got a 6 months visa but never went to the USA for any reason, is this a denial as well?

Having a US visa and not using it is not an admission denial. It simply means you have an expired US visa.

There’s nothing to fix, what you’re experiencing is one of the safety measures put in place to help reduce spamming. The website isn’t letting you post links because it sees your account as a new one. When you have what the system considers adequate posts, it will let you post links.

There’s nothing to fix, what you’re experiencing is one of the safety measures put in place to help reduce spamming. The website isn’t letting you post links because it sees your account as a new one. When you have what the system considers adequate posts, it will let you post links.

Oh, that explains why I couldn’t post at all, thank you!

@WBA, one way to flagpole is not to actually enter the US - you just tell them (CBP) you are flagpoling and they give you a form to sign withdrawing application for entry (or something like that), this is technically a refusal (but it’s because you wanted to be denied entry). So you don’t actually enter the US and just go back to the Canadian border post. I gather the way you were doing it was different, you actually crossed the border then turned around and came back?

Reactions: WBA
@WBA, one way to flagpole is not to actually enter the US - you just tell them (CBP) you are flagpoling and they give you a form to sign withdrawing application for entry (or something like that), this is technically a refusal (but it’s because you wanted to be denied entry). So you don’t actually enter the US and just go back to the Canadian border post. I gather the way you were doing it was different, you actually crossed the border then turned around and came back?
Correct, I physically crossed the borders, went through the US border process then turned around within 5/10 minutes to go through the CAN borders. Basically it was a visit to the USA for 10 minutes, I didn't deny entering the USA. I assume I need to report this short visit in the DS260, right?

Correct, I physically crossed the borders, went through the US border process then turned around within 5/10 minutes to go through the CAN borders. Basically it was a visit to the USA for 10 minutes, I didn't deny entering the USA. I assume I need to report this short visit in the DS260, right?
Yes.

On the other side, as for me, I did include, in the "have you been ever denied entry to the US" section, the "refusal of admission" in the DS260 explaining everything in the comment box including my canadian visa number too (so they can verify it), am I doing it correctly?

On the other side, as for me, I did include, in the "have you been ever denied entry to the US" section, the "refusal of admission" in the DS260 explaining everything in the comment box including my canadian visa number too (so they can verify it), am I doing it correctly?
I don't know about the answer but I think they are not like robots, if you get an interview you can clarify the situation and I think they have all means to verify what you are saying. I think your situation is a detail at this stage but could be very important once you are in front of the interviewer

Hi everyone. Who shall I write in case I don`t receive notification or e-mail with the link to upload docs. I`ve read on the forum that you can simply send your documents without that notification, but still confused is there something like e-mail address or you send physical copies?

Hey people,
I had to unlock the DS260, now that I'm done editing it should I re-submit it or send an email to the KCC asking them to lock it?
Might be a dumb question as the KCC after unlocking told me:
"Please note that unlocked DS-260s should be resubmitted as soon as the necessary changes are made"
But I thought I ask anyway

Hi everyone. Who shall I write in case I don`t receive notification or e-mail with the link to upload docs. I`ve read on the forum that you can simply send your documents without that notification, but still confused is there something like e-mail address or you send physical copies?
I'm new to all this as well, but as far as I know you don't send any physical copies since you have to take them to your interview.
Are there cases when people don't receive such a notification?

Read this post from Simon's blog - it should help you understand what you need to do and has links to information on where you need to send your docs
http://britsimonsays.com/dv2019-selectees-not-yet-interviewed-please-read-this/

Hi everybody!
Do I have to submit DS-260 forms for all derivative in my case even though they are not immigrating to USA? not even later. what if I submit for me only as principal applicants and not for derivatives? will my application be processed?

Hi everybody! and Congrats
Do I have to submit DS-260 forms for all derivative in my case even though they are not immigrating to USA? not even later. what if I submit for me only as principal applicants and not for derivatives? will my application be processed?

Hi everybody!

No DS260 required for none migrating derivatives.

May I ask why are your derivatives not migrating, not even later?

I'm new to all this as well, but as far as I know you don't send any physical copies since you have to take them to your interview.
Are there cases when people don't receive such a notification?

Electronic copies are now required to be emailed in advance of being scheduled for an interview