Waiting Asylum decision

Once you case is denied/referred days stop counting on USCIS website but status keeps showing RUNNING. Decision mailed and clock running means referral to court / denial. Do not pay attention to the actual digits as they won't change on this website anymore.

Do you have any idea if someone had his/her interview and while waiting for the decision, the persons moves to a different state. Would the case be given to a different AO in different Asylum location to give decision ?

Do you have any idea if someone had his/her interview and while waiting for the decision, the persons moves to a different state. Would the case be given to a different AO in different Asylum location to give decision ?

Only in case they decide to call a person in for a 2nd interview then they will send the entire file to new Asylum Office. Otherwise decision will just be mailed to a new address.

Only in case they decide to call a person in for a 2nd interview then they will send the entire file to new Asylum Office. Otherwise decision will just be mailed to a new address.

Actually I have a second interview but no decision yet. The AO just said we’ll mail you the decision but no specific time frame. This is the third week after my 2nd interview and everything is running. However , I am planning to move close to friends in nearby state.

Actually I have a second interview but no decision yet. The AO just said we’ll mail you the decision but no specific time frame. This is the third week after my 2nd interview and everything is running. However , I am planning to move close to friends in nearby state.
Could you please tell how your second interview was like ? I was interviewed in August 2018 for the first time and I am called for second interview in next couple of weeks. Did you figure out any unresolved isssues that they failed to address in the first interview.... Or, it was same as the first interview. I felt they cover everything in the first interview, and I am not sure why they would call me for a second interview after almost a year.....

Also, which asylum office was your second interview held ?

Could you please tell how your second interview was like ? I was interviewed in August 2018 for the first time and I am called for second interview in next couple of weeks. Did you figure out any unresolved isssues that they failed to address in the first interview.... Or, it was same as the first interview. I felt they cover everything in the first interview, and I am not sure why they would call me for a second interview after almost a year.....

Just asked me if I have any updates, evidence and brought up one or two points from the previous interview asking me for clarification. It is short compared to the previous one.

Once you case is denied/referred days stop counting on USCIS website but status keeps showing RUNNING. Decision mailed and clock running means referral to court / denial. Do not pay attention to the actual digits as they won't change on this website anymore.
Not necessarily. When the decision is mailed and the clock is still running, it could be a recommended approval, as the applicant still not finally approved, his/her clock keeps running until they either receive the final grant or referred to IC in case his/her security check did not clear.

I had my friend checked my mailbox for me, unfortunately, there was no letter from USCIS. I called SF Asylum Office yesterday and left a voicemail. Hopefully, I can get a response by the end of this week... finger crossed!

I had my friend checked my mailbox for me, unfortunately, there was no letter from USCIS. I called SF Asylum Office yesterday and left a voicemail. Hopefully, I can get a response by the end of this week... finger crossed!

Check again today at the end of the day.

Be prepared to a long wait. I'm just saying that some people wait for decision many months.

The person I know had a 2nd interview in Jan 2019 got her approval letter at the beginning of May 2019.

Not necessarily. When the decision is mailed and the clock is still running, it could be a recommended approval, as the applicant still not finally approved, his/her clock keeps running until they either receive the final grant or referred to IC in case his/her security check did not clear.

That's actually true. But recommended approval usually issued soon after the interview (usually within a month). I haven't seen one issued after long wait.