• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 Oceania Selectees

Hi everyone, congrats to all the other OC selectees!

I'm a little nervous as I am a 13XX selectee for the DV2020. It looks as though I have pretty good odds as most recent VB's have maxed at 14XX or current. Should I be concerned?

Brit posted a link to his VB numbers which has all this information but I also want to point out that what you have posted here isn't entirely correct. You have overlooked the years that became current - meaning all selectees were able to be interviewed, 2017 was one of those years.

Omg I thought current meant they weren't interviewing anymore people, that they had enough already, so that's great!

Yes, please make sure you read the instructions on the website linked from your selection letter about adding derivatives acquired after entry. Bear in mind the embassy is likely to be suspicious of “green card marriages” after selection so be sure to take evidence that the relationship/marriage is genuine when you go to interview.
Reason why I asked such question coz am currently out of my country of origin and may return by end of August. Till then I can't get married to my girl who is in my birth country. But I reckon I got to submit DS260 asap before i end up losing my spot in the que right. My CN is 1XX

Reason why I asked such question coz am currently out of my country of origin and may return by end of August. Till then I can't get married to my girl who is in my birth country. But I reckon I got to submit DS260 asap before i end up losing my spot in the que right. My CN is 1XX

Whoa, hold your horses. If you submit your DS260 before marriage, you will have to "unlock" and "reopen" it to add your new wife, and that becomes really hard to do if your interview has already been scheduled - which could well have happened by the end of August with such a low number (interviews are usually scheduled 6-8 weeks in advance). It may be better to wait to submit when you can add her. You won't "lose" your place in the queue, you will just be scheduled in the next available month after you have submitted and had everything processed. A delay for that might be risky for someone with a high number, but for you not a big deal if you end up interviewing in November or December rather than October.

Whoa, hold your horses. If you submit your DS260 before marriage, you will have to "unlock" and "reopen" it to add your new wife, and that becomes really hard to do if your interview has already been scheduled - which could well have happened by the end of August with such a low number (interviews are usually scheduled 6-8 weeks in advance). It may be better to wait to submit when you can add her. You won't "lose" your place in the queue, you will just be scheduled in the next available month after you have submitted and had everything processed. A delay for that might be risky for someone with a high number, but for you not a big deal if you end up interviewing in November or December rather than October.
Thanks friend. Great help indeed. Appreciate

Hello - my CN is 17XX so very high. Seems unlikely I'll get an interview. Is someone able to confirm what it means when the VB has the threshold number as CURRENT? Does it mean all case numbers are eligible?

Thanks!

Hello - my CN is 17XX so very high. Seems unlikely I'll get an interview. Is someone able to confirm what it means when the VB has the threshold number as CURRENT? Does it mean all case numbers are eligible?

Thanks!
It is pretty high I’m sure once we see the final figures for cn’s issued for OC it will give you a clearer idea. Good luck though.

Bula Raj

Are you intending on getting interviewed in Fiji or are you looking at doing your interview in the country you are currently in?

Thanks!
Current means all CNs are eligible for interview

Bula Raj

Are you intending on getting interviewed in Fiji or are you looking at doing your interview in the country you are currently in?
Thanks friend for your response. I will have to return to my country of origin because my Visa for here will expire before the scheduled date. Unless there is any option

Be sure to read the link that BritSimon posted above. It will give you a clearer overview on what’s going on.

The person that Simon was replying to was extremely lazy in his post... it’s crappy that folks want answers that are clear and concise without extending the same courtesy to the group.

Cry babies.... really come on. You came here asking for help, it was given. The information you get here is invaluable but you go ahead making a fool of yourself.

Nah. I can be FAR more rude than that.

smiley-laughing-to-tears.png

Cry babies.... really come on. You came here asking for help, it was given. The information you get here is invaluable but you go ahead making a fool of yourself.
Oile you making fun of yourself friend. You sound funny to me. Anyways drop this hear because am not one of those cry babies to keep dragging small stuffs. Chill mate. I reckon there are better stuffs for you to talk to. Thanks

Excited to be here! I'm OC..1XXX. Currently in the US, still reading up on AOS vs CP. Thank goodness for this forum and it's links! Happy long weekend to all.