• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

Hi to all the new & veteran members of this thread!
I’m a DV2020 selectee with the craziest number that have ever surfaced; I guess; AF68XXX.
Since I’m new to the whole thing, I wanted to ask about what is the favorable time to submit DS-260 form because some youtube vlogers keep insisting on the importance of submitting the form before the end of May 2019. Are they right? What do you guys have to say about my situation, overall?

Hellow ,am a new member, what next after selected randomly, and how can I get my case number, ?is case number and conformation no the same?

SakuraNami thanks for your help! I almost did pay for it. So i can submit once every year right?
Also, by what i can gather, are our qualifications the most important in this? I have completed a BSc but also thinking of doing a Masters which will end in 2021. Is it best to just complete all of it first and then apply or give it a try anyway?

Thanks again.
The draw is random so your education doesn’t affect whether you are selected. And you just need a high school diploma to qualify for a visa. So no need to complete any further education just to enter.

Hi to all the new & veteran members of this thread!
I’m a DV2020 selectee with the craziest number that have ever surfaced; I guess; AF68XXX.
Since I’m new to the whole thing, I wanted to ask about what is the favorable time to submit DS-260 form because some youtube vlogers keep insisting on the importance of submitting the form before the end of May 2019. Are they right? What do you guys have to say about my situation, overall?

No they are not right. Please go to britsimonsays.com and look through the DV info and FAQs there - it is a reliable site.

Numbers seem high this year but it’s too soon to tell (by the way, the year I got DV there were successful AF numbers in the 90000’s, but Nigeria was still in the draw back then).

Hellow ,am a new member, what next after selected randomly, and how can I get my case number, ?is case number and conformation no the same?
Your case number is on your selection letter if you have been selected. No it’s not the same.

Simon, Why are there high numbers in Ukraine this year, I saw 30xxx, 33xxxx, 34xxx? I think the number of participants is a catastrophic quantity .

Simon, Why are there high numbers in Ukraine this year, I saw 30xxx, 33xxxx, 34xxx? I think the number of participants is a catastrophic quantity .
Turkey is same. There are many high numbers which are 40.000 50.000. We really dont understand what is happining. Is there anyone who can explain this situation?

Its interesting cause my case number is eu43***.
I havent seen a smaller number than 25000 for EU.
Is there anyone with a smaller number than that for EU?
There are some in turkey as i saw from some local forums but not so much. My case number is also 49XXX. There are also many numbers above 50.000

Is an EU305XX Case number really considered very high? In the past 13 years there has only been one year where a 30XXX case number didn’t became current, which was in 2018. I really want to think positive but reading all of these reports makes me so unsure about it. I can’t wait to see the total numbers of selectees.