• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020?

Is EU000497xx too high ranking number? Do you think if there is a chance or overall prediction from past experiences?
Thanks all!

Last edited:
Is EU000497xx very high ranking number? Is there any chance, no? Thanks!

Congratulations. You can look at historical visa bulletins to get an idea of where your number sits.

Still need to remember that past performance isn't a guarantee of the experience you will have.

Hi Everyone,

Another year as not selected and good luck to everyone that is selected for the DV 2020 Lottery. I´m currently living in Europe so always consider other options that can help you explore other parts of the world not only the U.S.

Is EU00049xx too high ranking number? Do you think if there is a chance or overall prediction from past experiences?
Thanks all!
Literally noone has a clue right now. And, you only need to ask in one forum. Also if you can post the number of selectees that might help give a tiny bit of a clue to anyone trying to look at it.

Hi Everyone,

Another year as not selected and good luck to everyone that is selected for the DV 2020 Lottery. I´m currently living in Europe so always consider other options that can help you explore other parts of the world not only the U.S.

aw sorry to hear Pierre :(

Just checked, not selected! See yall next year if this program is still up.

Sorry, my mistake. The number is EU000497xx, Simon. What would you say?

Holy cow - that is a VERY high number - from early numbers I am guessing this is the almost predictable return to an over selection year (they seem to spend a couple of years under selecting then a couple of years swinging the other way to over selecting) , meaning people will miss out. Now - having said that - it is too early to know for sure. The safe numbers vary based on "density" meaning there are NOT 49000 cases in front of you, but we cannot know yet how many there are for sure. We will know more as we see more numbers reported, then more still when we see the selectee numbers announced, and the picture becomes very clear in January once we have the CEAC data. Your letter may have an important clue. Does it mention how many selectees there are this year? If it does I would guess over 120k.

Holy cow - that is a VERY high number - from early numbers I am guessing this is the almost predictable return to an over selection year (they seem to spend a couple of years under selecting then a couple of years swinging the other way to over selecting) , meaning people will miss out. Now - having said that - it is too early to know for sure. The safe numbers vary based on "density" meaning there are NOT 49000 cases in front of you, but we cannot know yet how many there are for sure. We will know more as we see more numbers reported, then more still when we see the selectee numbers announced, and the picture becomes very clear in January once we have the CEAC data. Your letter may have an important clue. Does it mention how many selectees there are this year? If it does I would guess over 120k.

Simon, It reads "You have been randomly selected for further processing in the Diversity Immigrant Visa Program for the fiscal year 2020 (October 1, 2019 to September 30, 2020). Selection does not guarantee that you will receive a visa because the number of applicants selected is greater than the number of visas available. Therefore, it is very important that you carefully follow instructions to increase your chances of possible visa issuance.
All DV applicants must use the online DS-260 Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application..."

Simon, do I have to fill DS-260 then? Thank you!

Simon, It reads "You have been randomly selected for further processing in the Diversity Immigrant Visa Program for the fiscal year 2020 (October 1, 2019 to September 30, 2020). Selection does not guarantee that you will receive a visa because the number of applicants selected is greater than the number of visas available. Therefore, it is very important that you carefully follow instructions to increase your chances of possible visa issuance.
All DV applicants must use the online DS-260 Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application..."

Simon, do I have to fill DS-260 then? Thank you!

Well you will make that decision later, but there is certainly no point in rushing to complete the DS260 - not in 2019 even.

Home from work a little early. Just about to jump on and check. Fingers are crossed, although I am a realist an know my chances are slim but I am hopeful.

Website is down for everyone. Since it's 2 am EST, I'm pretty sure the website won't be fixed right away :). I will leave it until the end of day (I'm living in the EU). Good luck everyone !