• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 Oceania Selectees

If you want to update your GC mailing address after the interview, do you do it through the USCIS or KCC?

If you want to update your GC mailing address after the interview, do you do it through the USCIS or KCC?
You do it at port of entry. KCC has nothing more to do with your case, and uscis only takes change of address notices once you actually reside in the US.

Quick question - is everyone supplying Sydney with an express post envelope or the 3kg platinum satchel when they go for their interviews?

Fair enough. I did cause I got burned in 2014 lol so I was taking extra precautions plus my daughter applied so I figured why not.

It will be interesting to see what the numbers are like this new intake.

Quick question - is everyone supplying Sydney with an express post envelope or the 3kg platinum satchel when they go for their interviews?
I took the express post as the post office told me they don't do the platinum post satchels anymore

We waited two hours. The interview was very straight forward and took about one minute. We had worked hard on our paperwork and made sure it was all in order over the last months with the help of this forum. We plan on heading to California early next month.San Luis Obispo, in fact! Thanks to everybody!

So rescheduling the interview takes some time. Emailed consulate last week. Still no reply. Rang them this morning and they advised my email had been received, and I had to wait for a reply.

Sigh...

Mijoro - If you're married to a US citizen, why did you go through the DV lottery pathway? I would have thought it would be faster/easier to go through the marriage sponsorship pathway?

In DV cases, the poverty guidelines are used to assess the income level of the SPONSOR in relation to the total combined family size (sponsor plus family AND selectee plus derivatives). That is used on I-134 which is the AOS form used in DV cases.

For the scenario you mention Michael, you probably don't need a letter from the prospective employer. Three reasons for that.
1. Sydney rarely ask anything about financials (somewhat unusually, so it could change).
2. Your savings would probably be enough to satisfy them.
3. You could talk about the possibility of the transfer.

As I mention in point 1, points 2 and 3 are unlikely to be discussed much if at all. So - no need to overthink this.

Thank you so much for the advice! Your wealth of knowledge is bloody impressive and continuously puts me at ease!

We waited two hours. The interview was very straight forward and took about one minute. We had worked hard on our paperwork and made sure it was all in order over the last months with the help of this forum. We plan on heading to California early next month.San Luis Obispo, in fact! Thanks to everybody!

San Luis Obispo ? To live? Why there?