Expired DL/Biometrics appointment

Dakine312

Hello!

I have my biometrics appointment next week since I lost my green card but my DL is expired and my passport is expired as well. Would that be a problem? Would I be able to get my biometrics?

Hello!

I have my biometrics appointment next week since I lost my green card but my DL is expired and my passport is expired as well. Would that be a problem? Would I be able to get my biometrics?

Hello!

Why can't you get your DL renewed before your appointment? Depending on the state you are living in, you may be able to get a new DL card on same day or at least get a paper receipt showing that you have renewed it.

-Kabir

Why can't you get your DL renewed before your appointment? Depending on the state you are living in, you may be able to get a new DL card on same day or at least get a paper receipt showing that you have renewed it.

-Kabir
I live in Hawaii and for me to get my DL renewed I need to bring proper doc such as, GC, Social Security, Electric bill to show address.

The only other thing that comes to mind is ask your motor vehicle dept if you can renew your DL with the expired GC and documentation showing your renewal in process such as your receipt for GC renewal and/or bio-metrics appointment letter. Otherwise just hope for the best and go to your appointment, unless someone else here knows another way.

Best of luck.

-Kabir

Thank you Kabir. I called DMV and they won’t give me unless I have notice for my biometric appointment have the stamp that I did the appointment.

ya, you lost your gc, and let your drivers license and passport expire, sorry to be frank, but get off your butt and manage your life.

You may think that sounds harsh, but, you are required by law to carry your gc at all times (not that anyone does) but how long has it been since you lost it and not filed for a replacement?

Your DL is expired, but I assume you still drive? If true, seriously?

And then your passport is expired.

All this while you put yourself in place for a biometrics appt and you sat on your hands and did nothing? SMH

But hey, after doing absolutely nothing to help your cause, you come here for advice... good one!

ya, you lost your gc, and let your drivers license and passport expire, sorry to be frank, but get off your butt and manage your life.

You may think that sounds harsh, but, you are required by law to carry your gc at all times (not that anyone does) but how long has it been since you lost it and not filed for a replacement?

All this while you put yourself in place for a biometrics appt and you sat on your hands and did nothing? SMH

But hey, after doing absolutely nothing to help your cause, you come here for advice... good one!

Thank for the reply and being a jerk about it and calling me LAZY!

My green card was lost in the mail and according to USCIS it was not returned.

I filed and requested to replace my green card. If my green card was not lost in the mail- I would not be dealing with this issue.

My DL expired last week and DMV was able to provide a restricted DL for driving only but can not use as form of ID. So to answer your question- I’m not driving illegally!

I’ve done my do deligence to make sure that I’m in complaciance with everything.

In regards to my passport. I have not been outside of US for 30 years.

In reference to your last statement- I’ve done everything and actually proactive about it.

I guess your mother never told you that if you don’t have anything nice to say- then shut it!

The biometrics appointment is for the application that I submitted to replace my lost green card.

The biometrics appointment is for the application that I submitted to replace my lost green card.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. But without valid ID. I know. In NJ
You can't get pass the security Guard at the door . Mucheless actually take the appointment.

Don't think other states are much different as USCIS follows the same protocols in other states I would assume.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. But without valid ID. I know. In NJ
You can't get pass the security Guard at the door . Mucheless actually take the appointment.

Don't think other states are much different as USCIS follows the same protocols in other states I would assume.

Thanks for your input- just makes me wonder also- why is it that TSA will let you travel with an expired DL within a year when DL expired but can’t use my expired DL to get my biometrics done.

Have a good one!

Just want to provide an update- I had my biometric appointment today and they took my expired DL as form of ID along with my biometric appointment letter.

...I had heard that expired documentation (passports, DLs etc) still functions as proof of identity but I wasn’t sure if that was the official view. Glad it worked out in this case!

...I had heard that expired documentation (passports, DLs etc) still functions as proof of identity but I wasn’t sure if that was the official view. Glad it worked out in this case!

I was soo glad .
Also, I was able to do a walk in to get 1-551 card. Was my lucky day!!